2022 NBA Offseason

FinsUp1214

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So, you hate KD for being a " selfish, lazy egomaniac", but you'd welcome Kyrie onto your team? 

Interesting.

7 hours ago, Kooky01 said:

Jeez, you'd be happy with Kyrie on your team that already has chemistry issues?? 

Oops, OldSchoolVikes beat me too it. 

Let me be clear: the only I'd want kyrie because I have a small morsel of hope that, by returning to LeBron, and going to a team with two solid primary options, Irving will take a humility check. Everything I said in that post about KD can (and does) apply to Kyrie. I just hope that getting Westbrook off of the team would lessen the chemistry issues, and I'm praying that Kyrie takes a long look in the mirror. I'm also hoping that whatever semblance of a relationship Irving and James have left would lead to some temporary temporance. All of this is unlikely, though, and I am prepared for the media crapshow this will become.

TL;DR: Kyrie and KD are relativley similar, and I am only accepting Irving because he wants to play for my team.

Sports > Logic.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:59 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I'm so sick of KD. Like, I am genuinely tired of hearing "news" about him.

Kevin Durant is cool because people used to be like "those NBA players are thugs in a thug league!" but Durant is no thug, he's a myspace theatre kid who happens to be like seven feet tall. He just sits on the internet writing "no one told me this is how it would feel to find out who my real friends are..." at 2 in the morning. Go mope at a bonfire!

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

Kevin Durant is cool because people used to be like "those NBA players are thugs in a thug league!" but Durant is no thug, he's a myspace theatre kid who happens to be like seven feet tall. He just sits on the internet writing "no one told me this is how it would feel to find out who my real friends are..." at 2 in the morning. Go mope at a bonfire!

There's some podcast he does and I hear the commercials all the time on the crappy Audacy app.  It basically consists of some guy being "so how you do you prepare - how do you get in a zone when you're facing a great player" and KD is like "it's like, a'ight, you know, a'ight, let's see what you got.  I'm like a'ight, let's go.  A'ight, OK, a'ight, and that's what sepatetes the great from the elite.  I don't even get worried, I'm just like a'ight".

That's nearly verbatim.  And then the cohost does the unnatural laugh where it's more of a laugh where the back of the tongue is touching the roof of his mouth (basically the "rap laugh") then calms down and is like "whoah, yeah that's why you the man".

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Let's give KD some credit here -- an athlete lacking any insight is nothing new, but his taste for exceptionally whiny quotes and Twitter fights are kind of above and beyond. I just had the image of him calling into Boston talk radio and trying to disguise his voice and nearly puked. It'll put the burner account thing to shame. No way any of this is a good idea.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Damn. Losing Bill Russell is definitely not the news I expected to wake up to. 

At least it was peaceful for him. 

RIP to a legend. 😥

He certainly has a resume I don't think any player (or coach) will ever beat. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totally not shocked KD apparently wants to go to a team fresh off a Finals appearance. 😑

At this point, screw him. He had his chance to join the Celtics back in 2016 and chose the Warriors instead. 

Had he chose the Celtics, he'd probably have more than 2 rings right now and a far better reputation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

I'm totally not shocked KD apparently wants to go to a team fresh off a Finals appearance. 😑

At this point, screw him. He had his chance to join the Celtics back in 2016 and chose the Warriors instead. 

Had he chose the Celtics, he'd probably have more than 2 rings right now and a far better reputation. 

And 2020 as well. He is a punk. I don’t want him. He’ll tear any team apart. He will want any team he goes to to cater to his wishes and leave a scorched earth behind him. No thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

With the 76ers, I just have a hard time thinking what they could give up for KD. 

Embiid, Tucker and like 4 first round picks? IDK

Would be hilarious to see Embiid reunite with Ben Simmons though.  😂

The 76ers are the easiest trade partner.  Tobias Harris (for his huge but expiring soon contract), Tyrese Maxey (young potential star), maybe Matisse Thybuile, and then draft picks in 2065 or whenever they next have any.)  Based on stuff I've read, they match up the best, considering there's no way that the Nets are getting equal talent back.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I saw on NBA Reddit that the Nets asked for both Brown and Tatum for KD.

Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't, but I don't know that Brooklyn's management is being reasonable at this time. And also the Gobert trade really damaged the market and it's hard to save face after that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't, but I don't know that Brooklyn's management is being reasonable at this time. And also the Gobert trade really damaged the market and it's hard to save face after that.

Do they have to be reasonable? They've got a superstar under contract who is causing this  disruption purely out of petulance, a trait he's exhibited for most of his career. I say ask for what you think he's worth in a trade and if you don't get it, let him sit the year out. It would suck if you're a Nets fan, but this wasn't management's doing. I'd respect them a lot more if they just stood up to this nonsense. 

And if anything, the Gobert trade, and it's resulting effect on the market, gives them the perfect opportunity to undercut any leverage Durant thinks he has in this scenario. 

• Like 3