2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

13 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

I was really hoping this would be a navy game for Denver when the sched came out. I feel like we got this uni matchup a lot during the Luck-Manning era and it would be nice to see something different.

The first game that these oranges of the currently long running design was worn was against the Colts, in 2002. I thought the Reebok version of Denver's orange introduced in 2002 was good. But the Nike version caused it to be stale.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

The first game that these oranges of the currently long running design was worn was against the Colts, in 2002. I thought the Reebok version of Denver's orange introduced in 2002 was good. But the Nike version caused it to be stale.

This Bronco uniform has gone way past stale.  It's officially moldy.

• Like 11
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind Colts (or the Phins) in monowhite since the helmets match, though contrasting socks are superior.

Which is is weird because I hated it when the Jets did with their previous set. I guess striped socks was too jarring when they did it?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind Colts (or the Phins) in monowhite since the helmets match, though contrasting socks are superior.

Which is is weird because I hated it when the Jets did with their previous set. I guess striped socks was too jarring when they did it?

I also like the Colts all white look. It just works.

With that being said, I think the Colts should seriously bring back the striped socks and have blue pants as an option on the road.

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The Colts and Dolphins should both have striped white socks for when they go monochrome white. Easy fix. 

Colts: all-white is a super classic look but (of fn course) it was missing those double striped socks.  Do people not like sock stripes anymore? :(.  

Fins: After introducing the new pants in '86,  socks with white pants would use solid aqua (top half/quarter) to create proper separation.  In '89 they introduced the aqua pants and used striped socks until the current threads introduced in  '13.  Usually, the stripes would match pant/helmet stripes which makes me wonder what those would look on today's aqua pants.

Shame about the lack of proper sockage. In m opinion, it completes the look.  I think the Browns look vs Steelers has been the best so far.  Brissett and company looked so awesome!  

13 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

The Colts subtly changing their away uniforms to monochrome is so lame

Is all-white considered "monochrome"?  I think of white as a neutral non-color since all teams have it.  I consider "white" the easel or canvas if you will.  Their all-white on the road isn't anything new though. Plenty of photos of Jeff George getting pummeled at Rich Stadium in all-whites. 

All this is moot if you were taking about their all-blue "monochrome" uniform.   

On 10/5/2022 at 3:19 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think the Giants and Rams have similar shade but the Bears are little more black looking. It's a little more obvious a few years later:

chicago-bears-fullback-brad-muster-takes

As a kid, I thought the Bears primary color was black.  It def looked it on my TV at that time and  they were black in Tecmo Bowl 🙃

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Est1980 said:

Is all-white considered "monochrome"?  I think of white as a neutral non-color since all teams have it.  I consider "white" the easel or canvas if you will.  Their all-white on the road isn't anything new though. Plenty of photos of Jeff George getting pummeled at Rich Stadium in all-whites. 

All this is moot if you were taking about their all-blue "monochrome" uniform.   

Yes. Also all-white would be fine if they had striped socks, like the Jeff George Colts, or the current Browns throwback.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I feel like we are to the point where even talking about socks is moot. 

Socks aren't part of the uniform anymore. Half the players are wearing compression pants anyways.

I agree, which is why I just root for teams in white jerseys to just wear colored pants most of the time. I'd rather have the Vikings, for instance in white over purple with purple socks, than white on white with white socks.