2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

My Ravens predictions:

Week 1 at NYJ: Purple/white vs White/green

Week 2 vs MIA: Aqua/white vs White/purple

Week 3 at NE: White/black vs Navy/navy

Week 4 vs BUF: White/blue vs Purple/white

Week 5 vs CIN: White/orange White/white vs Black/purple Black/black

Week 6 at NYG: White/black vs Blue/white

Week 7 vs CLE: White/orange vs Purple/purple

Week 8 at TB: White/purple vs Red/pewter

Week 9 at NO: White/white vs Black/black

Week 11 vs CAR: White/white vs Purple/black

Week 12 at JAX: White/purple vs Teal/black

Week 13 vs DEN: White/navy White/white vs CR purple/purple

Week 14 at PIT: White/black vs Black/yellow

Week 15 at CLE: White/purple vs Brown/white

Week 16 vs ATL: White/red White/black vs Black/white

Week 17 vs PIT: White/yellow vs Black/black Black/purple

Week 18 at CIN: White/white vs Black/orange

A few remarks on my decisions:

• Ravens/Jets in Week 1 of 2009 heavily influenced my thought of how Week 1 will look in MetLife this year. Granted, the Jets have revamped since that Monday Night when Dustin Keller got walloped, but since it is an early season game and a good handful of non-home-dome teams north of Florida like wearing WAH before October, I think this is exactly what happens.
  • One thing about the Ravens since 2018-19 is that they will make use of all, if not 95% of their uniform combos. In 2020-21, they kept the CR in the shelf and last year's MNF game vs Indy was the first use of black/purple since in 3 years. I have no doubt that will continue this year.
  • Some of these matchups aren't going to look the best, so I predicted some of the botched matchups to come...I went with the Week 3 matchup at the Pats (It's better the Ravens wear all-white in Foxboro, but they did that in 2020), Week 11 vs CAR (Not a fan of the purple/black, so just have it on against a potentially forgettable team), and Week 13 vs DEN(?) (Would prefer purple/white against any Broncos road set).
  • Week 9 at New Orleans is so hard to predict. Black/gold is ideal, but if I recall, the Saints love going all-black or all-white in primetime. But my money is on all-black for them.
  • I'd much rather the Ravens choose one of their purple combos against the Steelers in Week 17. I think they have a losing record vs PIT when wearing black because I've only seen them win such a game ONCE on Thanksgiving night in 2013.
  • I honestly think Bills/Ravens will be a one of the best looking game for both teams, if not the best for both all season. Off of superstar QBs alone, you'd want this to be a night game, but a daytime matchup won't be too bad. I can see it looking as good as Chargers/Ravens last year if the skies are clear on that day.
  • I settled on Color Rush vs DEN because I thought it's a good opportunity to wear it. Also, it may just be me, but does the team have a unwritten rule that they refuse to wear CR purple vs Pittsburgh?
  • EDIT: Forgot that the Bengals don't have orange pants in their fairly-new uniform batch, so I shuffled up that SNF matchup as the white-out Bengals (except the helmet, of coarse) vs the blackout Ravens. Same thing with the prototyped Falcons red pants, but I'll go out on a limb and say Atlanta makes use of it this year. If not, oh well. Either way, I'll keep the Ravens uniform I have for that game. They've opened up to wearing black/white at home for day games in recent memory. And lastly, I put/off black/purple to Week 17 to keep the variety in tact. I think this game will become a late afternoon game, which can make it look better IMO. If it turns out to be a 1pm game though, I wouldn't be surprised if they choose NOT to wear it.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Some of these combos don’t even exist. Bengals white/orange, Broncos white/navy, Falcons white/red hasn’t been confirmed to be real yet. 

The rest of the predictions are fairly reasonable, although I don’t think they’ve ever worn black in back-to-back weeks, as Weeks 16 and 17 has.

I think the Bills game will most likely be all-white vs. purple/white. The blue pants do not seem to be the preference at the moment for Buffalo. 2016 gave us that matchup with the blue pants at least.

• Like 3

First official announcement: Falcons are wearing throwbacks with red helmets Week 6 against San Francisco.

Glad it is officially back, but does this mean they will also wear throwback once with the black helmet? Or will they wear the gradient twice or maybe only use two of the three throwback opportunities?

11 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

First official announcement: Falcons are wearing throwbacks with red helmets Week 6 against San Francisco.

