VyCade's NFL Team Uniform Rework Project (Complete)

VyCade

(29/32) Pittsburgh Steelers

For a team from the steel city that has "steel" in their team name, I'm surprised the Steelers never utilized any silver.  I took a crack at this, keeping black as the main color and changing yellow to an accent color and simplifying the logo, keeping it on the right side of the helmet for the sake of tradition.

spacer.png

• Like 1

• VyCade changed the title to VyCade's NFL Team Uniform Rework Project (29/32) (Steelers)

(30/32) Houston Texans

Somehow, 20 years in, the Texans have never changed kits.  I tried going with something that really leans into the Texan namesake, incorporating the flag into the helmet and extrapolating it into a striping pattern on the jersey.  I also utilized an oft-unseen alt logo and relocated the usual logo to the hip.

spacer.png

• Like 1

• VyCade changed the title to VyCade's NFL Team Uniform Rework Project (30/32) (Texans)

These concepts are wild. While not my taste, I do think there are a lot of interesting ideas here. And I appreciate contrasting pants and jerseys. From a general standpoint, I can get behind more aggressive or modern looks so long as the pants contrast with the jerseys. In particular, here: I like the black-over-white Panthers, the Browns, and the black alt for Washington is great. If they have their hearts set on a black alt, it should look like that. Also, I think the Cowboys look kind of like the LA Express of the USFL; that's fun.

• Like 1

I really like the Texans jersey with the double stripe and the contrasting number in between. It works much better than I would have guessed. The helmet is a bold choice, I will give you that. I would worry that a half-and-half helmet is distracting for identification purposes. On television or in person, if two players are facing opposite directions they will almost appear to be on different teams because the helmet switches colors. I wonder if there isn't a way around that where you wrap the flag design around just the bottom of the helmet? Something to consider.

For the Steelers, I don't like the silver as much as I thought I would. If you wanted to bring silver in the Steelers, I think it would need to be quite dark. Otherwise, there's too much of a Raiders vibe.

18 minutes ago, Hawkeye15 said:

I really like the Texans jersey with the double stripe and the contrasting number in between. It works much better than I would have guessed. The helmet is a bold choice, I will give you that. I would worry that a half-and-half helmet is distracting for identification purposes. On television or in person, if two players are facing opposite directions they will almost appear to be on different teams because the helmet switches colors. I wonder if there isn't a way around that where you wrap the flag design around just the bottom of the helmet? Something to consider.

For the Steelers, I don't like the silver as much as I thought I would. If you wanted to bring silver in the Steelers, I think it would need to be quite dark. Otherwise, there's too much of a Raiders vibe.

Texas Tech Red Raiders Authentic College XP Football Helmet Schutt Star and  State | Gameday Connexion - Sports Memorabilia & Collectibles

Yeah, that split helmet for the Texans would get annoying real quick. 

Swag Watch: Top 10 uniforms from last season | theScore.com

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

50 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Texas Tech Red Raiders Authentic College XP Football Helmet Schutt Star and  State | Gameday Connexion - Sports Memorabilia & Collectibles

Yeah, that split helmet for the Texans would get annoying real quick. 

Swag Watch: Top 10 uniforms from last season | theScore.com

Huh...  Never knew that was a thing.  I, personally, don't mind it, but I didn't exactly think it would be the most well received, either.

(31/32) Tennessee Titans

I have a cardinal rule that I follow when I make these uniforms: If a set's jersey isn't white, I never make it a lighter color than the pants.  It ALWAYS looks bad.  That's why--for years and years now--the Titans' kit has annoyed me greatly.  Their light blue over dark blue set continues to be in the rotation year after year and it always looks awful.  This has nothing to do with the philosophy behind the design I made, mind you.  I'm just taking the chance to get on this soap box while I can.  As for the kit I made, I switched the logo to their dagger alt.  It's mostly a preference thing, but I also don't see the point of the fire on their primary.  As for the rest of the uniform, it's largely a combination of old and new elements, but with red added as a minor accent, since it already features in their logos.

spacer.png

• VyCade changed the title to VyCade's NFL Team Uniform Rework Project (31/32) (Titans)

(32/32) Minnesota Vikings

One thing I've always thought about the Vikings' kit is that it could use a little more Viking iconography.  With that in mind, I opted for a braid pattern.  I also used a font similar to the current one and removed the black outline from the helmet logo.

spacer.png

And with that, this thread is complete!  This was a lot of fun.  Before properly wrapping this up, I'd like to thank Bill Schaefer for allowing me the use of his template from Gridiron-Uniforms.com, as well as SportsLogos.net and its staff for allowing us readers to share our work.  Thank you all for viewing!

• Like 2

• VyCade changed the title to VyCade's NFL Team Uniform Rework Project (Complete)