The Rite of Spring: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Brass

Bruins avoid a sweep at least. 

I give them about a 30-40% chance of winning the series, and maybe a 10% chance of making it out of the second round.   

On another note, this Tampa - Toronto series is shaping up to be a classic, hope it goes 7. 

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Toronto series is shaping up to be a classic, hope it goes 7. 

Or we could just have the Lightning win the next three and put the Maple Laffs fans out of their inevitable misery.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's very important that this Leafs core shows they can beat somebody, anybody in a playoff series otherwise they're going to be like the Andy Dalton Bengals who made the playoffs every year, but were never regarded as a threat during the regular season because you knew they were gonna trip over their own butts come the first round. The Leafs even lost the bubble play-in series to the Blue Jackets. It's time for them to man up and make it happen and I think this time they will. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

I bet Calgary is pissed that Nashville gagged that 4 goal lead to Phoenix at the end of the season.

Doesn't matter, Calgary was losing in the 1st round regardless. 

It's what they do. 

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

I've been a Leafs fan all my life but I've never been to a Leafs playoff game live. 

It may not be in Toronto, but I'm gonna be there! 

Go Leafs go! Let's make it 3-1!

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Ugh. Sorry for the result you are seeing.

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, IceCap said:

I've been a Leafs fan all my life but I've never been to a Leafs playoff game live. 

It may not be in Toronto, but I'm gonna be there! 

Go Leafs go! Let's make it 3-1!

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Fans in attendance won't recognize the difference between Leafs & Bolts jerseys from their seats.

You can't tell who's cheering for who. 😅

• LOL 1

Guess Islanders decided they were done being competitive. 

Seriously, guy completely turns the team around and gets them within a few game of the Cup Final and they dump his ass the second they don't make the playoffs?  

Their loss and some other teams gain. 

Lamoriello firing Trotz belongs in the bad business thread.  Trotz took a roster of crap and made it to the ECF twice.  Lou needs his head examined the move makes no sense.  I'm scared to see who he brings in next.  I hate this move.  I really hate this move.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, charger77 said:

Must be good to be Barry Trotz...

Got fired with a lot of desirable open jobs or potentially open jobs...

Detroit

Philadelphia

Winnipeg

Nashville (Potentially)

Vegas (Potentially)

San Jose (Potentially)

You use the word "desirable" a little too loosely with the bolded.

20 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Pierre McGuire out in Ottawa

LOL what did they think he was gonna do? His lone skill - having an encyclopedic memory of where guys played in college - can be done by Hockeydb.com. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

PvO6ZWJ.png