MLB x NIKE Refresh

MJD7

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Washington Nationals Cooperstown Collection 30/30)
17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Great work on the Nats and on finishing the series! My favorites from the Cooperstown Collection were the Rockies, Mets, Padres and Rays. 

Thank you! My personal Top 5 in no particular order would probably be:

• Rays
  • Rockies
  • Giants
  • Tigers
  • Royals

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an addendum of what I predict/hope we'll see from the Twins upcoming uniform redesign this off-season: essentially a combination of different eras throughout Twins' history, while bringing consistency to the identity and moving it further into modernity.

Credit goes to @SFGiants58 for the original creation of the wordmark I used for 3 of the jerseys, which I made some slight tweaks to myself.

V5e4Ef2.png

GD6SSBJ.png

gs1fo4U.png

BJKZoSD.png

• Like 13
  • Love 3

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Addendum: Minnesota Twins Redesign Prediction)
On 9/30/2022 at 10:09 PM, PurpleRain said:

Just looking through all your designs for the first time—absolutely beautiful work. I can't even imagine better designs for nearly any teams.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, coco1997 said:

Your new Twins designs are fantastic! But personally, I’d prefer they pick a lane and go with either gray or (preferably) powder blue for their road look rather than trying to balance both.

Thanks!

The Twins gray road jersey is my favorite of their current/outgoing set, so I wanted to bring that design over as much as possible while making it consistent with the rest of the set. 

I wouldn’t mind if a team went to powder blue as their full-time road look (looking at the Rays and/or Royals), but I don’t know if the Twins are that team. It just feels like too bold of a move for them, if that makes sense. Moreover, making powder blue the full-time road jersey would almost necessitate using the “Minnesota” script with it, but I prefer the “Twins” script with the powder blue, for whatever reason.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 2:29 PM, MJD7 said:

Thanks!

The Twins gray road jersey is my favorite of their current/outgoing set, so I wanted to bring that design over as much as possible while making it consistent with the rest of the set. 

I wouldn’t mind if a team went to powder blue as their full-time road look (looking at the Rays and/or Royals), but I don’t know if the Twins are that team. It just feels like too bold of a move for them, if that makes sense. Moreover, making powder blue the full-time road jersey would almost necessitate using the “Minnesota” script with it, but I prefer the “Twins” script with the powder blue, for whatever reason.

GREAT JOB ON THIS THREAD ALL AROUND!!!!

Clapping GIFs | Reaction GIFs

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 10:49 PM, MJD7 said:

Here's an addendum of what I predict/hope we'll see from the Twins upcoming uniform redesign this off-season: essentially a combination of different eras throughout Twins' history, while bringing consistency to the identity and moving it further into modernity.

Credit goes to @SFGiants58 for the original creation of the wordmark I used for 3 of the jerseys, which I made some slight tweaks to myself.

V5e4Ef2.png

GD6SSBJ.png

gs1fo4U.png

BJKZoSD.png

This would be sweet

• Like 1

20 hours ago, joekono said:

GREAT JOB ON THIS THREAD ALL AROUND!!!!

Thank you! I really enjoyed making it, I’m glad you seemed to enjoy viewing it.

1 minute ago, TrueYankee26 said:

This would be sweet

Thanks! Here’s to hoping they end up unveiling something similar.

13 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Could you do a version of the Twins set with the "Win" wordmark please? It's my fave wordmark, due to the underlined win.

Do you mean like this? This was my original version of their set:

On 6/20/2022 at 12:52 PM, MJD7 said:

Minnesota Twins

Gold is minimized to the sleeve patch, 70's-inspired striping is consistent across all jerseys, the navy alternate better matches the home jersey, & the powder blue throwback stays in the rotation full time.

KmIUesU.png

otjtWhC.png

csq0Ia9.png

L1i6Ubg.png

• 1 month later...

Another addendum now that the rebrand has been unveiled: There's honestly not much I'd change in the uniform set, I just adjusted the sleeve stripes of the navy alternate.

3hHsKua.png

Glne3t5.png

06QdRdR.png

pP0OxGE.png

I might honestly like it even more than my concept I posted a couple months ago prior to the unveiling, which goes to show how happy I am with how the rebrand turned out.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Addendum II: Minnesota Twins Tweaks Post-Unveiling)
11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Another addendum now that the rebrand has been unveiled: There's honestly not much I'd change in the uniform set, I just adjusted the sleeve stripes of the navy alternate & added some red & pinstripes to the cream home alternate.

uwBtXYn.png

I might honestly like it even more than my concept I posted a couple months ago prior to the unveiling, which goes to show how happy I am with how the rebrand turned out.

This is a brilliant alternative to what the Twins unveiled for a cream jersey. Well done. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

This is a brilliant alternative to what the Twins unveiled for a cream jersey. Well done. 

Thanks! I just had the idea today to isolate Minnie & Paul for this jersey's patch, although I'm not sure it turned out as well as I'd hoped:

gdZPpSc.png

I can kind of understand why they went with the flag logo now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! I just had the idea today to isolate Minnie & Paul for this jersey's patch, although I'm not sure it turned out as well as I'd hoped:

gdZPpSc.png

I can kind of understand why they went with the flag logo now.

I think using that patch, you'd end up with the same white vs. cream conflict that would make it unappealing. 

• Like 1