First off, we have the team from Orange County, two sets of Home and Road outfits. The City Connect the Angels put out was really good and could be spun into a new home and road set, and while there are no shortage of teams that rock white, navy and red, IMHO noboy looked better than the California Angels did.

The Halos have worn the same uniforms for 20 years now, notwithstanding changes in the colour of the halo, so change is long overdue.

spacer.png

0dbe0891718ad3e6d3b14e849eae4fa0b8daa583

The cream and scarlet home and pink tinged gray road both use a modified "Angels" script as that found on the city connect, and a sleeve patch with a winged baseball, a halo and "ANAHEIM script in Barbaro Western font. The font used for the numbers and name is Maiden Orange in uppercase, and on the inside of the baselayer, is the script "THE HALO SHINES TONIGHT" in Dealerplate California, a font designed to replicate that found on Californian license plates

spacer.png

The A and script are modifications from the City Connect outfit, the winged baseball sign was inspired by a Disneyland Anaheim  sign. All the Halos have a silver sparkly effect.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Alternates are throwbacks to the California Angels, with the Dealerplate California script for the names, number and wordmark.

spacer.png

The halos for this set are also nice and sparkly, the sleeve patch is a map of Orange County in a baseball diamond, with a star above Angel Stadium and topped off with a Halo.

spacer.png

And finally, the Alt./Spring Training Jersey, this brings back the Disney Era periwinkle and pairs it with the navy from the "California Angels" set and the crimson from the "Surf Angels" set. The shirt and pants have a subtle shadow pinstripe effect and Barbaro Western is used for the name and number.

So, that's the set for the Halos. I decided not to include a red shirt in the set as it's probably the one thing most associated with Arte Moreno in terms of satorial choices, and it's a case of "how can we miss you if you won't go away?", if that red alternate ever becomes a classic.

So that's the Halos, next a trip to the desert.

C+C would be cool.

• Like 7

The set looks good with the return of the sleeve stripes.

The license plate-themed alternates are a gorgeous fauxback style! They would work great for the City jersey. I'd suggest ditching the outlines on the cap logo and really thickening the outlines on the sleeve logo.

I like the idea of the periwinkle alternate too, though I'm not feeling the addition of a *second* spurred font to the identity (including in the sleeve patch), so I recommend sticking with the other number font. Also, the sleeve patch could still stand to be red, I think, perhaps with navy outlines.

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

I decided not to include a red shirt in the set as it's probably the one thing most associated with Arte Moreno in terms of satorial choices, and it's a case of "how can we miss you if you won't go away?", if that red alternate ever becomes a classic.

Yeah, people like throwbacks, but does that make it worth ditching a perfectly good uniform? :P

I guess my ideal group here would be your cream home, pink away, red home alt, powder blue away alt, and white City alt.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the other teams you have planned!

Try adding a white outline to the logo, player name and numbers on the periwinkle alt; I think it would help everything pop much more. And maybe a new hat design to go with that alt, one that incorporates periwinkle? 

Keep up the good work! 

On 2022-06-22 at 8:49 PM, vtgco said:

The set looks good with the return of the sleeve stripes.

The license plate-themed alternates are a gorgeous fauxback style! They would work great for the City jersey. I'd suggest ditching the outlines on the cap logo and really thickening the outlines on the sleeve logo.

I like the idea of the periwinkle alternate too, though I'm not feeling the addition of a *second* spurred font to the identity (including in the sleeve patch), so I recommend sticking with the other number font. Also, the sleeve patch could still stand to be red, I think, perhaps with navy outlines.

Yeah, people like throwbacks, but does that make it worth ditching a perfectly good uniform? :P

I guess my ideal group here would be your cream home, pink away, red home alt, powder blue away alt, and white City alt.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the other teams you have planned!

Cheers! I decided to use the Barbaro font on the sign shoulder patch as I felt like the set needed a western style font, though Dealerplate California would probably have worked just as well. I'll probably do a red alt with the D.C font sometime.

On 2022-06-22 at 9:59 PM, plobrien said:

I would just pick one look and go with that, instead of basically having two different identities for one team.

Both the Surf look and the California Angels look are great, so I decided to pick the surf for the main set and the California Angels for the alt. I think two looks/identities can work for some teams, and the Halos are one of those (rare) teams. And on the set, the sparkly halo is common to both sets and they are called The Halos after all.

