Washington Commanders Concept Uniforms

edjb93

Hi everyone! It's been a while since my last post, and I hope y'all enjoyed 'em.

This time, I'm going to tackle one of the most intriguing rebrands right now: the Washington Commanders. To me, with the exception of the team's secondary logo that's TMI, I thought that the logos are just okay. The team could've picked a better option than the Commanders, but we now have the final product.

As for the uniforms, they add to the intrigue surrounding the team. I see many issues to them: no TV numbers, enlarged wordmark on the front, color imbalance on the white jersey, and no side panels on the pants. This is way I can't blame the fans who are not impressed with the final output.

And so, I wanted to rectify things for a bit by emphasizing the burgundy and gold (regardless of the uniform color), shrinking the front wordmark, and applying a better military font for the numbers (yes, TV numbers are included). The striping on the actual burgundy jersey looks great, why not apply its color balance to the white jersey?

However, there is something that I like about the white jersey: the fading diamond pattern. I thought that sublimating it would not be much of a trouble for traditionalists, especially when these are looked from afar. The same pattern is also applied to the sleeves on the jersey and the side panels on the pants of the all-black uniform.

While I said earlier that one of my issues was the missing TV numbers, only the all-black uniform will not have TV numbers because of the helmet numbers. So you might say that my version is basically a tweak of the actual one.

With all that being said, I present to you...my Washington Commanders concept.

1WZ3Xar.png

FhALDMv.png

nXG4JjY.png

b4U1SVq.png

RweEvcL.png

o6lEwBY.png

T2JOb4x.png

• Like 9

Great job with these, this would've been an acceptable uniform set for this franchise. I like the return of the gold facemask, I can't believe they went away from that on the new set when they've been saying all along that they wanted to honor the traditions and past of the team. Its also great to see the white jersey look like it actually belongs to this team instead of something meant for the Cardinals. My ideal set would've been the Football Team uniforms but with the W and stripes on the helmets, but at least this would've kept us from having the worst looking set in the league.

• Like 1
SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

This would’ve been so goddamn easy for them to do. The template is traditional but the numbers, sublimated pattern and wordmark are just the right amount of Nike razzmatazz to be #fire.  Really well done. 

One request: could you give the burgundy socks the same striping pattern as the burgundy jerseys and pants?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

One request: could you give the burgundy socks the same striping pattern as the burgundy jerseys and pants?

Request granted! I edited my all-white option to include white socks, so that we can have a stormtrooper look.

6dop4za.png

HJ8YB4T.png

MzX8ViE.png

7GBi3pW.png

5BkrnbI.png

• Like 1