Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Washington & Wazzu ... the end)

Hawkeye15

• Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Iowa & Nebraska)
  • Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Miami U & Ohio)
  • Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Michigan & Ohio State)

I like the green buckeye leaf stickers, but second that throwback striping usually looks better for OSU. I think their all white and all black looks are some of the better ones in the country, and would like to see them too.

11 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

6Sy0DwU.png

8iDnrhr.png

• Incorporating stripes a la the "uniforms" worn in the 1880's by Michigan.
  • I don't anticipate this to go over well, but I wanted to try it out. It gives a vintage look to a vintage program.

I've always liked the bumblebee outfits so I'm glad you took that swing. That said, makes more sense as a throwback in real life but I love seeing these home/aways here.

11 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

a33ZM3p.png

WVMGIrW.png

• Small differences for Ohio State ... add sparkly silver to the sleeves to get a consistent stripe and balance the colors a bit better.
  • Green buckeye leaf stickers!
  • Mega stickers on the throwback!

I'm also in the camp with the old stripers BUT I think this is a nice fix to the current modern look.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the current Buckeye leaf stickers green? Even so, going with a brighter green that sticks out more would be great; using a dark green is fairly pointless as it blends with the black on the uniform.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

I've always liked the bumblebee outfits so I'm glad you took that swing. That said, makes more sense as a throwback in real life but I love seeing these home/aways here.

I'm also in the camp with the old stripers BUT I think this is a nice fix to the current modern look.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the current Buckeye leaf stickers green? Even so, going with a brighter green that sticks out more would be great; using a dark green is fairly pointless as it blends with the black on the uniform.

I actually don't know. They could be a dark green? But the fact that we don't even know means it really doesn't matter. They don't stand out as green.

• Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Michigan State & Penn State)
1 hour ago, Hawkeye15 said:

EjA5fLS.png

v9munKE.png

jWobIJi.png

• Changes to the primary uniforms are a different pattern in the sleeve caps that also appears on the pants.
  • No more lime green awful text alternate. Bring back the bronze coloring in the alternate to give it a real Spartan feel.

Awoo

1 hour ago, Hawkeye15 said:

7Gyl5Hy.png

juKxP7h.png

• Put color back in the cuffs but not in the collar.
  • Serifs on the numbers.
  • Stripe on the pants.
  • Chuckle that some will see this as gaudy for Penn State.
  • Bone alternate!

Some may cringe, some may see this as gaudy.... they had two other blues they could of used but no they're Penn State after all.

eG3XSiI.png

1vhVLmB.png

• Taking a leap with Wisconsin:
  • Their current W logo has always felt tacky to me and the black drop shadow stinks.
  • Let's use a more interesting, unique logo: the W logo that appears on the Wisconsin band uniforms.
  • Big change to the number font ... Wisconsin script on the chest.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

• Hawkeye15 changed the title to Megaconference College Football by Hawkeye15 (Minnesota & Wisconsin)
13 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

eG3XSiI.png

1vhVLmB.png

• Taking a leap with Wisconsin:
  • Their current W logo has always felt tacky to me and the black drop shadow stinks.
  • Let's use a more interesting, unique logo: the W logo that appears on the Wisconsin band uniforms.
  • Big change to the number font ... Wisconsin script on the chest.

My only concern would be that this gives them slightly less distinction from Nebraska than their current look, but they don't have much to begin with. I like the leap you took and can't say the motion W does anything for me either.

• Like 1