On 2022-06-23 at 4:16 PM, Vgkenjoyer said:

What a great start to this series. Looking forward to the rest! 

Thanks, hope the rest don't dissapoint!

On 2022-06-23 at 6:05 PM, coco1997 said:

Try adding a white outline to the logo, player name and numbers on the periwinkle alt; I think it would help everything pop much more. And maybe a new hat design to go with that alt, one that incorporates periwinkle? 

Keep up the good work! 

I'll put that one on the "to do list"

I'll Try.

And onto the next team, the Arizona Diamondbacks!

This team has one of the best logos in all of sports with it's A, and due to the team not having a wordmark that could hold a candle to that letter until the release of the Serpientes jersey this year, that logo is on all four of the shirts. The db snakehead logo is also on all of uniforms, as a patch on both shoulders for each shirt and on the stirrups.

I liked the original Diamondbacks uniforms of cream with violet pinstripes, and also the Serpientes uniforms are pretty neat, but their colours used since the team were practically forced to ditch the purple and turquoise have been pretty uninspiring save for the new City Connect. Now that it's possible to colour match better with new tech, the Diamondbacks should bring back the Arizona Teal. And there are some teams which just look wrong wearing white, so both the home and the alternate home have a cream base.

spacer.png

4709fa1a8431e040c27b8b368b4f646b1a26afe6

The home and road both have Copper Kettle, Maroon (from the city connect uniform) and Sedona Red trim, with Arizona Turquoise as a brim, baselayer, belt + background and stirrup colour. The home is cream, the road is sand. On both sleeves is a patch with the db snakehead logo, and on the inside of the baselayer is the script "Oo Arizona", from the state song.

spacer.png

c1fb2fecce7403ceb4c5104ee6c038c99a80c7e5

The Home alternative is a take on the original uniform of the Diamondbacks, with a brighter shade of Arizona Turquoise, Copper Kettle and Sedona Red used for the emblems and the name and numbers, for an even more mescaline drenched look. On the inside of the baselayer, a recoloured 1998 Diamondbacks wordmark can be found. The road alternate combines a darker shade of Violet and Sand with Copper Kettle and a bit of Sedona Red, and has the "Serpientes" script from the 2021 City Connect with the four peaks added.

spacer.png

And the alt/spring training uses the Maroon from the 2020 "Los D-Backs" set and pairs it with the warm Copper Kettle and Sand from the road for the base look and trim, offset with the cool logos and name and number using the lighter shade of Arizona Turquoise that was introduced in 2016. The logo on the front of the shirt is an abridged version of the "Serpientes" script.

Spoiler

Previousspacer.pngspacer.png11e4ed81433bd1563e16af3c525cbdbde6d6bc36

spacer.png

bc647281f81ca882ab9715dc8df5813f097ac1b0

spacer.png

spacer.png

On both sleeves of all the shirts (in order to balance out the A on the chest) is a patch inspired by Southwestern art, with the db snakehead inside a baseball diamond and another Southwestern inspired diamond. The letters BC, standing for Baseball Club, flank the snakehead, with the Diamond Creek font (also used for all the names and numbers for the uniforms.

So that's the set for the Diamondbacks, with the return of Arizona Teal.

Next, it's A Town.

C+C would be cool.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Cheers! I decided to use the Barbaro font on the sign shoulder patch as I felt like the set needed a western style font, though Dealerplate California would probably have worked just as well. I'll probably do a red alt with the D.C font sometime.

I guess I'd need to see it before I could be sure, but I imagine that a less skinny sans serif font would work better? Just something that looks good when paired with the script; I think the license plate font can live off in its own branding world, as the City Connect stylings tend to.

I really appreciate the red/teal/copper color scheme for Arizona, and the color balancing is pretty nice on the home/away/red jerseys. Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a fan of purple for the Diamondbacks, but your incorporation of red into that pinstripe alt is pretty well done.

I like the sleeve patch a lot; it's a nice composition! I wonder if it'd be better with the DB logo un-outlined, with the tongue floating separately as it does here.

Lastly, I'd suggest going with the arched name on all the jerseys.

