International Club Soccer 2022-2023

MJWalker45

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

This wasnt the Grand Finals, they are in their regular season. Early this week the A League announced the next 3 Grand Finals will be held in Sydney, regardless of participants. Supporters across the league have protested by walking out in the 20th minute. The match in Melbourne however took a nasty turn as supporters threw flares and invaded the pitch. Im all for protesting, but this was the wrong way to go.

Signature intentionally left blank

25 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

This wasnt the Grand Finals, they are in their regular season. Early this week the A League announced the next 3 Grand Finals will be held in Sydney, regardless of participants. Supporters across the league have protested by walking out in the 20th minute. The match in Melbourne however took a nasty turn as supporters threw flares and invaded the pitch. Im all for protesting, but this was the wrong way to go.

Ok. That's what I got for trying to read five minutes after getting up. Obviously the league is chasing the money, and that will piss off the fans, but tossing flares on the field isn't the answer. Hopefully this doesn't happen again, but there has to be some discussion about how fans interact with the players and the stadium security protocols that probably weren't followed.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Interesting to see that the excess of added time we saw at the World Cup isn't being applied to EPL games. I wondered if UEFA or the FA would apply those rules as well. 

I'm guessing that it'll be implemented with the next new season.

Will be something to see when MLS hits soon or in the fall.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Interesting to see that the excess of added time we saw at the World Cup isn't being applied to EPL games. I wondered if UEFA or the FA would apply those rules as well. 

There were 11 minutes of stoppage time in the Man City-Everton game so it seems it will apply after all!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

There were 11 minutes of stoppage time in the Man City-Everton game so it seems it will apply after all!

Was Michael Oliver calling the game?  I wonder if we'll see numbers fluctuate based on those that were or weren't at the World Cup. United vs Wolves had 1 minute of added time in the first half and five in the second half. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Finally watched that show this past weekend.

... and finally just got that song out of my head yesterday. So thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/juventus-itajuventus/story/4856917/juventus-deducted-15-points-in-serie-a-over-transfer-dealings

Juventus just got slapped with a 15 point deduction for this season. If they aren't able to knock that down on appeal, they can count on not making Europe this year without a good bit of help.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/20/2023 at 4:34 PM, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/juventus-itajuventus/story/4856917/juventus-deducted-15-points-in-serie-a-over-transfer-dealings

Juventus just got slapped with a 15 point deduction for this season. If they aren't able to knock that down on appeal, they can count on not making Europe this year without a good bit of help.

And how Juve fans responded to it

On 1/23/2023 at 3:59 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

https://www.sportbible.com/football/juventus-players-serie-a-punishment-suspension-162480-20230124

23 Juventus players, past and present could be facing various suspensions based on the fact they took less money to keep playing. Weston McKennie, Christiano Ronaldo, and others are on the list. I wonder how that would affect those players no longer in Italy, like Ronaldo, or McKennie who's been rumored to be on a few EPL teams' transfer lists. 

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2023/1/24/23569798/tottenham-hotspur-news-juventus-scandal-kulusevski-bentacur-possibly-suspended-30-days

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.sportbible.com/football/juventus-players-serie-a-punishment-suspension-162480-20230124

23 Juventus players, past and present could be facing various suspensions based on the fact they took less money to keep playing. Weston McKennie, Christiano Ronaldo, and others are on the list. I wonder how that would affect those players no longer in Italy, like Ronaldo, or McKennie who's been rumored to be on a few EPL teams' transfer lists. 

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2023/1/24/23569798/tottenham-hotspur-news-juventus-scandal-kulusevski-bentacur-possibly-suspended-30-days

I fear that it may be 2006 all over again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I fear that it may be 2006 all over again

I still think they should have dumped everyone down to Serie B instead of just Juventus, but I think this will hurt them big time if they can't get the leadership suspensions reduced. I'd have to see how many of those players are still at the club, but if it was decided that they get 10/15/20 game suspensions that might see them drop like a stone down the table. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Hell yeah, MLS in FIFA Club World Cup today!

And they blew it.

Oh well.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags