MLB x NIKE Refresh

MJD7

6 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Milwaukee Brewers

I think the Brewers' 2020 redesign was nearly perfect; I just matched the home sleeve stripes to the away jersey, put the City Connect sleeve stripes on the navy alternate, & added a powder blue throwback.

QJX9O1u.png

c7KLZHG.png

53U4pRd.png

ZMA4lFC.png

Thank you for getting rid of the barley ball logo, the state outline logo is 10x better and should be on a sleeves.  One thing I'm kinda surprised about though, no pinstripe alt?

• Like 1

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

57 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Thank you for getting rid of the barley ball logo, the state outline logo is 10x better and should be on a sleeves.  One thing I'm kinda surprised about though, no pinstripe alt?

In trying to limit myself to a 4 jersey maximum for every team, the pinstripe alternate had to be the one to go, if I wanted to keep the powder blue throwback.

I'm thinking about maybe posting an additional throwback look for each team once I've completed the main uniforms, and if I end up doing so, the pinstripe jersey would definitely be the Brewers' choice.

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

In trying to limit myself to a 4 jersey maximum for every team, the pinstripe alternate had to be the one to go, if I wanted to keep the powder blue throwback.

I'm thinking about maybe posting an additional throwback look for each team once I've completed the main uniforms, and if I end up doing so, the pinstripe jersey would definitely be the Brewers' choice.

Id say I agree that teams in general should be limited to 4 main uniforms.  Teams like Minnesota and Arizona have 5 or 6 and it gets to be too much.  

What about possibly making the home cream uniform a cream pinstripes uniform?  Of course this is just me spitballing, your refresh ideas are essentially perfect IMO.

• Like 1

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Minnesota Twins

Gold is minimized to the sleeve patch, 70's-inspired striping is consistent across all jerseys, the navy alternate better matches the home jersey, & the powder blue throwback stays in the rotation full time.

zfQ4I52.png

gGRkwhG.png

40jQsKj.png

anajGkA.png

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Minnesota Twins 17/30)
11 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Id say I agree that teams in general should be limited to 4 main uniforms.  Teams like Minnesota and Arizona have 5 or 6 and it gets to be too much.  

What about possibly making the home cream uniform a cream pinstripes uniform?  Of course this is just me spitballing, your refresh ideas are essentially perfect IMO.

Here's a look at pinstripes with the home uniform:

C5d3VLv.png

I personally prefer it plain, but it's not bad with pinstripes either. 

11 hours ago, NicDB said:

I would have kept the pinstripes and dropped the navy. But otherwise I love pretty much everything about what you've done here. The cream uni looks so much better with matching piping.

I personally really like the navy jersey, so it would have been hard to let that one go. If there was any jersey I would have traded it for, it would have been the powder blue throwback, which also would have been a tough sell, of course.

• Like 3

Great job with the Twins. Dropping gold was an essential first step. Putting Minnie and Paul on the sleeve of every jersey and making the river light blue ... A+. Seems like the Twins text should be red with a white outline on the navy jersey, but I'm not sure if that's because it would look better or if my brain just knows that's how it's always looked for them.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

Great job with the Twins. Dropping gold was an essential first step. Putting Minnie and Paul on the sleeve of every jersey and making the river light blue ... A+. Seems like the Twins text should be red with a white outline on the navy jersey, but I'm not sure if that's because it would look better or if my brain just knows that's how it's always looked for them.

Thank you very much! The Twins are my team, so I did the best I could to get them "right." 

As for the navy jersey, the inspiration for the white letters was their BP jersey from the early 80's, so the look is not *completely* without historical precedent:

f7cd18fc5edaa085290f490ef81daef6.jpg

The Twins briefly revived the white letters for their Spring Training jerseys in 2014, as well (along with the white front-panel cap, which is another element I would bring into the Twins' rotation full-time):

ows_142820699617240.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces

Here's a look at the red letters, though:

E6ivaE7.png

I prefer the white letters myself, but the red letters aren't bad by any means, either.

• Like 2

I prefer white scripts on navy for the Twins because it helps distinguish them from most other navy and red teams and their alternates:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Nats are the only other navy & red team who use white scripts on their navy alts. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I prefer white scripts on navy for the Twins because it helps distinguish them from most other navy and red teams and their alternates.

The Nats are the only other navy & red team who use white scripts on their navy alts. 

I completely agree! That (and the historical precedent presented above) were my main reasons for giving the Twins the white wordmark.

Cleveland, of course, has had white wordmarks in their past, but since I consider them more red-heavy than the Twins, it made sense to keep their logos/numbers red when presented on a navy background.

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (New York Mets 18/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (New York Yankees 19/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Oakland Athletics 20/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Philadelphia Phillies 21/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Pittsburgh Pirates 22/30)

San Diego Padres

I think the Padres went from a bottom 5 uniform in MLB to top 5 when they brought back the brown, so the only changes I made were to the alternate, utilizing the striping design from their previous navy jersey.

H8kpgV9.png

9srCYzW.png

niBTI0W.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (San Diego Padres 23/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (San Francisco Giants 24/30)