2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

On 7/17/2022 at 7:32 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Wait, I’m completely confused by what this continued discussion is about.  So we’re arguing about the year that Cazman should be putting on the jerseys of his mock ups?  

Putting aside the obvious fact that no one should be giving this so much thought energy,  this still seems all over the place.  You want to start counting some teams from their initial start, but others from when they last moved?  Some teams you want to start over from when they changed the name of their location (New England) but not from when they changed their team name (Commanders)? 

Okay, be honest.  This is really just more whining about the NFL’s decision to suspend the Browns’ franchise for a few years and start the Ravens as “new”, isn’t it?  

I wasn't even alive to see the Browns disappearance lol

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Other new matchups:

2022_CAR_F7.png2021_ATL_E.png

Really wish the Panthers had any other opponent for this

2022_ATL_H.PNG2022_SF_A.png

Another great throwback game

Should Texans consider merging Color Rush, Battle Red jerseys?Predicting Eagles "Uni-Swag" in 2020 Games - Philadelphia Sports Nation

The color mashup will be nice, but I really hope the Eagles wear green pants

2022_WSH_G.png2022_MIN_A.png

There's no saving any matchup against Washington anymore

• Like 2

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

9 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

There's no saving any matchup against Washington anymore

Gold pants would instantly improve any matchup they wear burgundy jerseys

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 7/20/2022 at 12:33 AM, Cujo said:

Did the NBA eventually do this? Fxcking joke. At least Cleveland cared/needed a diaper change when their team left. Noboby in Charlotte protested or even batted an eye when the original Hornets moved -- or even when the Bobcats arrived

That's just not true. The original Hornets  were a huge deal, routinely leading the league in attendance and selling tons of merchandise, despite being a treadmill team in a mid-tier market... until word got out on what the owner was doing.  George Shinn permanently damaged the NBA in Charlotte by being such a slimeball.

The league also gave Charlotte the Cleveland deal upfront specifically to avoid the PR fiasco that the NFL had with the Browns' relocation, so it's a bit unfair to blame the city for not reacting so strongly when the NBA made sure they didn't have to.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Cowboys are wearing navy throwback vs. the Giants on Thanksgiving. INCREDIBLE. Finally, that matchup will feel a bit different. What a breath of fresh air after years of early-season meetings in Dallas with same uniform pairing every time.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I hope we get the Giants in their Color Rush throwbacks as well. That would be a fantastic looking game. 

I think I'd prefer them in their regular red-heavy road set, since this probably won't happen often.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I hope we get the Giants in their Color Rush throwbacks as well. That would be a fantastic looking game. 

How many different shades of blue are we talking if it's Dallas in standard whites vs NY Giants in their new throwbacks?

zach galifianakis algorithm GIF by Product Hunt

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • WOAH 1

6uXNWAo.png

18 minutes ago, Cujo said:

How many different shades of blue are we talking if it's Dallas in standard whites vs NY Giants in their new throwbacks?

zach galifianakis algorithm GIF by Product Hunt

Pretty subpar TV show. J-Lo isn’t really the greatest actress in the world, but gotta respect the late great Ray Liotta. Suffered from crime show fatigue. Too many cop shows around this time. Lasted 3 seasons though.

spacer.png

Oh uh, I think probably 4 shades?

• Like 1

Just speculation here that Cincy *may* add orange pants for an all-orange look. See the Twitter thread below on alternates and read the replies.

Interesting. I didn’t think Cincy would ever go for orange pants? I want to see what it’d look like!

• Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, sudden said:

Just speculation here that Cincy *may* add orange pants for an all-orange look. See the Twitter thread below on alternates and read the replies.

Interesting. I didn’t think Cincy would ever go for orange pants? I want to see what it’d look like!

Don't assume that this guy knows what he's talking about.  He may be saying "all orange" meaning "orange helmet, orange jersey" and not even considering pants.

I really hope teams don't mix and match, but I'm sure they will, because of course they will.  The alt helmets should be married to a full uniform, and there shouldn't be any mixing and matching outside of that.  Just my preference.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know I'm going to get some eye rolls for continuing on with my grumpy old man routine, however...

Those Cowboy throwbacks are ridiculously inaccurate in one very important way.  They were absolutely not navy blue;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Navy blue was invented by them as an official color in the 80's because the superstitious crybabies kept getting their butts kicked in royal blue.

That 60's uniform was never navy.

And, navy sucks for the Cowboys, anyway.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know I'm going to get some eye rolls for continuing on with my grumpy old man routine, however...

Those Cowboy throwbacks are ridiculously inaccurate in one very important way.  They were absolutely not navy blue;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Navy blue was invented by them as an official color in the 80's because the superstitious crybabies kept getting their butts kicked in royal blue.

That 60's uniform was never navy.

And, navy sucks for the Cowboys, anyway.

Time out...time all the way out.

What's up with the Star Trek dress uniform collar wrap thing going on there???

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

53 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Forget the collar, but does it button up under the crotch like a baby onesie or a body suit?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

49 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Forget the collar, but does it button up under the crotch like a baby onesie or a body suit?

Oh, yeah, it does. That was standard on football jerseys in the 50’s thru early 60’s. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They should totally bring this back, just to eliminate that stupid t-shirt hanging out look.  I'm sure @BBTV would get on board for that. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

8 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Sausage stirrup

• LOL 1

6uXNWAo.png