The Rite of Spring: 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Brass

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

Also, anyone else getting sick of Tampa now? They're dangerously close to becoming the NHL's Warriors. 

well, yeah, the Lightning are everything wrong with hockey.

>Florida (not only a sun belt team, but a tax haven team)

>horrifically boring O6 dress-up uniforms

>constant refpuck on their behalf

>seemingly just get to ignore salary caps when they want to

>insanely arrogant frontrunner fans

>Florida

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 5

53Ocz8U.png

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

You could also be a Coyotes fan. 

They're an endangered species. 

If the Coyotes fanbase are endangered, could we call Chargers fans in LA a species that's extinct in the wild after the Rams won a Super Bowl? 😛

On 5/13/2022 at 10:50 PM, Ridleylash said:

Similarly, the Caps bow out to the Panthers as well, though that result was a lot more expected. Florida moves on for the first time since '96 with this series victory.

The Caps are ruing their missed chances to be up 3-1 in the series let alone winning it. There were too many blown leads and too little accountability. I'm happy that they managed to win 2 games in the series, but man would have been awesome if they finally made it past the first round. Just like the Kings, we haven't won a round since winning the Stanley Cup.

I expect there to be significant roster changes in the offseason, preferably jettisoning older vets in any way possible. The team needs to get younger to compete in today's NHL. I also believe that this is the start of many lean years for the Caps as Ovechkin pursues Gretzky's regular season goal record. If the Caps make it  back to the playoffs again, it might be another one-and-done series.

I would normally find stuff like this insufferable, especially considering the franchise it’s coming from, but if I’m being honest I kind of like seeing some of the keyboard warriors with empty space between their ears getting called out for this kind of uninspired and creatively deficient “trash talk” that makes 95% of sports fan Twitter absolutely unbearable. Especially when said keyboard warriors are fans of a Boston franchise. 

• Like 4

spacer.png

Flames are actually playing exactly as I thought they would. 

Which is a shame because I wanted Battle of Alberta. 

This would be the 2nd time the go 1 & done as the #1 seed. 

You can ALWAYS count on Calgary to underachieve. 

I don't know which Alberta team is more hopeless, them or the Oilers. 

At least Edmonton made the 2nd round. 

Jake Oettinger reminds me of watching Hasek stand on his head game after game with the Sabres in the late 90s.

Go Flames!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Thank god we get the Battle of Alberta and not say Oilers/Stars or Flames/Kings if it came to that. Kings/Stars would've been kinda fun to see Pavelski get another crack at LA.  Can't wait for Round 2!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Flames are actually playing exactly as I thought they would. 

Which is a shame because I wanted Battle of Alberta. 

This would be the 2nd time the go 1 & done as the #1 seed. 

You can ALWAYS count on Calgary to underachieve. 

I don't know which Alberta team is more hopeless, them or the Oilers. 

At least Edmonton made the 2nd round. 

#ThatsWhyTheyPlayTheGames

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, infrared41 said:

#ThatsWhyTheyPlayTheGames

Yeah, I'll fully admit the Flames made me eat crow. Given their history I really didn't expect them to win this game.

At least now we get Edmonton vs their little red headed step brother.  

On 5/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, habsfan1 said:

It's unfortunate that a big game outcome is questionable because of that disallowed goal that should have counted.

You must have the NHL confused with the NBA because setting a pick is against the rules in hockey.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

You must have the NHL confused with the NBA because setting a pick is against the rules in hockey.

I know it's very rarely called but its also rarely that blatant on top of leading directly to a prime scoring chance.  He stares Cirelli down, makes a late swerve to get directly in his way, and initiates contact. I don't understand why anyone would think that shouldn't have been called.  Also, contrary to what people think, the whistle was blown before the shot. 

IUe6Hvh.png