Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (30/30 Wizards Added)

johne9109

3 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Here's the Angels with pinstripes. Can't say I like it (doesn't feel very Angels) The throwback logo I used for the Dodgers I made actually, but looking up the PCL Angels logo I can see where you thought that.

pb4Rit1.png

10 hours ago, johne9109 said:

I don't know if it's my screen or your screen but they are all one tone.

I am absolutely certain they aren't. Unless Photopea, Paint and GIMP are really playing up on my computer, there are two shades of red on that cap for sure, and all the other Angels Alts you have posted. It's got  the shade used for everything except the front two cap panels, the player name and belt, and the more pinkish red used for those parts.

For everything else posted, one shade has been used, but in this case there are two different shades and it sticks out badly.

10 hours ago, johne9109 said:

These feels more constructive; you've really explained yourself instead of ust coming through every so often saying this is bad or that's awful. As far as the alternates I enjoy the 90's logos and these are my concepts I can put what I want. And the 90's logos have wings which are also indicative of angels; halos aren't the only imagery for angels.

The teams nickname is The Halos, and every single uniform the Angels have worn has had a halo on it somewhere, the 1997-2001 sets had one on the sleeve as part of the alternate logo. It just feels incomplete without one. I would be interested in seeing them with the same shade of red used throughout, a halo somewhere and the one thing that would hugely improve the set, navy numbers, names and wordmark for the home alt.

Milwaukee Brewers

For the most part the Brewers have a solid set of uniforms. The only change to the home and away is I put the baseball logo on the right sleeve and added Barrell Man to the left sleeve. The Alternates base are the same as well. The home alternate keeps the wheat color as the regular home and then for both the home and away alternates I brought back the previous wordmarks. The home throwback goes back to 1901 and the original Brewers. The away throwback is the baby blue uniform form the 70's

kl5NSpJ.jpg

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (16/30 Brewers added) NFL, NHL, NBA
35 minutes ago, Djruggs said:

Brewers look solid, but I gotta say I'm not crazy about the inconsistent piping on the home uni

Thanks! I noticed that too when looking at the current uniforms, but I think it works with the wheat base on the home uniform. The placket looks fine with both colors until you get to the wordmark and then I think it gets a little muddled

lbJytBK.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

42 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

Thanks! I noticed that too when looking at the current uniforms, but I think it works with the wheat base on the home uniform. The placket looks fine with both colors until you get to the wordmark and then I think it gets a little muddled

lbJytBK.png

Yeah, I think the best course of action for these would be to either have a thin cream stroke around the yellow on the wordmark or to just go only sleeve piping. Either way, really well done so far on this whole series!

• Like 1

Minnesota Twins

The Twins Currently have 6 uniforms like I am doing, but they are a mess and all over the place. Two dark blues, a light blue, a red, and the normal white and grey; it's just a mess. SO the home stays mostly untouched while the away now matches striping with the home uniform. The two alternates now share the TC logo and also have more uniform striping. The home and away throwbacks are both from the same era starting in the 80's and essentially lasted until the mid 2010's in some way shape or form

tU0VWdQ.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (17/30 Brewers added) NFL, NHL, NBA
6 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Milwaukee Brewers

For the most part the Brewers have a solid set of uniforms. The only change to the home and away is I put the baseball logo on the right sleeve and added Barrell Man to the left sleeve. The Alternates base are the same as well. The home alternate keeps the wheat color as the regular home and then for both the home and away alternates I brought back the previous wordmarks. The home throwback goes back to 1901 and the original Brewers. The away throwback is the baby blue uniform form the 70's

kl5NSpJ.jpg

Pretty solid set. Though I would have gone with the early 90s wordmarks for the alts. The "cheers" wordmarks remind most of us of losing baseball and the Ryan Braun scandal. I'd also go with the 1982 powder blues. I know the block M is historically accurate, but the last time I owned one everyone thought it was a Michigan hat.

