2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

1 hour ago, canzman said:

So the survey shows that the fans overwhelming choice is the white helmet with black stripes, but the desired all white snow cat look isn't possible in 2022 from what options we know the teams has.

Keep in mind the NFL states that the alternate shell can only be paired with an alternate jersey, throwback or color rush. They currently to my knowledge do not have a throwback ready and available to go with "original option" have no alternate white jersey. 

The only way the Bengals complete the "Snow cat" look is if the also announce a new alternate white jersey. Their only option with any alternate shell in 2022 is it  with the orange alt jersey and a black and white helmet with that makes very little sense.

Also with how they list them are they saying the options are a black helmet with white stripes, and a white helmet with orange stripes?

I understand that these are the NFL's rules for how and when an alternate helmet can be worn. But I've thought all along that it was only a matter of when, not if, a team would break these rules.  I just thought it would happen in '23... '24 at the latest.

I'm guessing that, despite whatever rules are in place, the Bengals will wear a white alt helmet with an all white uniform. Maybe just their previous color rush?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, canzman said:

Keep in mind the NFL states that the alternate shell can only be paired with an alternate jersey, throwback or color rush. They currently to my knowledge do not have a throwback ready and available to go with "original option" have no alternate white jersey. 

The white jersey-white pants-white socks combo will count as color rush. It’s not their regular road look (they only wore it once last season while wearing contrasting pants or socks in every other appearance of the away jersey) and the Packers already proved that “color rush” can just be the normal away jersey but the pants and socks are both white. I’ll buy a mini helmet and eat it when it drops if that’s not the case.

Given that that will be the case (cause im so damn sure about it) it opens up some questions and more potential loopholes over how often the helmet can be worn. I haven’t seen a rule yet saying specifically how many times you’re allowed to wear the alt *helmet* specifically (unless I missed that??). The limitations on alternate usage, as far as I’m aware, apply solely to the jersey. Most alt helmets (like the Texans, Saints, and Commies so far) will be limited naturally by the infrequency of the jersey that theyre paired with. But could the Packers have worn their white color rush in every away game if they wanted to, given the jersey is their normal one, and the pants and socks also just happen to be sitting there in the style guide? What about the Bengals helmets, then? Could they get sneaky by pulling it out as frequently as they’d like since there’s no rule saying they can’t wear all white week in and week out as long as they’re wearing one of their two regular jerseys?

UNLESS I missed some verbiage along the way that says that a specifically designated “color rush” uniform is subject to the same rules as alt jerseys, in which case forget all of that. Still think it’s gonna be a white with black stripes helmet with their normal all-white look, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canzman said:

So the survey shows that the fans overwhelming choice is the white helmet with black stripes, but the desired all white snow cat look isn't possible in 2022 from what options we know the teams has.

The only way the Bengals complete the "Snow cat" look is if the also announce a new alternate white jersey. Their only option with any alternate shell in 2022 is it  with the orange alt jersey and a black and white helmet with that makes very little sense.

Also with how they list them are they saying the options are a black helmet with white stripes, and a white helmet with orange stripes?

I agree with you that, according to the stipulations regarding alternate helmet use, Cincinnati would have to pair it with another jersey.

For this reason, I wondered if they’d introduce a black/white stripes home jersey without any orange at all (a dark color rush). Then, they could wear them with white pants/black stripes that appeared to pair only with the white away uniforms and, against the Chargers, with the regular home jerseys.

But given that the beat writer and article both mention white and possible workarounds, maybe there’s some other possibility to allow the white helmet to pair with the white uniforms and conform to the rules??

Edit: I guess we’ll all find out at 10 in the morning tomorrow!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

That white helmet with orange stripes to match the white pants might work if they put the black trim on the helmet stripes too. At least it would match and those weird clownfish pant stripes wouldn’t feel so out of place.

Cinncinati Clownfish.

Between the 1990s and last year, that name would have accuarately reflected the team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm guessing that, despite whatever rules are in place, the Bengals will wear a white alt helmet with an all white uniform. Maybe just their previous color rush?

