Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XL: The Dallas Cowboys, America's Favourite LolCows**

heavybass

On 7/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, heavybass said:

Time for a diversion... let's see what happens to a team that never had to move in the first place.

HOUSTON OILERS
AM-JKLUxTlYtGhjNq173-i3ALDJHqgOMuP4bVS7a

I’m gonna insert an Option D, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Use the set quoted. 

3 hours ago, heavybass said:

"uninserts an option D"

Because change has to happen otherwise you get a stagnant look... "points to the Texans"

*points to Dallas, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Green Bay, NY Giants, Kansas City, San Francisco* 

if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

(Though admittedly, Dallas could use a little tweaking, but not a complete redesign) 

When presented with the Steel Blue/Battle Red combination, fans immediately were drawn to it like moths to a light.... explained further by Cal that Steel Blue was a combination of the team's Silver and Blue... people voted for it in droves and that is what the Oilers defined themselves as a look without changing too much of not only their stripes but their core values.

in 2003, 5 years after this change.... the team proceeded to add alternating pants and a Battle Red alt.

AMWts8BFt8Oz21Vv-5CuOdWyLVFBBIYhjJTXAzMU

AMWts8B75nJv2kQkRo5Y6pPQ6yu0WTmkWlFWie36

AMWts8AhXILK7j3vnX-P7Ht0rW7fCbYphPGJZGn6

And that concludes the Oilers of this timeline... a true America's team for the people.

• Like 2

Heavy, I owe you an apology. After some time to reflect on not only the option you ended up going with, but the way in which I expressed my opinion of your proposals, I acted like a complete airhead. I will try to do better in the future. 

That’s the best resolution for the Oilers. Well done. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

I figured I’d end up crashing through the thin ice at some point, don’t worry heavy, I’m just gonna go, that way you can continue your great work and enjoy it in the process. Having one less idiot to deal with will help I’m sure. Have a good one, and happy creating. 

• WOAH 1

Now then.... back to the concepts, I'm still on break but I wanted to get Portland started so let's do that.

"ahem"

The Portland Breakers return to the Northwest after the NFL/USFL merger had finally happened after paths to Boston and New Orleans were blocked off by the Patriots and the Saints so like many teams, the frontier beckoned and the organisation settled in Portland where the beginnings of one of the best rivalries of the modern era would begin... a rivalry with the Seattle Seahawks.

PORTLAND BREAKERS

AMWts8DTfFrsGNShGjrNkys6M7XmG_kzUnvUjzo3

Voted the USFL's cleanest look and an inspirational design for all... how would the Breakers adapt to life in the new NFL?

• Like 2

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part VI, The Portland Breakers**

Hey, only just found this! Alt-Alt-History, that is so meta 🙂 I really like some of the alternate choices you've made like the Baltimore Franchise keeping the Stars identity (it was painful to lose such a great look). Excellent work, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the other teams!

Chris

BTW - For those who want to keep track of Heavy's changes this is the original article from Uni Watch that I wrote:

What if the USFL and NFL Merged in 1987 Part I

What if the USFL and NFL Merged in 1987 Part II

What if the USFL and NFL Merged in 1987 Part III - Uniforms for 2022 A-L

What if the USFL and NFL Merged in 1987 Part IV - Uniforms for 2022 M-Z

3 hours ago, XrysD said:

Hey, only just found this! Alt-Alt-History, that is so meta 🙂 I really like some of the alternate choices you've made like the Baltimore Franchise keeping the Stars identity (it was painful to lose such a great look). Excellent work, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the other teams!

Chris

BTW - For those who want to keep track of Heavy's changes this is the original article from Uni Watch that I wrote:

What if the USFL and NFL Merged in 1987 Part I

What if the USFL and NFL Merged in 1987 Part II

What if the USFL and NFL Merged in 1987 Part III - Uniforms for 2022 A-L

What if the USFL and NFL Merged in 1987 Part IV - Uniforms for 2022 M-Z

Ah! Glad to see you found this very thread

"strolls in" Let's wrap this up shall we? In response to Seattle becoming Nike's pettle and mortar... the Breakers decided to ditch their grey pants to their alternates and becomes W/B/W and W/W/B... with W/R/R as the Alt.... if you don't believe me, have a look at this lot.

AMWts8BRuFw2YpHP6jLjel1h_VtscvPCIKEl0BMe

AMWts8AYRX66gNgkFl3CN9Uq_b1IDZm54xFpEuSQ

AMWts8CphlTTqZLpcg7dF4gkReybFUe128GT76lO

The Seahawks and The Breakers often get into bloody feuds on the field.... the Breakers are known as the Chargers of the NFC for their clean look

• Like 1