Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (30/30 Wizards Added)

johne9109

New Orleans Saints

The Saints home and away didn't need a change in all honesty. I went with gold pants over white pants for both uniforms. The home alternate is all black. I'm surprised the Saints haven't had gold jerseys so for their away alternate I put a gold version of their jersey with the black pants. The home throwback is from the 80's. i chose this uniform as I really liked the use of the state of Louisiana as a secondary logo. The away throwback is from the 60's

7htXSVK.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (23/32 Saints Added), NHL, NBA

New York Giants

This one may end up being the most controversial on this list, but for the Giants main uniforms I completely dropped red. It's always bothered me the mismatching blue home and red away uniforms; so I just decided to drop the red completely and just went blue and white similar tot he Toronto Maple Leafs. I did keep the grey pants for the away uniform. The home alternate sees the return of GIANTS on the helmet and an all blue uniform as well as some whit striping. The away alternate is an all white version of the home alt. Giants fans who like red in the uniform do not despair as both throwbacks feature red. The home throwback is from the 20's and the away throwback is a familiar looking uniform from the 50's

NYG

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (24/32 Giants Added), NHL, NBA

New York Jets

So the Jets current home and away get replaced by the previous versions of their uniforms. The current uniforms aren't completely ditched however. I moved to the Alternate uniforms; they just have more of an alternate feel to me. I also modified the logo on all four uniforms. I put the logo back into the oval shape, but dropped the NY so it's just Jets and the football. The throwback uniforms are both from the 60's, but the home features the actual jet logo and the away features the classic version of the current logo

NYJ

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (25/32 Jets Added), NHL, NBA
  • johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (26/32 Eagles Added), NHL, NBA

Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers are another one of those teams that have a pretty untouchable look so I let it be for the home and away. The home alternate becomes an all black look, while the away alternate becomes a new all yellow look. I don't know why the Steelers haven't tried all yellow, but I think it looks nice. For the throwbacks we get two unique looks from their history. The home is the pinstripe look from the 30's when they were still technically the Pirates. The away throwback is the yellow shoulder colored look from the 60's

PIT

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (27/32 Steelers Added), NHL, NBA
4 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers are another one of those teams that have a pretty untouchable look so I let it be for the home and away. The home alternate becomes an all black look, while the away alternate becomes a new all yellow look. I don't know why the Steelers haven't tried all yellow, but I think it looks nice. For the throwbacks we get two unique looks from their history. The home is the pinstripe look from the 30's when they were still technically the Pirates. The away throwback is the yellow shoulder colored look from the 60's

PIT

nicolas cage bees GIF

In all seriousness this is a cool set

• LOL 1

San Francisco 49ers

So for the home and away for the Niners I combined some of my favorite elements form recent uniforms. I kept the gold pants but brought back the drop shadow on the numbers. The home and away alternate employ white pants and some black striping. The home throwback is from the 60's showing a true evolution form then to now. The away throwback is form the 50's and features gold and red striping

SF

• Like 2
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (28/32 49ers Added), NHL, NBA

Seattle Seahawks

For Seattle home and away I focused more on the navy blue and grey; keeping green to a tertiary color. The home is a navy jersey with grey pants and the away flips that with a grey jersey and navy pants. The alternates however put more emphasis on the navy and green. I essentially took the color rush green uniforms and put them as the away alternates and them flipped the navy and green to make an all navy uniform. I know there are many that don't like the gaudy green uniforms, but I love them so I knew I wanted to use it for the alternates. The home and away throwback are both throwbacks to the teams original uniforms

SEA

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (29/32 Seahawks Added), NHL, NBA

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

There are people who are calling for the Bucs to redesign their uniforms, but I think they're a great look especially with the pewter color they employ. So the home and away stick with the pewter pants for both. The home alternate is a complete pewter look while the away alternate is a new take on the classic orange uniforms. The throwbacks are then of course the creamcicle uniforms

TBB

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (30/32 Buccaners Added), NHL, NBA

Tennessee Titans 

Another team where I like the recent change that has seemed to upset most others is the Titans. I like the sword motif on the shoulders so it stays.  I also added a sword striping to the pants. The home and away alternates brings the light blue to the forefront as a nod to the Titans previous uniforms. The throwbacks are of the Oilers in the 70's. I know some of you may be thinking "why not have the Houston Texans use the Oilers throwbacks." I chose t keep the Oilers with the Titans because it is a direct franchise connection and the Titans even played in Tennessee with the Oilers name; so it felt better fitting here

TEN

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (31/32 Titans Added), NHL, NBA

Washington Commanders

The brand change to the Commanders ha to be one of the biggest follies in NFL, if not sports history. I'm not here to completely change their look or branding; just to put a cohesive set together. I did make some changes however. I took most of my visual cues from the (Commanders) previous uniforms while keeping the commanders branding. The home uniform features a red jersey with white pants and then flipped for the away. The home alternate is a all red look with the away alternate being an all white look. People also say that the Commanders can't do throwback uniforms which is BS. I found this look from the 70's which was easily modified to fit the Commanders branding (I dropped the feathers and put a W instead of the R) The away throwback is this logoless look from the 50's. They will still be identified as the Commanders and there's not Offensive Native American imagery. 