Anyways, more good work here!

On 2022-06-28 at 12:48 AM, vtgco said:

I really appreciate the red/teal/copper color scheme for Arizona, and the color balancing is pretty nice on the home/away/red jerseys. Contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a fan of purple for the Diamondbacks, but your incorporation of red into that pinstripe alt is pretty well done.

I like the sleeve patch a lot; it's a nice composition! I wonder if it'd be better with the DB logo un-outlined, with the tongue floating separately as it does here.

Lastly, I'd suggest going with the arched name on all the jerseys.

Anyways, more good work here!

Thanks. I included the pinstripe alt as the team did win a World Series with the Cream and Violet, and decided it needed a touch of Sedona Red and the logos and name and number were the perfect place for it, and Copper works well with all four colours. Personally, Red/Teal (or "Arizona Turquoise")/Copper feels so much more Arizona than the current white, red and black the team wears and the proper reintroduction of Copper and Teal is long overdue, and Copper does a great job of compartmentalising the colours.

I like the eye shape on the current db snakehead logo and the outline does give an opportunity for more colour, but the floating tongue does look good. And you were right, arch fonts do and did work better, so all the names are arched now.

So, it's A - Town time!

I was planning on doing a Braves set, but there was the issue with the name. Simply put, after Cleveland and Washington finally renamed, I can't see  that moniker lasting much longer.

It was given to the team when they were playing in Boston well over a century ago, and that name came from the symbol of a New York based organisation. Ted Turner considered changing the name to the Eagles, and in their early history in Boston, the team went through a myriad of names before settling on Braves. And after I saw a few concepts of a touted rename, I decided to do a concept around a name that not only honours one of the all time greats, but can also tie into the history of Atlanta.

Enter The Atlanta Hammers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Named after Hammerin' Hank Aaron, the colours of navy and scarlet stay the same, but the yellow is replaced by Olympic Gold.  Instead of a Tomahawk underneath, a Railroad Spike Maul is intertwined with the Atlanta wordmark. On the inside of the baselayer, the phrase "Keep Swinging" is to be found. The stirrups have the classic striping, and are combined with red socks and alongside the caps and batting helmets, are the same across all four uniforms. I liked them too much to change them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The home alternate is inspired by of two Altanta Black Crackers uniforms, the 1940 and the 1938, and there is a blue shirt for the road alt.

spacer.png

The Sleeve Patch is a baseball diamond with a Maul and the date of the foundation of the team in Boston, and the Wordmark is the Atlanta script with the same Maul intertwined.

So that's the Atlanta Hammers. Next, it's a trip to Charm City!

C+C would be cool.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

D-Backs - I really like the new diamond emblem but I think it would be more eye catching if you incorporated at least one another color in addition to red and copper. 

Hammers - Not entirely sold on the placement of the hammer but I like the idea of it being woven into the script, similar to the birds and bat with the Cardinals. The diamond logo is very sharp! Love the "1871" inclusion. 

Keep it up!

• Like 1

On 2022-06-29 at 8:53 PM, coco1997 said:

D-Backs - I really like the new diamond emblem but I think it would be more eye catching if you incorporated at least one another color in addition to red and copper. 

Hammers - Not entirely sold on the placement of the hammer but I like the idea of it being woven into the script, similar to the birds and bat with the Cardinals. The diamond logo is very sharp! Love the "1871" inclusion. 

Keep it up!

Cheers, The Diamondbacks emblem is and does, two shades of deep red/Arizona Turquoise and a copper that works with both of those shades it pops, with three colours it absolutely pops. I added two additional colourways, the Arizona Turquoise, Sedona Red and Copper Kettle is my fave.

With the Atlanta Diamond, I was trying to get the Hammer to work as the T in ATL, eventually I gave up and just put the founation date of the team in Boston on there. I think it worked out OK. 

