The Rite of Spring: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Brass

Similarly, the Caps bow out to the Panthers as well, though that result was a lot more expected. Florida moves on for the first time since '96 with this series victory.

Now do we get a repeat of 2021 tomorrow, or do we get the first-ever playoff meeting between the Leafs and Panthers? Personally, I want the latter because it'd be much more interesting.

1 hour ago, Brass said:

If the Bruins lose this game, dare I say it, Bruce Cassidy might be on the chopping block.

Looks like there might be a changing of the guard in Beantown... get the guillotine ready!

I don't understand why Cassidy needs to be fired. The team has made the playoffs every year with him. 

He's not the problem. The problem is the Bruins had no depth. Can't really on Pasta, Marchand & Bergeron to bail them out every game. 

It was a tough series, and home ice ended u being the deciding factor. Not like either team has a great chance of making it past the 2nd round anyway.  

32 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

I don't understand why Cassidy needs to be fired. The team has made the playoffs every year with him. 

He's not the problem. The problem is the Bruins had no depth. Can't really on Pasta, Marchand & Bergeron to bail them out every game. 

It was a tough series, and home ice ended u being the deciding factor. Not like either team has a great chance of making it past the 2nd round anyway.  

No, you can’t rely on them every game and expect to win.  Which is why Sweeney needs to go, the entire front office should be gutted and rebuilt. Cassidy should be a casualty as well - I haven’t seen anything that really wows me about anything he does. There’s absolutely no fire, his only go to move is a clueless look into the abyss.

Also, Taylor Hall… woof. Lights looked a little to bright for that guy today.

This team... they don't have it in them. If their star players aren't trying to get cute with the puck they're vanishing.

The Leafs have gotten hosed by officiating but you know what? They still had chances to win this series and they get so far up their own asses. 

lol 1967, :censored: you 

This core though, they're not breaking any droughts. Marner, Matthews, the whole lot of them outside of Jack Campbell. He deserves better. 

Oh, and Lightning? :censored: you too, you unlikeable schmucks. 

• LOL 1

Leafs did exactly what was expected of them.

They probably blew not only their best chance of getting out of the first round, but maybe even winning the Cup. 

Also, anyone else getting sick of Tampa now? They're dangerously close to becoming the NHL's Warriors. 

53 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Leafs did exactly what was expected of them.

They probably blew not only their best chance of getting out of the first round, but maybe even winning the Cup. 

Also, anyone else getting sick of Tampa now? They're dangerously close to becoming the NHL's Warriors. 

You are not. Go to r/hockey... they're all sick of Tampa. They were over Tampa last year with the whole Kucherov LTIR thing, which is just sour grapes. 

IUe6Hvh.png