That might be their workaround by going back to previous the color rush jersey and pair with the current white and black pants.

Either way, we're pretty sure that some kind of way we're getting the Jungle Kats on an NFL field pretty soon...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

The white jersey-white pants-white socks combo will count as color rush. It’s not their regular road look (they only wore it once last season while wearing contrasting pants or socks in every other appearance of the away jersey) and the Packers already proved that “color rush” can just be the normal away jersey but the pants and socks are both white. I’ll buy a mini helmet and eat it when it drops if that’s not the case.

The Packers haven't worn the all white in 2 years. I wish they wore it again.

1 hour ago, canzman said:

yep... looks that way.
Bengals going white but no images of said helmet nor how exactly it will be paired.... 🤪

Definitely not quite the level of announcement I expected either…

But at least this piecemeal way of revealing the new helmets and jerseys ensures that we’ll see as many of your excellent mock-ups as possible! 😉

9 minutes ago, canzman said:

Current all white option paired with a white helmet and the white helmet paired with the previous color rush jersey but current white pant.
gQBSNk3.jpg

I think this is it. @Sport in another thread spoke of someone with insider knowledge saying "the all-white helmet will be paired with a throwback" or something like that. What if Cincy designates this former CR as the throwback, and wears the white helmet with that?

One question that no one seems to have addressed is whether this snow tiger look will be a home or road alternate look.

In 2020, the team wore white Color Rush at home twice and orange only once, which was disappointing.

In 2021, they wore orange three times once the Color Rush had basically become the standard road uniform.

Now we are back with two alternate looks in the mix, which I'm not a fan of, especially when the team already has numerous jersey/pant/sock combinations AND since the 'rule' is that three alternate games is supposed to be the max. I personally hope the orange is favored and worn twice with the white being worn once.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

On 7/14/2022 at 2:02 PM, NFLfan10 said:

One question that no one seems to have addressed is whether this snow tiger look will be a home or road alternate look.

Designation as home/away are not a consistent factor in today's NFL. The league doesn't classify a specific home and away look internally anymore in terms of uniforms. Uniforms are classified as color, white, alternate, throwback, and color rush.

What ever uniform the home team selects the visiting team must wear a contrasting opposite. Many teams opt to wear lighter colors at home be they white or an alternate early in the season, and some opt to wear white at home almost exclusively. The only exception to this was during the mandatory color rush time frame when we saw color vs. color but those only happened if there was enough contrast.

Last year as an example the Browns debuted the Alternate all white 46 throwbacks. They wore them first at home against Chicago and then again on Christmas in Green Bay.

So to answer the question these will be similar to those and just be an alternate look and where/when they wear them is anyone's guess at this point.

19 hours ago, tBBP said:

Either way, we're pretty sure that some kind of way we're getting the Jungle Kats on an NFL field pretty soon...

I took this when they visited the Breen Bay Blizzard in af2 years ago
EDIT - My 20 year old son asked when this was. Thanks to Arenafan, I found it. May 18, 2007

cowIqm1.jpeg

14 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Packers haven't worn the all white in 2 years. I wish they wore it again.

No. It isn't better than our regular 'road' uniform and should never see the light of day again.

Edited by Sec19Row53
added date
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

It's where I sit.

5 hours ago, canzman said:

Designation as home/away are not a consistent factor in today's NFL. The league doesn't classify a specific home and away look internally anymore in terms of uniforms. Uniforms are classified as color, white, alternate, throwback, and color rush.

What ever uniform the home team selects the visiting team must wear a contrasting opposite. Many teams opt to where lighter colors at home be they white or an alternate early in the season, and some opt to wear white at home almost exclusively. The only exception to this was during the mandatory color rush time frame when we saw color vs. color but those only happened if there was enough contrast.

That was true even before modern day, like going all the back to the 1960s.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No. It isn't better than our regular 'road' uniform and should never see the light of day again.

The regular white jersey and yellow pants combo is seen plenty of times. And the Packers' all white is one of the better all-whites in the league when it was around.