11 hours ago, NicDB said:

Pretty solid set. Though I would have gone with the early 90s wordmarks for the alts. The "cheers" wordmarks remind most of us of losing baseball and the Ryan Braun scandal. I'd also go with the 1982 powder blues. I know the block M is historically accurate, but the last time I owned one everyone thought it was a Michigan hat.

As a New Englander I love the "Cheers" wordmarks, but I can understand why a Brewers fan may not like it. I hope these are the wordmarks you're referring to. As far as the throwback I really liked the powder blue uniform with the yellow wordmark and I like to keep the throwbacks as historically accurate as possible.

OOHG5Sz.png

ANjKeXp.png

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

New York Yankees

The Yankees in my opinion have the most iconic looks in all the MLB; and this is coming from a Red Sox fan. I was still able to make some changes here with their uniforms. The current home and away are expanded across the home and away and the alternate uniforms. The current home stays as is, but is then given a grey counterpart that becomes the away uniform. The current away uniform is moved to the away alternate and given a white counterpart with the classic script. This gives them a well rounded rotation of uniforms in my opinion. The throwbacks go back to the teams days as the Highlanders. The home is from 1905 and the away is from 1906. Also I thought it was funny that I made these designs while watching David Ortiz's HOF speech

KAYq4Yk.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

5 hours ago, johne9109 said:

As a New Englander I love the "Cheers" wordmarks, but I can understand why a Brewers fan may not like it. I hope these are the wordmarks you're referring to. As far as the throwback I really liked the powder blue uniform with the yellow wordmark and I like to keep the throwbacks as historically accurate as possible.

OOHG5Sz.png

ANjKeXp.png

Yes! This is the one!

• Like 1

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (18/30 Yankees added) NFL, NHL, NBA

New York Mets

The Mets script is a great font, so great they generally use it more than their actual logo. So I decided to put script fonts on both the home and away uniforms; otherwise they're virtually the same. As well as the alternates. The blue uniform is designated as the home alternate and the black uniform is designated as the away alternate. The black uniform is given the New York script as well and given some grey pants. The Mets have generally stuck to the same design except for a time in the 80's and that is what is designated as the home and away throwbacks.

VXOohDv.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (19/30 Mets added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Oakland A's

The A's have one of my favorite looks in all of sports. It's a color combination that really stands out (especially in the MLB). The home and away stay the same. The alternates are where things get crazy in a good way. They are a combination of the current Kelly green alternate and the teams uniforms from the 60's. The home uniform is mainly yellow while the away is mainly green. Both get the A logo over a wordmark. I went back and forth for the throwbacks for awhile. At first I was going to recolor the throwbacks to a green to match the A's look, but I really prefer to keep the throwbacks as historically accurate as possible; which meant giving the A's blue uniforms. Eventually I went historically accurate as I found that the the A's themselves have thrownback to this era and kept the original colors. Both throwbacks are from the teams original days in Philly with the home coming from 1917 and the away being from 1921

iFMka3t.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (20/30 A's added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Marlins - Glad you ditched the black alt and embraced Miami's vibrant blue and red for the alts. Nice work overall, but is there a reason the home throwback says "Florida" and not "Marlins"? 

Brewers - I was going to give you a hard time about using the 2000-19 scripts for the home and road alts, but then I saw you posted updated versions which are a definite improvement. Good job! 

Twins - Looking good. I'd like to see a powder blue throwback in there somewhere, but that's just personal preference. 

Yankees - Nice work all around.

Mets - Looking good! For the away alt, might I suggest using this script?

A's - Since it seems like you're going for a '69-71 look for the home and road alts, maybe add front numbers. 

Keep up the great work!

14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Marlins - Glad you ditched the black alt and embraced Miami's vibrant blue and red for the alts. Nice work overall, but is there a reason the home throwback says "Florida" and not "Marlins"? 

Because I'm a doofus and forgot to put the correct template up. I caught the mistake when and fixed it and then forgot to put it with the other uniforms so here's the corrected one
0apUqyp.png

Mets - Looking good! For the away alt, might I suggest using this script?

