MLB x NIKE Refresh

MJD7

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Boston Red Sox Cooperstown Collection 4/30)
13 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Boston Red Sox Cooperstown Collection

Taking a bit of a risk here with the Red Sox, this design is based off of a jersey the team wore in 1908.

UHNPg0B.png

Would probably rather you went with the 70s pullover route for the the Sox, but this is very well done nonetheless.

• Like 1

I swear I have that Giants city connect concept somewhere on my computer lol it's an amazing idea. And as for more praise, the Miami city connect is one of my favorite concepts I've ever seen, hands-down. It's amazing. Keep up the series!

• Love 1

tinysig.jpg

On 8/1/2022 at 2:56 PM, MJD7 said:

Arizona Diamondbacks Cooperstown Collection

I couldn't not go back to the purple & teal, so I went with a purple jersey inspired by an alternate the team wore from their inception in 1998 until 2002.

p2Popyl.png

As a D-backs fan, I love what you've put together.  This template was used with the "ARIZONA" script from 1999 through 2002, but I like the "A" logo better because it matches my favorite hat in team history. Only thought I have would be to change the snake-in-mouth logo back to its original colors.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 5:56 PM, MJD7 said:

Arizona Diamondbacks Cooperstown Collection

I couldn't not go back to the purple & teal, so I went with a purple jersey inspired by an alternate the team wore from their inception in 1998 until 2002.

p2Popyl.png

I'd kill for a purple hat with that rattlesnake head on it! The colours look so good 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Djruggs said:

Would probably rather you went with the 70s pullover route for the the Sox, but this is very well done nonetheless.

Thank you! The 70's pullover jersey is actually my favorite look the Sox have ever had, I kind of regret not going that route for the main set, to be honest. I just thought it looked too similar to the main set to be the throwback.

11 hours ago, Jake3roo said:

I swear I have that Giants city connect concept somewhere on my computer lol it's an amazing idea. And as for more praise, the Miami city connect is one of my favorite concepts I've ever seen, hands-down. It's amazing. Keep up the series!

Thank you, I really appreciate it! I'll admit, the City Connects were fun to do because they let me go outside the box a little bit.

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Great job on all the Cooperstown design so far! My only problem with the Boston one is that sock logo on a pullover jersey makes it kind of look like a T-shirt.

Thanks! I guess I could give the jersey the top two buttons, but I wouldn't want to do any more than that, because the original jersey wasn't a complete button-down either:

TuP5eDv.png

1 hour ago, PHXJerseyGuy said:

As a D-backs fan, I love what you've put together.  This template was used with the "ARIZONA" script from 1999 through 2002, but I like the "A" logo better because it matches my favorite hat in team history. Only thought I have would be to change the snake-in-mouth logo back to its original colors.

Thanks! I wanted to avoid using the original colors because of the lack of contrast between the colors, but here's something a little bit closer to the original color configuration:

lc7NuZS.png

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I'd kill for a purple hat with that rattlesnake head on it! The colours look so good 

Thank you! The colors were difficult to get exactly right, but it was definitely important to the look that I try my best.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Chicago Cubs Cooperstown Collection 5/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Chicago White Sox Cooperstown Collection 6/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Cincinnati Reds Cooperstown Collection 7/30)
3 hours ago, raysox said:

oh I love the idea of a Cooperstown Collection. Great execution all around, love the Dodgers City Connect uni.

Thank you! Although the Dodgers City design was a direct copy of a pre-existing design, it ended up being one of my favorites, too, if only because it fit the criteria of the City Connect program than the Dodgers’ actual design did, in my opinion.

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Cleveland Guardians Cooperstown Collection 8/30)

Colorado Rockies Cooperstown Collection

This is not based on any jersey the Rockies ever actually wore, but rather, an imagination of what they might have looked like had they existed in the 70's, with a wordmark inspired by the Denver Bears.

L4rOqPp.png

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Colorado Rockies Cooperstown Collection 9/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Detroit Tigers Cooperstown Collection 10/30)
23 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Detroit Tigers Cooperstown Collection

This jersey is an amalgamation of one Detroit wore in 1929 and the one-year jersey that read "Tigers" in 1960, allowing for the occasional use of orange at home.

TNNJcaw.png

Yes, yes and yes. I am all for Detroit to embrace more of the orange in their identity, and this uniform is a great starting spot for this. 

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png

On 8/4/2022 at 3:51 PM, MJD7 said:

Boston Red Sox Cooperstown Collection

Taking a bit of a risk here with the Red Sox, this design is based off of a jersey the team wore in 1908.

UHNPg0B.png

The sock's not really elongated enough here to really emulate the 1908 sock, like @coco1997.said, this looks more like a t-shirt.  That said, sorry for beating you to the punch by about a decade, give or take.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:13 PM, MJD7 said:

Chicago Cubs Cooperstown Collection

This Cubs design was based off of a jersey the team wore in 1938 and 1939.

mHvnJaj.png

Love it 🤩

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

17 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

Yes, yes and yes. I am all for Detroit to embrace more of the orange in their identity, and this uniform is a great starting spot for this. 

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Discrim said:

The sock's not really elongated enough here to really emulate the 1908 sock, like @coco1997.said, this looks more like a t-shirt.  That said, sorry for beating you to the punch by about a decade, give or take.

Yeah, I had that concern as well, but I didn’t want to remove the white elements from the sock logo, as they  help prevent it from looking like a random blob, making it  read clearer as a sock.

I originally had the hanging sock logo unchanged as the main design on the jersey, but it looked even more like a t-shirt because of the lack of any wordmark. 

Also, I went back through some of your concepts, and didn’t even realize you already did a Sox concept similar to mine! Drawing from the same historic design will cause that to happen, I suppose.

17 hours ago, Discrim said:

Love it 🤩

Thank you!

The Cleveland Sleeveless is nice.  I was expecting Arizona or Florida/Miami to get the Suns Out Guns Out treatment considering they did win the World Series with sleeveless shirts in their rotation and go back to 1948  for Cleveland (and it would be amazing if you did), but I do like the sleeveless look for the Guardians.

The Columbine Rockies Jersey is wonderful.

• Like 1