On to the next team, we have The Birds. All of the caps and helmets for the Orioles have the cartoon bird on them, as for me, it's the Alpha and Omega of all the cap emblems the team have worn. For the shoulder patch, I decided to show some love to the 2002-03 alternate logo, and I also gave the stanced bird an O's cap. On the inside of the baselayer, the realistic bird from '98 can be found.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The home and away use the Orange shade used between 1954-65, with the home having trim resembling the 1966 World Series winning team. The order of the trim is reversed on the change in order to keep the Gray separate from the Orange. The home has the classic white fronted panel hat, while the road gets a black cap with an orange bill.

spacer.png

a5346216cc696fb7b8c488adfdd0862a4414a89c

The birds go sleeveless for the home alternate, with a Orange sleeveless shirt with Black and White piping, and the The road alternate has the Orange front panel hat from 1976 make its comeback, and keeps the Orange and Black look with the addition of headspoon pinstripe piping and the name of the city on the front. And a pair of black pants.

So that's the O's. Next up, we go to The City on a Hill.

C&C would be cool.

• Like 1

And we now move onto the Red Sox!

spacer.png

spacer.png

The home and road bring back Dark Blue baselayers, and the home sees a return of the hooped stirrups to the uniform for better colour balance. The headspoon now has additional red piping around the neck, and the piping can be found on the sleeves and pants. On the inside of the baselayer in a stencil script is the wording "Boston Strong", and on the sleeve a pair of Red Stockings can be found.

For the road, the headspoon, sleeve and pants piping from the home is present, and the stirrups have a Dark Blue band sandwitched between the road Gray.

spacer.png

124891483e48d9782f1e3eefd1a3fbc7e97f6a1f

For the alternates, the Dark Blue becomes the home and the Red becomes the road. The home has a Red baselayer and White trim in for better colour balance when used with the hooped stirrups, and the road alt has stirrups that echo the trim on the shirt.

spacer.png

And for special occasions, a fauxback of sorts in Cream and Red, sans blue. The socks are from the 1912 team (first season in Fenway Park plus World Series victory), the cap and helmet logo is from 1936 (first appearance of a Tuscan B and the script is from the 1930 road uniform (first appearance of Tuscan Script). The piping is present, but the same cream colour as the base.

So thats the Red Sox. Up next, a trip to the Queen City!

C+C would be cool.

• Like 2

Baltimore and Boston both look great.

Atlanta's color scheme is nice but I'm not sold on the name Hammers. I get what you're saying about a name change and I'm sure you were keeping it close with the tomahawk. I'm just not sure if Hammers is it though. I also immediately think of West Ham United.

21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work on both the Orioles and Red Sox!

Thanks. I might go back and add a couple of more uniforms to the O's sets, I think an Orange jersey would be a welcome addition.

8 hours ago, Logoman. said:

Baltimore and Boston both look great.

Atlanta's color scheme is nice but I'm not sold on the name Hammers. I get what you're saying about a name change and I'm sure you were keeping it close with the tomahawk. I'm just not sure if Hammers is it though. I also immediately think of West Ham United.

Cheers. For me, The Irons also come to mind when Hammers is mentioned too.

So onto the Hornets Nest we go......

3899dd5f8d3924c84fc8417bab8b6b12b92b0deb

868d5e0000a5e600b7cbb0af6cdbe6333b88b8ad

The colour scheme I've gone for the Knights is violet and gold, a fitting scheme for the Mint and Queen City. The Cap logo, chest logo, shoulder logos and outstep stirrup logo are all taken from the Caballeros rebrand,  as I preferred that look to the wordmarks the team debuted in 2014. On the inside of the baselayer is the phrase KNIGHTS OF THE MINT CITY in Cooldnes, the same font used for the names and numbers too. The road base colour is a gray with a subtle violet tint.      

So, the actual design. I decided on a yoke, as I wanted the Knights to have a unique look in MLB and for the uniforms to have some sort of feature that brought to mind armour.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The alternate has gold pinstripes on a violet base and an all violet cap.

spacer.png

And a home alternate with pinstripes and a recoloured current Knights wordmark, with a Hornets Nest on the inside of the baselayer. This would be worn for weekend home games and might end up as the full time home if the yoked look goes down like a fart in a lift.

So thats the Charlotte Knights. Their current colours aren't bad, but they were modelled on the White Sox and if Charlotte does get an MLB Franchise, a change of colour is likely. And for me, the royal colours of Violet and Gold are fitting for a team from the Queen City.

