The Rite of Spring: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Brass

• Brass changed the title to The Rite of Spring: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread
1 hour ago, IceCap said:

:censored: your seven minute power play, Lightning.

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

I aged five years in one period of hockey.

I get the early feeling that your Maple Leafs are fed up of losing.

• Like 2

I'm hoping someone can remind the Bruins that it is the playoffs. This is the most uninspired hockey I've seen in a long time.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

like I said is the regular season topic, I have weird feeling about Toronto. 

This year more than ever is their best chance to go all the way. Career Year by Auston Matthews, 2nd in the ATL, and if they can get past Tampa, most likely No Bruins to stand in their way. 

59 minutes ago, Brass said:

I'm hoping someone can remind the Bruins that it is the playoffs. This is the most uninspired hockey I've seen in a long time.

That's basically how they've been playing for the last bit of the season. They're lucky because Carolina is probably their most favorable matchup. But I don't see them making it past the 2nd round even if they can beat the Hurricanes.  

Sucks, but 2019 was the last chance to get the big 3 of Marchand, Chara, & Bergeron one last Cup. 

7 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

McDavid has yet to make it past the 1st round...

Not true. In 2017 they beat San Jose in 6 and lost in 7 to the Ducks in the second round. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Brass said:

If Carolina can sustain this, they are going to win the Stanley Cup.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Carolina beating a team that's about to have their Cup window shut on them. 

Yeah, as a Canes fan I have almost zero confidence in this team to win the Cup. If we have to go against Tampa, Toronto, or Florida we cannot beat them in a 7 game series. We have a talented squad, but our offense is prone to going ice-cold for stretches and those other teams just have way more top-end talent in my opinion. 

All that being said I am just happy to watch a competent playoff team. It was a long 9 years during that playoff drought, and I'll take coming up short in the playoffs over not even making them. 

T1oYViW.png

11 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in Carolina beating a team that's about to have their Cup window shut on them. 

The window has been closed for a while. The East rolled out the red carpet for them on the way to the 2019 final. I like Bruce, but his teams have always lacked that sandpaper factor and he is constantly outcoached, constantly.  I'm having a hard time blaming Ullmark for being down 2-0 as the B's aren't clearing the traffic or marking correctly, but woof, he doesn't look like the guy that's going to steal you a playoff game.

Other notes:

Taylor Hall looks like the only Bruin who actually cares, but if I see him rip one more wrister from the point wide I'm going to lose my mind. It's creating more offensive rushes for the Canes than it should be.
Losing Lindholm is a big blow, but he wasn't exactly lighting the ice on fire anyway.
Brind'Amour is one hell of a coach, love that guy.