Irish Spring has a fresh and clean new logo

DCarp1231

13 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Looks like an Irish alcoholic beverage logo than an Irish soap logo

That's it! I couldn't put my finger on it. It should be on a beer can, not a soap box. Especially with the metallic gold clover.

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, tigers said:

What's with the arrow in the middle of the clover?

Maybe it's a allusion to the knife in the classic commercial.

"Aye. A mite too strong."

The knife bit is so well-known and is so closely associated with Irish Spring that it was referred to in a hilarious piece in The Onion.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I happened to see the logos side-by-side in the grocery store last weekend.  My son and I both thought the new one looked pretty generic and was a definite downgrade.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I couldn't find any "marketing BS" about the meaning of the triangle but the triangle is a "masculine" symbol and this is for dudes, so....

Or maybe it represents the "flow" of water as the triangle is connected to the negative space of each leaf of the clover, all three formed spaces flowing into the center of the logo?

On 4/26/2022 at 6:47 AM, DDR said:

I couldn't find any "marketing BS" about the meaning of the triangle but the triangle is a "masculine" symbol and this is for dudes, so....

Or maybe it represents the "flow" of water as the triangle is connected to the negative space of each leaf of the clover, all three formed spaces flowing into the center of the logo?

With knowledge like this i believe you sir were on the marketing and design teams.

For me i always thought a triangle to be a trinity item.

On 4/26/2022 at 6:57 AM, CS85 said:

I miss fun.  Fun was fun.

Not in a hurricane though.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

3 hours ago, tigers said:

With knowledge like this i believe you sir were on the marketing and design teams.

Not this team, but as a creative director I’m used to having to layer on some BS rationale to justify creative decisions.

1 hour ago, DDR said:

Not this team, but as a creative director I’m used to having to layer on some BS rationale to justify creative decisions.

That's the Trinity angle.

Irish, Roman Catholic, The name of, etc.

I like to hear all the BS they come out with to explain a single line with a dot at the end of it as it's some kind of Golden Plan since day one.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 1:24 PM, leopard88 said:

I happened to see the logos side-by-side in the grocery store last weekend.  My son and I both thought the new one looked pretty generic and was a definite downgrade.

But I bet they think it looks better as an app icon, and that's really the driving force behind all this minimalism, isn't it?

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

15 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

But I bet they think it looks better as an app icon, and that's really the driving force behind all this minimalism, isn't it?

That's probably true.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 5/11/2022 at 5:02 PM, stumpygremlin said:

Why would a men’s soap company have an app? They sell their products through other stores and apps.