Jump to content

2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII


Recommended Posts

On 8/3/2022 at 2:53 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Boy does this team need yet another rebrand after this season. As if the HOF game wasn't already unwatchable, viewers now have to look at this:

ghows-LK-5f7eaee0-f9f3-470d-bd7e-4a51dde

 

Nah. This brand is just fine. Only change could be to maybe make the away numbers outlined in teal and have the NOB be just teal. 

  • Dislike 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wanna know who within the Jaguars organization thought it was a good idea for the team to wear black pants, socks, and a jersey that lacks any vibrancy against a black centric team.

 

There is absolutely no reason they couldn’t have worn teal pants.

 

This game is aesthetically boring and dreary to watch.

  • Like 7
  • Yawn 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

 

Nah. This brand is just fine. Only change could be to maybe make the away numbers outlined in teal and have the NOB be just teal. 

Putting the logo on the sleeves would improve the uniform. Also adding stripes to the pants would help too. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I just wanna know who within the Jaguars organization thought it was a good idea for the team to wear black pants, socks, and a jersey that lacks any vibrancy against a black centric team.

 

There is absolutely no reason they couldn’t have worn teal pants.

 

This game is aesthetically boring and dreary to watch.

Unfortunately, that has been the team’s go-to look on the road, with the teal pants typically only being worn once per season on the road with the white jersey. The all-white has usually appeared once or twice, but that looks is just incredibly plain and boring. They need a more interesting rebrand after this season.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I know the Jaguars are as forgettable a franchise as they come but it’s baffling to me that those uniforms are five years old already. I have no memories of them besides Minshew Mania and that one Cowboys game they wore black over teal and it looked gorgeous. 

That's a good point. They were pretty bad the whole time they had these current unis. At least the 2013-2017 set gave us the memory of them going to the AFC championship. If it weren't for some highly controversial Tom-Brady's team-is-playing calls in that game, they very well could've won the Super Bowl in that set. Who knows if they would've stuck to that look or at least kept some elements rather than completely oversimplifying things in 2018.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

That's a good point. They were pretty bad the whole time they had these current unis. At least the 2013-2017 set gave us the memory of them going to the AFC championship. If it weren't for some highly controversial Tom-Brady's team-is-playing calls in that game, they very well could've won the Super Bowl in that set. Who knows if they would've stuck to that look or at least kept some elements rather than completely oversimplifying things in 2018.


They had already announced the upcoming uniform change before the end of the regular regular season. Those wheels were a-turning and they were not stopping.

 

21 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Nah. This brand is just fine. Only change could be to maybe make the away numbers outlined in teal and have the NOB be just teal. 

 

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Putting the logo on the sleeves would improve the uniform. 


0997757-A-8-F5-E-432-E-B15-F-108-A278-C5

  • Like 1
  • Yawn 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2022 at 10:21 AM, smarisca03 said:

https://www.giants.com/news/giants-2022-uniform-schedule-classic-color-rush-legacy-throwback-helmet 

 

Giants release their uniform schedule and it leaves a little confusion 

 

Are the Giants waring blue on thanksgiving or are the cowboys wearing blue?

Are they not going to wear the classic helmet with the white color rush? Why not?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2022 at 9:14 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I just wanna know who within the Jaguars organization thought it was a good idea for the team to wear black pants, socks, and a jersey that lacks any vibrancy against a black centric team.

 

There is absolutely no reason they couldn’t have worn teal pants.

 

This game is aesthetically boring and dreary to watch.

I found out rumors judging by his son's company, AEW, that Khan wanted to ditch teal and go with black, gold, and white and apparently, someone told him they would look too much like the Saints, so he just went with Black and White as the main default for awhile until.the fans demand and he brought back the teal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

I found out rumors judging by his son's company, AEW, that Khan wanted to ditch teal and go with black, gold, and white and apparently, someone told him they would look too much like the Saints, so he just went with Black and White as the main default for awhile until.the fans demand and he brought back the teal.

 

Wouldn't be the first time an owner/someone in organizational leadership attempted to bury the main color Jacksonville is known for. Recall the switch that occurred around the '03 timeframe when the base color of the white jersey's numbers changed from teal to black. I think either that season or the one following--at any rate, by '05--they then adopted the solid black pants with the jaguar head hip logo in place of the striped black pants, at which point they became full-on Blaguars. Now my memory is a bit wonky, but I believe Wayne Weaver was the main one trying to deemphasize the teal then. Whatever the case, they've been skimping on the teal with their away looks ever since then.

 

I don't want to post the '09-'13 uniforms because quite frankly they never should've existed and I don't wanna be reminded of that look, but the primary away look was virtually what it is now: pretty much straight up black and white.

 

I don't know what that franchise braintrust's issue is with the signature teal, but it's beyond annoying that they keep doing all they can do to deemphasize it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

 

Wouldn't be the first time an owner/someone in organizational leadership attempted to bury the main color Jacksonville is known for. Recall the switch that occurred around the '03 timeframe when the base color of the white jersey's numbers changed from teal to black. I think either that season or the one following--at any rate, by '05--they then adopted the solid black pants with the jaguar head hip logo in place of the striped black pants, at which point they became full-on Blaguars. Now my memory is a bit wonky, but I believe Wayne Weaver was the main one trying to deemphasize the teal then. Whatever the case, they've been skimping on the teal with their away looks ever since then.

 

I don't want to post the '09-'13 uniforms because quite frankly they never should've existed and I don't wanna be reminded of that look, but the primary away look was virtually what it is now: pretty much straight up black and white.

 

I don't know what that franchise braintrust's issue is with the signature teal, but it's beyond annoying that they keep doing all they can do to deemphasize it.

Word on the street is Shad’s wife hates teal. Shad bought the team late in the 2011 season. He switched the main jersey color to black the following 2012 season. That uniform design was only worn for 4 seasons (09-12). They redesigned the uniforms for the 2013 season. From 2012-2020 the home uniform jersey color was black. From Shad’s first full season (2012) until the redesign in 2018 they wore teal 4 out of 96 games. From 2012-2020 they only wore teal jerseys for 13 out of 144 regular season games. This past season they brought back teal as the primary color.
I loved the original uniforms. Hated the 09-12 uniforms. Liked everything about the 13-17 set besides the helmets that ruined everything. Like the current teal and black sets, hate the white because there is no teal. I think they should keep the current design but add the same number outline color scheme they used in the original uniforms and add some gold stripes next to the black stripes and call it a day. They also need to figure out some type of stripes for the pants. The fans really want them to just go back to one of the original uniforms during the custom font years of the late 90s and and updated crawling jaguar sleeve logo, but I don’t think the crawling jaguar would look great on the modern jersey cuts. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.houstontexans.com/game-day/gameday-themes

 

Not sure this has been discussed yet. We knew they'd be in red for the Eagles game, but they are also wearing Color Rush vs. the Browns again, as they did in 2018. White-out game in Week 1 as always, vs. Indy.

 

This team can't ever seem to pick good opponents for its alternate jersey games. It would be nice to see Color Rush or Battle Red against the Titans or Jaguars for a change, or at least some fresh teams.

 

1067725590.jpg.1543816323.jpg

 

g6wqr1aqujja9pacc2n7.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.