2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

From https://www.azcardinals.com/news/arizona-cardinals-reveal-alternate-black-helmets-for-2022

The helmet will be worn three times this season:

• Aug. 21 in a preseason home game against the Ravens with the alternate black jerseys (with white numbers);
  • Oct. 9 at home against the Eagles with the alternate black jerseys;
  • Oct. 20 on "Thursday Night Football" at home against the Saints with the Color Rush jerseys (black with red numbers).

Looks like the Cardinals will wear it for both black jerseys, but that isn't what intrigues me. They are wearing them for a preseason game? That brings an interesting new factor in this equation. Does this count as one of their 3 designated alt games? 

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

7 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

From https://www.azcardinals.com/news/arizona-cardinals-reveal-alternate-black-helmets-for-2022

The helmet will be worn three times this season:

• Aug. 21 in a preseason home game against the Ravens with the alternate black jerseys (with white numbers);
  • Oct. 9 at home against the Eagles with the alternate black jerseys;
  • Oct. 20 on "Thursday Night Football" at home against the Saints with the Color Rush jerseys (black with red numbers).

Looks like the Cardinals will wear it for both black jerseys, but that isn't what intrigues me. They are wearing them for a preseason game? That brings an interesting new factor in this equation. Does this count as one of their 3 designated alt games? 

I believe it does count. Panthers wore their blue jerseys twice in the 2018 preseason and then once in the regular season.

bSLCtu2.png

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I believe it does count. Panthers wore their blue jerseys twice in the 2018 preseason and then once in the regular season.

The Panthers had to have deluded themselves into thinking it counts. In the 2018 and ‘19 preseasons, the Jaguars wore the teal alt jerseys for both of their home games and still managed to wear them three times in the regular season.

• Like 3

Those Week 2 and 3 matchups for the Rams are gonna be rough, but we'll pull through.

That zigzag stitching on the Rams' nametag is still stupid, stupid, stupid. What's its purpose?!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Those Week 2 and 3 matchups for the Rams are gonna be rough, but we'll pull through.

I always prefer when teams who have bad uniforms in their arsenal wear them against other bad looking teams, in like an ugliness quarantine game. Increases the chances they wear their good uniforms against other good looking teams so we actually get to see good matchups that weren’t attainable against the ugly teams anyways.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 7/30/2022 at 1:47 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Bone has been demoted to alternate. Will be worn only twice in back-to-back weeks

FY7k117UYAAF0OY?format=jpg&name=large

If you win the Super Bowl wearing your alternate, you might as well make it your full-time uniform. (1994 49ers didn't get the memo obviously)

Saints Prediction

Week 1: BGB @Falcolns WWW

Week 2: WWW vs Bucs RPP

Week 3: BGB @Panthers WWW

Week 4: CR vs Vikings PWP (London)

Week 5: BBB vs Seahawks WGB

Week 6: BBB vs Bengals WWB

Week 7: WGB @Cardinals BWB

Week 8: BBB vs Raiders WSB

Week 9: CR vs Ravens PWB

Week 10: CR @Steelers CR

Week 11: BBB vs Rams WYB

Week 12: WWW @49ers RGR

Week 13: WGB & Bucs RWR

Week 15: BBB vs Falcons WBB

Week 16: WBB @Browns BOB

Week 17: WGW @Eagles GWB

Week 18: BGB vs Panthers WBW

8 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

If you win the Super Bowl wearing your alternate, you might as well make it your full-time uniform. (1994 49ers didn't get the memo obviously)

The 49ers uniforms from 96 to 98 were definitely based on the throwback look.

0ap2000000129460_gallery_600.jpg

GettyImages-1009396596.jpg

• Like 5

bSLCtu2.png

On 7/30/2022 at 12:33 PM, Dynasty said:

That zigzag stitching on the Rams' nametag is still stupid, stupid, stupid. What's its purpose?!

I believe the nametag, stitching and bone uniform were all inspired by fashion trends. The ideas work (or don't work) for normal clothing but don't work for sports uniforms and they found out the hard way. In a couple years I expect the nametag and gradient to be gone and the bone uniform retired and replaced by something else.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I believe the nametag, stitching and bone uniform were all inspired by fashion trends. The ideas work (or don't work) for normal clothing but don't work for sports uniforms and they found out the hard way. In a couple years I expect the nametag and gradient to be gone and the bone uniform retired and replaced by something else.

I could see them simplifying things by dumping the nametag and the gradients (both would be good moves IMO) but I think that divided horn is here to stay.

• Like 1