The Rite of Spring: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Brass

8 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

I had a feeling Tampa would steal 1 to force at least game 6. 

But I doubts Avalanche are going to let another opportunity to clinch slip them by. 

Idk. If I was an Avs fan I’d be terrified. All the Lightning need to do is win one home game to force a Game 7 where experience and grit usually win out over inexperienced talent. They’re obviously still in a good position to take the Cup but tonight was a golden opportunity and they didn’t keep the boot on the throat long enough.

• Like 2

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

If it was 2-2 instead of 3-2 I get they should be worried. But they've been the better team for most of the series. 

Dropping 2 or even 3 straight is really just crazy for a team as good as the Avalanche. 

I'm obviously biased but I don't know if I agree they've been better.  Their only scoring in regulation the last two games have been on flukey deflections, or the first goal tonight with Vasy just dropping the puck. Which, sure, those count, but you can't count on those goals.  Outside of game 4 OT, I think the Lightning have been better in the last 3 (very marginally so in the last two).  My money would still be on Colorado if I were a betting man, but I like Tampa's chances at home and then would you bet against Vasy, who has been lights out since game 2, in a game 7?

IUe6Hvh.png