I thought about it, but as I said I really like the script look for the Mets, but I do have nostalgia seeing Mike Piazza in this jersey. Ultimately for this series I'd keep it as is, but that's personal preference

kngiUkQ.png

A's - Since it seems like you're going for a '69-71 look for the home and road alts, maybe add front numbers. 

I purposefully kept the numbers off the front. I really dislike the look of having a logo on one side the number on the opposite side. It feels unbalanced to me. Having just the logo looks fine; Kind of like these uni's from the 70's

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

Philadelphia Phillies

I don't know what it is about inconsistency with pinstripes in the MLB but it bothers me when only one of a teams uniforms uses pinstripes. So like the Yankees the Phillies home and away both feature pinstripes. The Alternates are a take on the maroon and baby blue years of the 70's. Originally they were zipper uniforms so I decided to make them pullovers to complete the affect. The home throwback is based on a unique uniform from 1934. I really liked the wordmark used here and would like to see the Phillies throwback to it sometime. The away throwback is from 1921.

3y2oakT.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (21/30 Phillies added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Pittsburgh Pirates

The biggest change with the Pirates home and away uniforms are that I used the home font for both uniforms. I also used the font for the numbers on the home, away, and both alternates. Now the alternates are loosely based on the uniforms from the 70's. I changed up some coloring here and there and a little bit of the striping on the away alternate. The throwbacks here made me wish I wasn't trying to recreate them as they were because I think both of these throwbacks would've worked really well in the Pirates' current colors, but I will follow the rules set for myself.  So the home comes from 1940 and the away comes from 1903. With the away uniform I would see them having the option of an undershirt like in the template or a long sleeve undershirt like the original uniform. It's weird seeing the Pirates in red and blue, but it is a part of their history. 

PQZvuw7.jpg

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (22/30 Pirates added) NFL, NHL, NBA

San Diego Padres

The Padres are another team that has such a unique look that it is one of my favorites in the MLB; especially since they went back to their classic colors. The home uniform stays pretty much as is, except now instead of the base being white it is now tan. I loved how the team originally used tan instead of white so I wanted to bring that back. The Brown away is ditched and replaced with one of the teams alternates. I always felt this matched the home uniform so much better. The alternates harken back to what is probably the Padres most famous look from the 70's. It's not a one for one translation as I took some liberties with the pants and striping. The throwbacks ae the teams second set of uniforms (The first didn't have the piping) For the life of me I could not find the old San Diego wordmark nor could i recreate it; so I left it as Padres. If anyone knows where I can find the old wordmark or what font it is please let me know so I can fix it. 

m4ief3x.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (23/30 Padres added) NFL, NHL, NBA

San Francisco Giants

The Giants home uniform stays the same, while the away uniform gets a couple of touches to make it match the home uniform better. I changed the wordmark to be the same font and matched the piping on the neck and sleeves. The alternates are virtually unchanged except for me giving the away alternate grey pants and slight piping changes on the pants. It's a good thing this isn't a un red and bluing the MLB series because the last few teams throwbacks have added even more red or blue and the Giants are no different. Both throwbacks go back to the teams New York days. The home throwback is the Giants original NY uniform; I of course changed it to say SF instead. The away uniform is from 1919.

wJ0viFX.jpg

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (24/30 Giants added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Seattle Mariners

Seattle was pretty straightforward. Home, away, and the teal and navy blue alternates are all brought over with the navy blue uniform having the two toned hat and drops the number from the front. The throwbacks are the home and away uniforms late 70's/early 80's. People like these blue uniforms, even though I personally prefer their current look, so it was an easy choice for the throwbacks. 

DUcp9KE.jpg

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (25/30 Mariners added) NFL, NHL, NBA

I like that home throwback for the Phils. The contrasting "P" is a fun idea; it's nice and quirky. And nice work on the Pirates, Padres, Giants and M's! I really dig the two Giants throwback designs, as well.  

This is a nitpick but a few of the cap logos look ginormous, namely the Orioles block "B" and the "P" on the Pirates road throwback. 

• Like 1