Glad it is officially back, but does this mean they will also wear throwback once with the black helmet? Or will they wear the gradient twice or maybe only use two of the three throwback opportunities?

I would be shocked if that is the case, i think they just posted the date for the return of the helmet b/c it was some major marketing spin up sponsored by Coca Cola, but I am sure they will wear them twice. Though idk, the last two seasons they only wore gradient jerseys once. They could be planning on doing gradient twice and the throwback once, who knows

On 5/29/2022 at 7:18 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Some of these combos don’t even exist. Bengals white/orange, Broncos white/navy, Falcons white/red hasn’t been confirmed to be real yet. 

The rest of the predictions are fairly reasonable, although I don’t think they’ve ever worn black in back-to-back weeks, as Weeks 16 and 17 has.

I think the Bills game will most likely be all-white vs. purple/white. The blue pants do not seem to be the preference at the moment for Buffalo. 2016 gave us that matchup with the blue pants at least.

The Broncos don't wear navy pants or they just don't wear them on the road?

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 6/2/2022 at 12:28 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I would be shocked if that is the case, i think they just posted the date for the return of the helmet b/c it was some major marketing spin up sponsored by Coca Cola, but I am sure they will wear them twice. Though idk, the last two seasons they only wore gradient jerseys once. They could be planning on doing gradient twice and the throwback once, who knows

Plus, they always release a full uniform schedule and probably wanted to save the other date for that. The fact that they only wore the gradient once last season and for a London game tells me they don't think too highly of it. I don't seem them wearing it twice, whereas, with how much they're hyping up this red helmet, I don't see why they would only wear it one time.

27 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not sure if this is official confirmation, but Washington posted this on their social media pages regarding Week 1-

FUVPoFCXoAM87-d?format=jpg&name=medium

I would say this is quite convincing, considering they took the time to edit four players into this specific uniform combination. Still can't believe they omitted stripes on the pants just so that they could rock the all-white pajama look that looks awful on every team.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 1:42 PM, NFLfan10 said:

I would say this is quite convincing, considering they took the time to edit four players into this specific uniform combination. Still can't believe they omitted stripes on the pants just so that they could rock the all-white pajama look that looks awful on every team.

Quite convincing, and quite awful

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 2:51 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:
  • EDIT: Forgot that the Bengals don't have orange pants in their fairly-new uniform batch,

You still list the non-existent orange pants for the Bengals in week 18.

4 hours ago, Moseph said:

Per twitter, Washington will be in all black week 9 vs the Vikings and all white week 18 vs Dallas

Why all white? I wanted them to wear the burgundy pants. Is Washington going to wear all burgundy for the game at Dallas like they did last year?

Has the throwback they were using been done away with?

7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Has the throwback they were using been done away with?

Yes. The organization is distancing themselves visually from any tie back to the previous name now that they have officially adopted a new one.  Aside from the standard dark and light they only have the black alts now.

• Like 1

Has it been 100% confirmed that Washington will be allowed to wear the black helmet with the white uniform?

I remember reading somewhere (on here or an article) that the team was going to do that at least once this season.

36 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Has it been 100% confirmed that Washington will be allowed to wear the black helmet with the white uniform?

I remember reading somewhere (on here or an article) that the team was going to do that at least once this season.

I remember seeing something about that, too, and I’m interested. If allowed, that would run contrary to the idea alternate helmets aren’t permitted with primary home or road sets.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I remember seeing something about that, too, and I’m interested. If allowed, that would run contrary to the idea alternate helmets aren’t permitted with primary home or road sets.

I’m also curious to see if they’ll allow the remaining elements of their black alternate to trickle into their normal home and away.

Will there be times of using the black facemask with the normal burgundy helmet to justify black pants being worn with the burgundy jersey (worst case scenario)

Will we get a burgundy helmet/white jersey/black pants/burgundy socks combination as some point?

What about black helmet/white jersey/white pants/black socks?

Will we see burgundy helmet/black jersey/burgundy pants/black socks?

So many excruciating combinations to be weary of.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 1:12 AM, NFLfan10 said:

Are the throwbacks they introduced in 2016 and the one from 2009 any different? They don't look that much different.

Like the Falcons situation, it's unclear if this means Washington will wear black more than once or if Week 9 will be the lone time. It is right in the middle of the season, so I guess it's possible, but I wouldn't be shocked to see it again in December.