Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (30/30 Wizards Added)

johne9109

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I like that home throwback for the Phils. The contrasting "P" is a fun idea; it's nice and quirky. And nice work on the Pirates, Padres, Giants and M's! I really dig the two Giants throwback designs, as well.  

This is a nitpick but a few of the cap logos look ginormous, namely the Orioles block "B" and the "P" on the Pirates road throwback. 

Thanks! I love that Phillies throwback as well. Yeah the template I have can be a little finicky with applying the cap logos especially with certain fonts. I try to get them to where they're legible but not too big.

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

St Louis Cardinals

Cardinals home stays as is. The away uniform gets the St. Louis wordmark. The alternates are loosely base on the uniforms from the 70's. I kept the current logos and wordmarks to help them feel more like a wordmark than being a throwback. The home throwback is from 1922 and the away throwback comes from1900

30CFPb2.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (26/30 Cardinals added) NFL, NHL, NBA
  • johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (27/30 Rays added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Texas Rangers

Doing this set for the Rangers has shown me that I really like what the Rangers already have as uniforms. They have a really good balance with their red and their blue. I realy like how their home focuses more on red and their road uniforms focus more on blue it brings a nice balance in a way. I carried that over to my series here. The home drops the script and instead uses the font of the away uniform. The red alternate becomes the home alternate and the blue alternate drops the baby blue and becomes the away alternate. For the home throwback we go back to their inaugural look in the 70's and the away is from the 80's. This is one of my personal favorites in the series along with Miami.

XjWUBNa.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (28/30 Rangers added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Toronto Blue Jays

The Blue Jays are another team that have a great look. Home and away stay as is. The Blue alternate becomes their home alternate. Instead of going with the sky blue alternate I introduced a dark blue away alternate. The home and away throwbacks are from the teams inaugural year so you still get a sky blue uniform.

MEUHdsM.jpg

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (29/30 Blue Jays added) NFL, NHL, NBA

Washington Nationals

Here we are at the end of the series. So the Nationals Home and away both get the script wordmarks on the front. They also balance out their use of red and blue. The alternates are a combination of all of their current alternates for the most part. Both feature the capitol building caps and the flag W logo. The home alternate is given a red base with blue highlights and the away alternate is given a blue base with red highlights. Now for the throwbacks I could see some people being upset at the Nationals wearing Expos, but there's really no other option for the Nationals and I think it's nice getting to see the Expos every once in a while. The MLB allowing the Nationals to wear Expos uniforms in real life lends credence to this choice as well. I know it's a Hurricanes wearing Whalers incident, but overall I think it will be positively received.

UZ91151.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30 COMPLETE) NFL, NHL, NBA
6 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Washington Nationals

Now for the throwbacks I could see some people being upset at the Nationals wearing Expos, but there's really no other option for the Nationals and I think it's nice getting to see the Expos every once in a while. The MLB allowing the Nationals to wear Expos uniforms in real life lends credence to this choice as well. I know it's a Hurricanes wearing Whalers incident, but overall I think it will be positively received.

There was always the 1924 Senators uniforms, going back to or a tribute to the Homestead Greys. Either would have been better than the Expos Uniforms, for Montreal fans it's a painful reminder that their team, for all intents and purposes, no longer exists, and for the Nationals, why are they wearing a uniform of a team that played in the second worst stadium in baseball and had a cheapskate owner?

Either a throwback to one of the few times the Sens had a winning season or a Negro League tribute is better than a team that played in Montreal. For me, revisiting the Baseball history of DC would be preferable to the team wearing an Expos shirt.

The other uniforms are okay, but are a bit let down by the solid colour socks - stirrups you've used, as it has for many of the teams here. I understand using solid colour socks with no detail for some teams (The Yankees), but for others, it just looks like a missed opportunity for alternate logos, the DC interlocking logos would have looked good on the non-Expos uniforms.

• 2 weeks later...

Arizona Cardinals

And we're back and to start us off is the Arizona Cardinals. The Cardinals are one of those teams that are in need of a redesign. Their current look is pretty bland. So what I did for the home and away is I took the main idea of the current uniforms and put the Arizona flag back onto the sleeves. The home alternate is maroon color rush of sorts with the yellow from the logo added as a secondary color. The away alternate is the same but with a yellow jersey. The Home throwback goes back to the team's time in Chicago while the away throwback is from the 90's. I did remove the logo from the sleeves on the away throwback due to the current uniform sleeves not having the room

Y7IhFmT.jpg

• Huh? 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (1/32 Cardinals Added), NHL, NBA

Atlanta Falcons

The first thing I did with the Falcons is went back to their pervious style of jersey. It just looks so much better than their current uniforms. Next I made black the main color for the Falcons; I always preferred the Falcons in black and so the home is black while the red becomes the away alternate. The home alternate is a black color rush style uniform. I also created new pant striping that mimics the wings in their logo. The Home throwback is from the 60's with the sleeve numbers moved up to the shoulders; while the away throwback is from the 80's

QWGVfKQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (2/32 Falcons Added), NHL, NBA
1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

Atlanta Falcons

The first thing I did with the Falcons is went back to their pervious style of jersey. It just looks so much better than their current uniforms. Next I made black the main color for the Falcons; I always preferred the Falcons in black and so the home is black while the red becomes the away alternate. The home alternate is a black color rush style uniform. I also created new pant striping that mimics the wings in their logo. The Home throwback is from the 60's with the sleeve numbers moved up to the shoulders; while the away throwback is from the 80's

QWGVfKQ.jpg

Gonna be honest, this is a major downgrade. Their new unis are boring, but these scream 2003.

