2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

As far as Buffalo, with hindsight it seems more like last year was "their year" if not for Mahomes BS. I think they beat the Bengals & Rams to win their first Super Bowl. They matched up pretty well against both of them, and Allen was playing on an entirely different field of existence that playoffs.  

This year, with the injuries they had, I don't know if they even beat the Chiefs. And either the Eagles or 49ers definitely beat them handily. 

If they can stay healthy, I think Buffalo has at least 1 maybe  2 more years before they really need to worry about their window closing. 

As far as the past few years, 2017 was probably my favorite final 4. 

And I'm not saying that just because of the Patriots.  

One of the few years I wouldn't have minded if they lost because any of those other matchups (Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Minnesota) would have been hilarious. Both because no one saw them being there, and none of those teams ever won a Super Bowl before. 

56 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

That’s game. Same ‘ole Cowboys, failing to get the job done like they have for the last 28 years now. 

Wish I picked a different team when I was a kid lol

It still ain't too late for you to pick a new one...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

I do feel kinda bad for you, though. 
spacer.png

I appreciate that, brother.

At least it wasn’t a blowout like in 2009 or a heartbreaker like in 2014 or 2016 against the Packers. Maybe one day the Cowboys will actually have a good team for once, but I doubt it though. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

9 minutes ago, tBBP said:

It still ain't too late for you to pick a new one...

Can’t, as much as I wish I could sometimes, it runs too deep for me. For better or worse I’ll be a Cowboys fan until I die. 

Plus it’s difficult for me to switch teams. Once I choose the team (though I was born into being a Cowboys fan), it sticks forever. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

36 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Can’t, as much as I wish I could sometimes, it runs too deep for me. For better or worse I’ll be a Cowboys fan until I die. 

Plus it’s difficult for me to switch teams. Once I choose the team (though I was born into being a Cowboys fan), it sticks forever. 

If it helps you at all: I grew up tied and rooted into the Buccaneers, the old creamsicle post-strike Yuc version—and that was before my cousin got drafted by them (who's now in the Pro Football HoF and I believe still holds the franchise record for tackles). At the same time, once Jacksonville got their franchise in '93, that immediately became my team B. And I mean I was all ABOUT some Bucs and Jags back in the day. Shoot I still have my cuz's [replithentic] creamsicle jersey and my customized red jersey with my first initial and his number on it (because we have the same last name and all).

I say all that to say this: sometime between the time MoMo (that'd be Raheem Morris, current Rams defensive coordinator) got cut loose and Ronde Barber finally retired, I emotionally cut ties with them and really at the same time pulled my emotional investment out of being a "uberfan" of any one team in any sport. Sports is much more enjoyable that way. Sure I still have my primary teams I root for—the Jags, the Twins (until I move again), Florida State, Arkansas and VGK (and I may or may not have a few too many black-and-teal-colored items in my place and on my truck 😄)—but *sports* life has been far less stressful since that time. Which is to say: it can be done, if you truly wish. 

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 minutes ago, Unocal said:

1-10 scale, what's your excitement level for next week?

For me, it's a 4

We've already seen Bengals/Chiefs, the Arrowhead Invitational feels outdated, and the SF/PHI QB matchup sounds very TNF on Amazon

I'm about the same spot. The rematch doesn't intrigue me. And the SF-PHI matchup is probably the least interesting option out of the NFC. DAL-PHI would've been a better one. Buffalo-KC would've been the better option. But honestly it's just KC burnout. Tired of them. Don't really care at this point for them than I did a few years after Brady started playing for the Pats.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

If it helps you at all: I grew up tied and rooted into the Buccaneers, the old creamsicle post-strike Yuc version—and that was before my cousin got drafted by them (who's now in the Pro Football HoF and I believe still holds the franchise record for tackles). At the same time, once Jacksonville got their franchise in '93, that immediately became my team B. And I mean I was all ABOUT some Bucs and Jags back in the day. Shoot I still have my cuz's [replithentic] creamsicle jersey and my customized red jersey with my first initial and his number on it (because we have the same last name and all).

I say all that to say this: sometime between the time MoMo (that'd be Raheem Morris, current Rams defensive coordinator) got cut loose and Ronde Barber finally retired, I emotionally cut ties with them and really at the same time pulled my emotional investment out of being a "uberfan" of any one team in any sport. Sports is much more enjoyable that way. Sure I still have my primary teams I root for—the Jags, the Twins (until I move again), Florida State, Arkansas and VGK (and I may or may not have a few too many black-and-teal-colored items in my place and on my truck 😄)—but *sports* life has been far less stressful since that time. Which is to say: it can be done, if you truly wish. 

Did the same with the Cowboys.  Now the teams I still root for in the Rangers, Stars and Mavericks but I don't live and die by those teams and I haven't paid much attention to Rangers in the last few years because they have been terrible.  Stars and Mavericks I pay a bit more attention to as I don't watch those games until April/May.  

After looking back on it, I would have wanted to see the Jaguars continue on just to see what would have happened if they won the Super Bowl and WWE's Triple H has to give a replica WWE Championship to the Jags Tony Khan, who owns the rival AEW.  That would have been a fun storyline.

Oh well, hope for next year.  

11 minutes ago, Unocal said:

1-10 scale, what's your excitement level for next week?

For me, it's a 4

We've already seen Bengals/Chiefs, the Arrowhead Invitational feels outdated, and the SF/PHI QB matchup sounds very TNF on Amazon

A 6 I guess? 

I'm still confident the Chiefs could ruin everything & pull a BS win out their ass against the Bengals. 

But 49ers - Eagles should be good, and while I'd prefer the 49ers, I won't be too upset if the Eagles win. 

Well, this final four might be the most compelling for me, at least, in a long time. I'd be totally happy if any one of the four teams remaining won.  I'd say I'm about an 8 on the scale of excitement for next week.  

xFUdNmt.png

3 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Did the same with the Cowboys.  Now the teams I still root for in the Rangers, Stars and Mavericks but I don't live and die by those teams and I haven't paid much attention to Rangers in the last few years because they have been terrible.  Stars and Mavericks I pay a bit more attention to as I don't watch those games until April/May.  

Was a huge, huge fan of the Browns as a kid. Even with the move and everything, I stuck with them through all the bad years. When I could, I got season tickets. Sat through years of crap. Dropped my season tickets the year of 1-15 for two reasons. Had my first kid, and couldn't go to many games if any at all. Plus, I saw that 1-15 season coming. The next year, it disgusted me that fans were openly cheering for 0-16 for the #1 pick. Which was Baker Mayfield.

Was able to get season tickets again after two years without. But it was different the next time around. This offseason, though, was the end of the super fandom for me. It wasn't just DW, but just the way they a) treated Mayfield last season while injured (team and fans), and b) the way they tried to whitewash the decision to go after Watson. And then, on top of all that, the contract and salary cap hit was just nuts. I was never sold on him when he was in Houston. Before all of the that.

So, even with season tickets, didn't go to a single game this year. Sold most of them but most at a loss. Not renewing for next year. And I'm fine with it. I'll watch on TV, but the team isn't getting ticket money from me as long as Watson is there.