The Rite of Spring: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Brass

Hoping for Colorado to pull it off this year.

18 minutes ago, tBBP said:

(And yeah, the blue equipment is starting to look much better on ice than the black...)

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement. The blue pants might work better if the jersey striping was more traditional and not using the mountain zigzag pattern. The blue kinda awkwardly comes to a point and it looks like every player is tucking in their jerseys into their shorts. Looks off to me.

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

(And yeah, the blue equipment is starting to look much better on ice than the black...)

I always thought the blue equipment looked fine, it's the burgundy equipment they use on the road that always looked bad to me. (I still don't think either looked better than the black pants & helmets they used to wear, though - for rushed-in placeholders they sure made the whole set click.)

8 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

I always thought the blue equipment looked fine, it's the burgundy equipment they use on the road that always looked bad to me. (I still don't think either looked better than the black pants & helmets they used to wear, though - for rushed-in placeholders they sure made the whole set click.)

Huh?

Are you referring to the burgundy shoulder/hem stripes? The equipment they use on the road is the same blue as at home.

a388ef41ab92458e90cb67997b6516fe

jNTsTyQ.png

1 hour ago, TalktoChuck said:

Huh?

Are you referring to the burgundy shoulder/hem stripes? The equipment they use on the road is the same blue as at home.

a388ef41ab92458e90cb67997b6516fe

Oh, right, my bad, I'm dumb. I meant matching the blue pants with the jersey that has basically no blue in it aside from the numbers. Weird fit, doesn't really work IMO.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

It really drives home the whole top 1% wealth inequality in this country when you see that everyone who owns a sports team is related to each other.

Eh, I personally don't give the idea of wealth inequality much serious thought.  A lot of folks got more than I do, a lot of folks got less.  It is what it is.

Back on topic, the Lightning are collectively having one of those "can't get right" games...barring a miracle, they may as well sit their goalie for the third and lick their wounds as the series moves to Tampa.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

7-0 Avalanche win. 

Most goals allowed in Vasilevskiy's career. 

Honestly they should have just sat him in after the 2nd when it was 5-0. 

As nice as the Avs win was...felt bad for Vasilevskiy though, unless he insisted on staying in, no reason for his coach to leave him out to dry like that.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