Next, it's the City of Broad Shoulders and the neighbourhood of Lakeland.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And now onto the Cubbies!

spacer.png

eabc10b5b8403cc0e1d99f5cb84472fa5a3e4633

The home stays true to the classic Cubs look, with the emblem from 1957-78 on the chest and the cub used between 1979-93 on the sleeve. The home gets a red name and number with white outlines, and for the road, the arched script from 1943-56 can be found, along with shadow pinstripes.

spacer.png

The road alternate also uses the arched and underlined script, along with shadow pinstripes.

spacer.png

The alternate features light blue with red Wrigleyville script, names + number and MLB logo, inspired by the flag of Chicago. The municipal device with four red stars can be found on the left sleeve, and on the right is the Wrigley Field patch, recoloured with the Ivy Green, and a cub replacing the current Cubs logo. The shirt and trousers have tonal pinstripes, and trim inspired by the flag of Chicago.

So thats the Cubs. Next, it's the South Side!

• Like 2

I really like that yoke for the Knights, and the use of the Caballeros logos is a nice touch, too.

In general, my opinion has soured on “tinted” road uniforms, saying that as someone who’s tried it myself. I think I’d prefer a regular gray for most of these uniforms so far, personally. 

Other than that, these designs show a lot of creativity & willingness to try new things, so I’m looking forward to seeing where the rest of the series goes!

On 2022-07-12 at 2:49 AM, MJD7 said:

I really like that yoke for the Knights, and the use of the Caballeros logos is a nice touch, too.

In general, my opinion has soured on “tinted” road uniforms, saying that as someone who’s tried it myself. I think I’d prefer a regular gray for most of these uniforms so far, personally. 

Other than that, these designs show a lot of creativity & willingness to try new things, so I’m looking forward to seeing where the rest of the series goes!

Cheers, originally I was going to just use the usual pinstripes that Charlotte have used plently of times in the past, but decided to give something that I haven't seen on a Baseball Jersey a go. I gave the road a violet tint because I decided to go all in on the yoke, and the shade of gold used didn't go well with gray, so violent tint it was. There will be plenty of teams that I'll use road gray for.

Some teams I won't mess with too much (you can probably guess which ones these are), but there will be experimentation and new looks for quite a few.

On 2022-07-12 at 2:57 PM, coco1997 said:

Awesome work on the Knights! May I ask what number font you chose? I may want to use that for a concept I'm currently working on. Thanks!

Thanks, the number font is https://www.freefonts.io/cooldnes-font/

Onto the next team, and onto Armour Square!

a7e0064406619e792f491b905468ebb13e4b8151

d1d0075dbb8777ab4857746f40dabe7e7ecff3e3

The Chicago White Sox have had many, many looks over the years, but white with black pinstripes feels like the  look for the Southsiders, and like all the White Sox concepts here, the Pale Hose have Pale Hose. The stirrups get foward facing wings on the outstep, inspired by the 49-59 logo, and the winged sock is on the sleeve too. On the inside of the baselayer is the script "Southside". The font for the name and number is Stockport, and for the road script, we go all the way back to 1916.

d20bee5ad7339f7d6264bbc00d8f8cfa3be9a95a

The home alternate is a mostly colour-flipped version of the home, the cuffs and collar stay the same, as do the stirrups and the socks for obvious reasons.

4de771dbd5e419985cd392c73e1ba0ac19834d40

The weekend alternate takes inspiration from the 1906 uniform with its navy and cap insignia, and has the Sox emblem from 1936-38 on the chest. The pants are navy, a nod to the infamous 1977 uniform, and like the other uniforms in this set the number is on the pants, as with the 1983 Sox uniform.

c6c02cb8c53961ddb964b33b548d581faa0a174f

And like the team from Lakeview, Sox get a light blue alternate, but as opposed to the bright shade, the colour here is much more muted to compliment the black, white and gray main colours of the Southsiders. The Southside script goes across the chestband, and like the throwback alt home, the sleeve flying sock is on a home plate instead of a baseball diamond. On the inside of the baselayer, the 1983 Chicago White Sox script can be found. I originally had it as a button up jersey, but I've seen the light in terms of pullovers for Baseball teams, so its now a pullover.

Earlier Versions

Spoiler

Original Uniforms with Big Shoulders Font.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

So thats the White Sox. Next up is Cincy.

C+C would be cool.

• Like 7