Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XL: The Dallas Cowboys, America's Favourite LolCows**

heavybass

49 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I'm in love with that royal blue. Pairing it with either the white or light blue pants would be a solid look imo.

Good thing that they can alternate between light blue and white pants if needed but yeah W/R/W is a maybe option one day.

Next up now it's time for another look at a exisiting NFL team so I figure with all the Portland/Seattle talk... I figure let's say that in the late 90's Denver wasn't the only team deep in Nikeification... what if Seattle did theirs a decade prior?

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

AMWts8BQxHCv0qAEC0PqWwVM5D0Iu9QoueUfdaRl

It all begins with a combination of their late 70's and late 90's set as you can see.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part VII, The Seattle Seahawks**

I'm pleased to see the Seahawks have got a run out in that blue in your history. In the non-mono version it's a good look for them. I'll be interested to see where this goes next - to the navy and dayglo green look, back to the royal/green look or something else!

We are going to skip the 2012 Navy and Dayglo Greens because we all know what they look like... and it's very outdated now, thankfully this thread is all about looking good so let's see what I can do...

AMWts8A4iaSXtyHEAni1s13T0SdeFc_TDDffRsfC

AMWts8BRTmh1uxs9eTd0pHUD4a3qS23-PNJF_dDI

AMWts8DQNz67WgNTLitOFsfoR5kcCwQZeWrAwslU

If I was going to do a Navy centric uniform like the Seahawks then in my brain, I would need to go back to the original blue but I figured I would darken it so it doesn't look like the Navys.... now the Action Green I'm afraid is deeply embedded into Seahawk culture thanks to the :censored: at Nike.... arguing that Wolf Grey is actually the Silver that they have been using since 1976, that would eventually become at some point the focus of the franchise.

The NFC West that they play in alongside the 49ers and the Rams is innovative but also facing off against the Gamblers and the Breakers is a way to keep rivalries fresh.

The Seahawks are concluded and I will be getting ready to do the relocated Houston Gamblers to Las Vegas... with myself having to ask special permission from @XrysD to which he gave so I am excited to see what a few decades in Sin City does to a Texas team.

• Like 1

Time for the Gamblers to get their turn in the spotlight.... the formerly Houston Gamblers spent two seasons with a good winning record before folding but like other teams, they too venture into undiscovered territories as they go westward towards a state that is eternally hot and a bad idea for a black helmet team.

LAS VEGAS GAMBLERS
AMWts8D5AiaaonjR6AqPcVwNqO679i_kYMuPnO8q

Sam Boyd Stadium would be the host for the Gamblers... a stadium that is far from the bright lights of Sin City as in the late 80's... not many stadiums exist in Nevada.

• Like 3

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part VIII, The Las Vegas Gamblers**
1 hour ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Red, Black and Silver is a good colour combo, but probably not the best one to put on a Helmet if you pla in the desert

Does the Big Roomba get built in this universe?

Oh don't worry, the hot weather will force the team to change to lighter helmets... i mean after all Nevada heat is a :censored:.

One year later and because Black Helmets are a bad idea in the desert, the team will eventually begin research into finding a black that is heat resistant allowing the team to play well in Nevada heat... of course it'll take time to find such a black.

AMWts8B0p_uDToOb2NHmdkongstckiVeiwNk4X-V

43 minutes ago, heavybass said:

One year later and because Black Helmets are a bad idea in the desert, the team will eventually begin research into finding a black that is heat resistant allowing the team to play well in Nevada heat... of course it'll take time to find such a black.

Why not just go for silver? 

• Like 1

1991 becomes an important year for the Gamblers... new ownership comes in, buys the team and has the smarts to realise that black helmets were to be a waste of time ((Well that and two players had heatstroke during the previous year)) and thus impliments the look and the style that would be Vegas's for the next 20 years.

AMWts8CpkCCz6pqjB7BmkJkvzLH6z_Qj_8JqFvmi

• Like 2

However things would go wrong in 2011 when ownership decided some changes that would become unpopular with the fanbase... a new grey that was designated as Gunsmoke, changing the red and the gold in the logo to Vegas based red and gold and finally dropping the sleeves that the team was well known for, to add in logos and red colored sleeves.... this would lead into the worse period of football for the team.

AMWts8B-ANofod5Rza2teQUmm1r45xeTJxq2flnJ

AMWts8BDdgY-nam1bfxO_MkiJtuQP1I6XHsjHhfq

• Like 1

That hypothetical fanbase must be high or something, because that gunsmoke gray is amazing.

How would it look as the primary, replacing the black, and then bringing back their original silver as the secondary color?

Also for the Seahawks I think they should have kept the Seahawk blue (applies to real life as well)

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.