2022 NHL Offseason Thread

LMU

8 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The Canucks draft a Swedish left-handed player named Elias Pettersson. Not that Elias Pettersson, mind you, the other Elias Pettersson. 😛

My favorite part is that it's not even the first time this has happened for that franchise. They had 2 players named Greg Adams in the late 80s.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Calling it right now. Toronto's goalie tandem at some point this season will be Matt Murray and Mackenzie Blackwood.

Hopefully that will also mean the end of Kyle Dubas.

The people want Campbell or Cam Talbot.

• Applause 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

On 7/8/2022 at 9:14 AM, Sport said:

Shane Wright falling to Seattle at 4 is a real coup for the Kraken. I think that may have the potential to be a franchise-starting moment. Nothing against Cooley, but I feel like the Yotes yoted that big time. 

I feel like Wright didn’t have as good of a season this last year, and so I’m not sure how well everything will transition to the NHL for him. I also think the Coyotes made a great pick with Cooley. He’s supposed to be just as electric, and I have a feeling he’s gonna have a great season at the U of M. I don’t think the Coyotes could really go wrong with either player… It’s not like they grabbed a guy projected to go in the 5th round or something 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 7/9/2022 at 12:14 AM, nash61 said:

Calling it right now. Toronto's goalie tandem at some point this season will be Matt Murray and Mackenzie Blackwood.

Hopefully that will also mean the end of Kyle Dubas.

The people want Campbell or Cam Talbot.

FXbEAxiXoAEMKfj?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Burns goes to Carolina. Kinda sad to see him go after a decade, but if I'm thinking with my head, as I should, his best hockey has been behind him for a while now. 

Now if we could just get someone to bite on either Karlsson's or Vlasic's bad contract, now we'd be cooking with gas. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

In the last two offseasons combined, Vegas has now given away the reigning Vezina winner and a point-per-game player for absolutely nothing. 🤡🤡🤡

A team modeled after the Excalibur but operated like Circus Circus.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

VmWIn6B.png

The big free agent choosing to go to Columbus is a Thing That’s Not Supposed to Happen, which is both really cool and means that a bunch of people from Real Hockey Towns are big mad on the internet. I’m excited and maybe I’ll pick up the phone the next time a Blue Jackets ticket rep calls!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

6fQjS3M.png

16 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

The big free agent choosing to go to Columbus is a Thing That’s Not Supposed to Happen, which is both really cool and means that a bunch of people from Real Hockey Towns are big mad on the internet. I’m excited and maybe I’ll pick up the phone the next time a Blue Jackets ticket rep calls!

It's never happened to us. This is easily the biggest free agent signing in team history and the sad thing is that Adam Foote might be the second biggest. That's how much this just doesn't happen to us. I can't wait to learn why he chose Columbus because I, like everyone else, am so pleasantly flummoxed. 

Now work on that Laine extension!

PvO6ZWJ.png

52 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

I'm from a so-called "Real Hockey" market, and if a bunch of them are angry, then  so be it. (I get a little pleasure out of it)  That's probably a consequence of a hard cap system and a market that may had to overpay to get certain talent. 

I saw, I came, I left.