• Like 2

Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens home and away uniforms are left in tact here. The home alternate then takes that look and make sit into an all black look with more emphasis on purple and gold as secondary colors the away alternate is a purple uniform with gold as the secondary color. The home and away throwback then take us to their original uniforms. While I'm glad they went away from these original uniforms it'll be cool seeing them break them out every now and again

qBmRRwV.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (3/32 Ravens Added), NHL, NBA

Buffalo Bills

So I know I am going to get quite a bit of flack for this one but for the Bills I put them back in a darker blue; I did however keep the lighter blue as a tertiary color. Why? To help differentiate them from the Goants and the Patriots (You'll understand when you see them) Other than the color change most of the design cues come from uniforms in the early '10's. I changed the sleeves stripes to mimic the red bar in the teams logo and played with the combinations of the red with the two shades of blue. The home and away alternates take most of their design cues from their 00's uniforms. The home away comes from the 60's and don't worry the Bills still get their classic colors in their away throwback from the 80's

yERpMki.jpg

• Meh 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (4/32 Bills Added), NHL, NBA
3 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

Buffalo Bills

So I know I am going to get quite a bit of flack for this one but for the Bills I put them back in a darker blue; I did however keep the lighter blue as a tertiary color. Why? To help differentiate them from the Goants and the Patriots (You'll understand when you see them) Other than the color change most of the design cues come from uniforms in the early '10's. I changed the sleeves stripes to mimic the red bar in the teams logo and played with the combinations of the red with the two shades of blue. The home and away alternates take most of their design cues from their 00's uniforms. The home away comes from the 60's and don't worry the Bills still get their classic colors in their away throwback from the 80's

yERpMki.jpg

That's gonna be a controversial one but it's very well done lol

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers

One thing that's always bothered me about the Panthers is that they have this beautiful color in their blue, but it's always been a secondary color. I get the reasoning is that panthers are black so that's why they wear black mainly, but it's such a great shade of blue that I made it the primary color for the home and away uniforms. There is still a black uniform in the form of the alternate home and we also get a silver uniform in the alternate away. The throwback uniforms are from the 00's; I went with these over their original uniforms as I felt the sleeve striping was more unique. 

CIUpyHi.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (5/32 Panthers Added), NHL, NBA

Chicago Bears

The Bears look is pretty classic and pretty untouchable; so the home and away uniforms stay as is. The home alternate is a navy uniform with orange numbers while the away alternate is an orange jersey with blue numbers. These uniforms are twofold as they have both been used as alternates over the past few years, but  both are also nods to the Bears uniforms of the 40's. The actual designated home and away throwbacks are from the 20's giving the Bears some unique uniforms to pull out from time to time.

kWbLqYu.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (6/32 Bears Added), NHL, NBA

Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals latest redesign is easily their best look so it is the basis for the home, away, and both alternates. The biggest difference is the dropping of the black uniforms. It doesn't make sense to me as it is the stripes on a Bengal tiger that is black and not the rest of it's fur. So the home jersey is orange and the away keeps the orange stroke around the numbers and striping. The home alternate is a all orange uniform while the away alternate drops orange entirely to give the uniform the look of a white tiger. Don't worry fans of the Bengals black jerseys as you still get it in the form of the throwback uniforms from the 60's

mVeJQ36.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (7/32 Bengals Added), NHL, NBA

Cleveland Browns

The Cleveland Browns are another team that for the most part have had the same image since their inception. I've always wished they added a helmet logo, but at this point it's become their look not to have one. So I kept the home and away uniforms as is. The alternates however I did add the bulldog logo to their helmets to give the alternates a more standout look. The home is a brown jersey with orange while the away is the inverse. The home and away throwbacks take us back to the Browns inaugural year.

28f9u05.jpg

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (8/32 Browns Added), NHL, NBA

This might be another one I get some flack for but the Cowboys are getting some changes here. The biggest change I made was matching the home and away uniforms. It always bothers me when teams don't have symmetrical uniforms. So I took the striping with the star logo from the dark jersey and put it on the away jersey as well. I also dropped the light  blue pants. They never made sense to me as the color is nowhere else in their uniforms. The alternates are based of the teams alternate uniforms they've used on and off for decades which are in turn based off of their original uniforms in the 60's. The throwback uniforms are from the 70's

jaom6kp.jpg

ZUH86xc.png