WAS

• Like 3
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32 Commanders Added), NHL, NBA

Week 1 Part 1

billsrams

For the Bills and Rams I went with the Rams new home and the Bills new away. I almost went with the Bills away alt, but I wanted to keep the blue on the Bills to a minimum

saintsfalcons

With the Saints and the Falcons being a historic rivalry I went with throwbacks for both teams

49ersbears

49ers vs Bears is a simple away vs home. 

steelrsbengals

I almost went color vs color for this matchup, but I felt a full yellow uniform vs a full orange uniform seemed to much for two similar colors. So I went with the normal away for the Steelers and the home alternate for the Bengals

eagles-vs-lions

Eagles vs Lions is another home vs away as I felt the black of the Eagles offset the Lions grey pretty well

patriots-vs-dolphins

Patriots vs Dolphins is another historic matchup and they wear throwbacks as well. The Pat patriots uniforms are so hyped to be returning as well that I think it'd be a smart move to wear them first night

ravensjets

With the Jets having such a white forward uniform I went with the away alternate for the Raven in a color vs color matchup of sorts

jaguarscommanders

Jags vs Commanders is a Home vs Away matchup as well. i wanted to use the away alternate, but I felt the gold was too similar to the Commanders yellow.

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

Week 1 Part 2

brownspanthers

Browns wear their away alternate and the Panthers wear their new home uniform for a color vs color game

coltstexans

I went alts for the Colts and the Texans to get a good contrast between the two teams

giantstitans

To help tell the two teams apart from each other I went away alternate all white look for the Giants and the home alternate for the Titans so they wear the lighter blue

pacekrsvikings

The Packers and Vikings are rivals, but it really took off with the turn of the century. So instead of going throwbacks I went with their colorful alts.

chiefscards

This was a difficult choice given the similarity in colors. So I went all white away alt for the Chiefs and all red home alt for the Cardinals

raiderschargers

Now for this rivalry I did go throwbacks

bucscowboys

I really liked the alts I created for these two teams so that was my choice here

broncosseahawks

Another rivalry throwback game

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32 Complete), NHL, NBA

Anaheim Ducks

Let's move onto the NHL starting with the Ducks. If Disney still owned the team this would've looked quite a bit different. It's probably be the original uniforms as home and away, the current orange alt as the alternates with a white version, and the original movie uniforms as the throwbacks. Alas, Disney does not own the team anymore so this is the 6 uniform lineup I went with. The orange alternate now becomes the home uniform (something the Ducks are rumored to be doing) and gets a white version for the away. The current home and away become alternates and the original uniforms are the throwbacks

ANA

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32 Complete), NHL (1/32 Ducks Added), NBA

Arizona Coyotes

The Kachina stays as the home and away for Arizona. It's easily their best look and was a good move going back to it. For the alternate I used the previous iteration of their uniforms, but I swapped out white for their sand color. For their throwback I used their reverse retro as the basis considering they don't have any other good uniforms to throw it back to. I made a sand away throwback to go with the space coyote. I tried doing the sand color for the regular away but it surprisingly didn't work so that is their lone white uniform

ARI

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32 Complete), NHL (2/32 Coyotes Added), NBA

Boston Bruins

The Bruins were a team that was hard to narrow down to just 6 uniforms. Out of all the original 6 teams they are definitely the one that has tried the most with their uniforms and most have been successful looks for Boston. So I kept the home and away essential the same. The big change is the logo on the home jersey. I colored the B yellow to invoke imagery of the older Bruins teams of the 70 's and 80's; I always think this was the better look as far as their logo goes. I also added the Pooh Bear to the shoulders. I know a lot of people HATE that logo, but I like it and I decided this was better then to go full on Pooh Bear for the alternate uniforms. For the alternate uniforms I took inspiration from the uniforms from the 40's and 50's. The black uniform is designated for home and then I did a yellow uniform for the home alternate. I'd like to see the NHL embrace dark and light colors over dark and white uniforms; at least for alternate uniforms. The home throwback is their original uniform and then the away throwback is from a  couple years later

BOS

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32 Complete), NHL (3/32 Bruins Added), NBA

Buffalo Sabres

The best thing the Sabres did for their brand was going back to their original uniforms. I did the same and kept the uniforms as is for the home and away. The Alternates are the fan favorite "goat head" uniforms. I'm not a fan of these, but they are a beloved time in Sabres designs. I did go the Reverse Retro route so to speak and dropped the black and red and kept the blue and gold color scheme. With the original uniforms being the home and away uniforms the choices for throwback uniforms is very limiting. What I decided to do was take their alternate from the early 10's and use that as a throwback as it was a fauxback in the first place. It is then given a white uniform, well off white to keep the fauxback look. 

BUF

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png