MLB x NIKE Refresh (New York Mets City Connect)

MJD7

23 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Now that's a Miami City Connect Jersey.

18 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Nailed it with the Marlins

7 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

Perfect execution for the Marlins. Spot on.

The Royals city connect is also great.

Thank you all! I appreciate it.

Milwaukee Brewers City Connect

Like Arizona, I didn’t really love the “Brew Crew’s” design, but couldn’t really find much to change with it either, so I just added the People’s Flag of Milwaukee within the BiG logo.

bQ2JY9F.png

• Like 8

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Milwaukee Brewers City Connect 11/14)

San Diego Padres City Connect

The connection with Mexican culture is a cool inspiration, but I wish they embraced it more in the actual design, which is what I tried to do with the wordmark & sleeve logo.

EE1RxIr.png

• Like 7

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (San Diego Padres City Connect 12/14)

San Francisco Giants City Connect

I tried to give the Giants a classic design, going with an off-white base, darkening the orange to “International Orange” to match the Golden Gate Bridge, removing the “fog,” & finally adding their elegant “San Francisco” script onto a jersey.

tMUaytO.png

• Like 8

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (San Francisco Giants City Connect 13/14)

Awesome work on the last few teams. Loving the script and number style for SD in particular and how you carried it over the monogram. I too did the People's Flag inside the BiG logo for my Brewers tweak, but I kept the grillball as a sleeve patch. 

I wonder if there's some sort of flowery number style that would match the style of the script for SF?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Awesome work on the last few teams. Loving the script and number style for SD in particular and how you carried it over the monogram. I too did the People's Flag inside the BiG logo for my Brewers tweak, but I kept the grillball as a sleeve patch. 

I wonder if there's some sort of flowery number style that would match the style of the script for SF?

Thank you! 

For San Francisco, if there is a "flowery" number style that would match the script, I'm not sure I'd want it, to be honest. It's often more difficult to do numbers in a more scripted style due to readability. 

Washington Nationals City Connect

It's weird to me that Washington’s City jersey was inspired by DC's cherry blossoms, but yet the pink was barely visible from a distance, so instead I made the whole jersey pink, while adding some striping reminiscent of their main jerseys.

5RpLcb6.png

• Like 18

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Washington Nationals City Connect 14/14; "Cooperstown Collection" Coming Soon)

The Nats look great! I'm curious how it would look if you swapped out the "DC" monogram with the "WSH" script used on the actual City Connect jerseys. 

Excited to see what you cook up for the Cooperstown Collection. Sounds exciting! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Nats look great! I'm curious how it would look if you swapped out the "DC" monogram with the "WSH" script used on the actual City Connect jerseys. 

Excited to see what you cook up for the Cooperstown Collection. Sounds exciting! 

Unfortunately, I'm not able to make any edits to that jersey in particular, because the subliminated pattern made the file so large that I can’t open it to edit things anymore. 😂

I wasn't a big fan of the "WSH" abbreviation myself, but do you know of any high-quality images of the wordmark anyway? I had a hard time finding any good images for Washington's City Connect in general.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:58 AM, MJD7 said:

That'll do it for the City Connect designs, you can see them all together now on this website!

I'll be back here at the beginning of August to show an extra "throwback" design for each team, a series I'm dubbing the "Cooperstown Collection."

Fantastic work man, this was maybe the best MLB concept series I've seen. Looking forward to those throwbacks!

• Love 1

As promised, I'll begin my "Cooperstown Collection" series today: jerseys that are inspired by past designs while remaining relatively in line with the current brand. As usual, I'll be posting one team a day, for the next month.

The Arizona Diamondbacks will be up shortly.

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Arizona Diamondbacks Cooperstown Collection 1/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Atlanta Braves Cooperstown Collection 2/30)
18 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Atlanta Braves Cooperstown Collection

I based this jersey off of what the Braves wore in Milwaukee starting in 1963, which they continued to wear through their move to Atlanta and until 1967.

PZ08fcs.png

Beautiful. I always though the cream alternates were the Braves' best look. 

Baltimore Orioles Cooperstown Collection

Although the jersey itself might look a little plain, when paired with black pants and orange-and-black alternating stripes on the socks, like the original Baltimore Orioles (who became the Yankees) did in 1901, it makes for a unique look.

rsTwzeI.png

• Like 3