MLB x NIKE Refresh (Philadelphia Phillies City Connect)

MJD7

Boston Red Sox City Connect

I don’t mind the Sox actual City jersey aesthetically, but it simply doesn’t feel like a “Red Sox” jersey, so I went with a Green Monster-inspired design in order to keep more in line with the team’s history.

X00JiMF.png

• Like 13
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Arizona Diamondbacks & Boston Red Sox City Connects 2/14)
1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

Arizona Diamondbacks

This is the one jersey where I didn’t change anything, not necessarily because love the design, but more-so because they didn’t really offer much to work with.

3F7Wbrz.png

Huh? There should be plenty to work with for a Diamondbacks special jersey. Thanks to a little thing called mescaline, the possibilities should be many. The Southwestern art style hinted at with the A logo, the opportunity to use the finest colour scheme that peyote can buy, and making something that looked like the design department at Nike in charge of the Arizona Diamondbacks CC had spent a night outside Tempe tripping balls around a campfire whilst listening to the Meat Puppets.

There was loads to work with - The Mystery Castle, Pagago Park, Tovrea Castle - I'm sure there are no other places that could offer inspiration.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Huh? There should be plenty to work with for a Diamondbacks special jersey. Thanks to a little thing called mescaline, the possibilities should be many. The Southwestern art style hinted at with the A logo, the opportunity to use the finest colour scheme that peyote can buy, and making something that looked like the design department at Nike in charge of the Arizona Diamondbacks CC had spent a night outside Tempe tripping balls around a campfire whilst listening to the Meat Puppets.

I thought about going in other directions, such as incorporating Navajo art, a snakeskin pattern, or something similar to the Phoenix Suns' "Valley" uniform, but none of it seemed to work well. Maybe I'll come back to it in the future. I’d love to hear any ideas anyone else has, as well.

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

There was loads to work with - The Mystery Castle, Pagago Park, Tovrea Castle - I'm sure there are no other places that could offer inspiration.

I am not familiar with any of these places you’ve referenced, which I guess is one of the disadvantages of not being a local (which you seem like you might be). Regardless, I think going with something that’s known on a more national scale about Arizona, such as the Navajo or the desert valley, would be a better direction to go with. I’ll keep trying out ideas to see if I can come up with anything.

Chicago Cubs City Connect

I realized that the Marlins’ City Connect might actually work better for the Cubs, because the red with white pinstripes reminded me of the classic Wrigley Field scoreboard outside of the stadium.

bQ2dNrN.png

• Like 3

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Chicago Cubs City Connect 3/14)

Chicago White Sox City Connect

Since I added a black pinstriped alternate to the regular rotation in my concept for the Sox, I went the city flag route this time, while keeping the Southside wordmark & using the flag’s stripes as a reference to the 80’s SOX uniforms.

xOg1EzA.png

• Like 8

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Chicago White Sox City Connect 4/14)

Great idea repurposing the Marlins' look as a Wrigley Field marquee-inspired design for the Cubs. 

For some reason I think a Chicago flag-based design would work better for the Cubs than the Sox, but on its own the Sox design looks great. Keep up the awesome work!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Great idea repurposing the Marlins' look as a Wrigley Field marquee-inspired design for the Cubs. 

For some reason I think a Chicago flag-based design would work better for the Cubs than the Sox, but on its own the Sox design looks great. Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks! Yea, I completely agree, the flag definitely feels more "Cubs" for some reason, maybe because it's closer to their color scheme than the Sox black & silver. Still, as you of course know, the White Sox have used both light blue & red in their history too, even exclusively together, So this was a nice way to reference that.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Colorado Rockies City Connect 5/14)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Houston Astros City Connect 6/14)
5 hours ago, BiggityBerfa said:

these last 3 have been some of he best jerseys i’ve seen on this site

Thank you very much! I think I might like the second half of the City Connect designs even more, so hopefully you will too.

Kansas City Royals City Connect

Navy felt like an odd choice for the Royals to me, so I went with their classic royal blue, while adjusting the stripes & number font to match the logo even more closely.

7Bymcqr.png

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Kansas City Royals City Connect 7/14)

Los Angeles Angels City Connect

The Angels probably have my favorite City jersey of them all, so the only changes are swapping silver in the halo for athletic gold, & putting the cap logo on the sleeve patch roundel.

5ph8shJ.png

• Like 6

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Los Angeles Angels City Connect 8/14)

Los Angeles Dodgers City Connect

I feel the Dodgers’ City jersey was largely a dud, so I went with a jersey that came directly from one of the Dodgers’ celebrity softball games, with design elements inspired by Hollywood’s Walk of Fame.

F3ikYsS.png

• Like 9
  • Love 3

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Los Angeles Dodgers City Connect 9/14)
3 hours ago, iDeadChris said:

If the Dodgers used that City Connect, it would immediately become my favorite jersey in all of sports. Also, thank you for incorporating Ybor into the Rays design! It looks amazing!!!

Thanks! As I mentioned in the description, it was  derived from a real-life Dodgers Celebrity Softball game jersey:

george-lopez-45th-hollywood-stars-baseball-dodger-stadium-los-angeles-H88RXA.jpg

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Miami Marlins City Connect 10/14)