2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

14 hours ago, tBBP said:

Or Rolling Rock...or Iron City...

...Or maybe PNC. That's a Pittsburgh institution,  too. Shoot, it wouldn't be the first time the same company bought the naming rights to two different arenas in the same city (looking at you, Target in Minneapolis).

But beyond that...yeah, I got nothing. 

Rolling Rock hasn't been brewed in Western PA since 2006, most people in the region stopped buying it after InBev/Anheuser-Busch stopped production in Latrobe and put a lot of people out of work. Iron City doesn't have the money for any kind of naming rights.

The naming rights for PNC Park and Heinz Field were both originally up at the same time, I was surprised that PNC move their name to the football stadium, the company has grown massively since they purchased the baseball stadium rights in 1998.

12 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Rolling Rock Stadium? What’s next, this guy as the mascot?

spacer.png

You know, I don't thibk AVGN has NFL money, but I bet he has NCAA bowl game sponsorship money.

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Early Predictions

AFC East

Buffalo 13-4

Miami 9-8

New England 7-10

NY Jets 4-13

AFC North

Cincinnati 11-6

Baltimore 10-7

Cleveland 8-9

Pittsburgh 7-10

AFC South

Tennessee 9-8

Indianapolis 9-8

Jacksonville 4-13

Houston 2-15

AFC West

LA Chargers 12-5

Kansas City 11-6

Denver 10-7

Las Vegas 9-8

AFC Playoff Order

1. Buffalo

2. LA Chargers

3. Cincinnati

4. Tennessee

5. Kansas City

6. Denver

7. Baltimore

NFC East

Philadelphia 11-6

Dallas 10-7

Washington 8-9

NY Giants 4-13

NFC North

Green Bay 11-6

Minnesota 9-8

Detroit 5-12

Chicago 2-15

NFC South

Tampa Bay 13-4

New Orleans 10-7

Carolina 7-10

Atlanta 3-14

NFC West

LA Rams 14-3

San Francisco 11-6

Arizona 9-8

Seattle 6-11

NFC Playoff Order

1. LA Rams

2. Tampa Bay

3. Green Bay

4. Philadelphia

5. San Francisco

6. New Orleans

7. Dallas

xFUdNmt.png

Steelers fans are about to have company in being unhappy with their stadium renaming. Sources saying the Bengals are close to a deal for naming rights to Paul Brown Stadium. As a Bengals fan, Id be okay if they did the Chiefs route like they did with Arrowhead and have the field named with the stadium name being retained, but if they wipe out the Paul Brown name completely, its gonna be war.

Signature intentionally left blank

52 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Steelers fans are about to have company in being unhappy with their stadium renaming. Sources saying the Bengals are close to a deal for naming rights to Paul Brown Stadium. As a Bengals fan, Id be okay if they did the Chiefs route like they did with Arrowhead and have the field named with the stadium name being retained, but if they wipe out the Paul Brown name completely, its gonna be war.

Why?

I get it, my team is likely to be the last to sell naming rights. If that ever happens.

If it did? Meh. It's still Lambeau Field and the same experience, plus the team would have additional money to put toward upgrades.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Why?

I get it, my team is likely to be the last to sell naming rights. If that ever happens.

If it did? Meh. It's still Lambeau Field and the same experience, plus the team would have additional money to put toward upgrades.

Bengals fans love the Paul Brown name. A name change would have to be approved by Cincinnati City Hall and Hamilton County Commissioners as the stadium is owned by the county. Despite being a corporate sponsor, Steelers fans resonated with Heinz as (at the time it was a local company, before merging with Kraft and relocating headquarters to Chicago).  Lambeau is a name forever associated with the proud history of the Packers. Paul Brown is our Curly Lambeau. Since the Bengals have the option to purchase naming rights, they would get the money, not the county. The county pays for stadium upgrades through taxpayer money from when the stadium was built.

• Like 2

Was only a matter of time. It was always kind of weird the "cheap" Bengals left money on the table for over two full decades to keep the name clean. No fooling, this is probably because the Bengals know they're going to need guaranteed cash on hand for the Burrow and Chase extensions.

12 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

If Bengals get a sponsor for their stadium, they'll probably do what the Broncos & Chiefs did, and call it something like " ________ at Paul Brown Stadium"  

I feel like it will be, but have no evidence to back that up. P&G Field at Paul Brown Stadium doesn't sound terrible and everyone will still just call it PBS. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

I feel like it will be, but have no evidence to back that up. P&G Field at Paul Brown Stadium doesn't sound terrible and everyone will still just call it PBS. 

My favorite proposed names so far have been:

Graeter Cincinnati Field at PBS (Graeters Ice Cream)

The Jungle at PBS (Jungle Jims)

Pure Romance Field at PBS (because we already have The Tickle, TQL Stadium)

Skyline (or Gold Star) Chili Bowl at PBS

Heinz Field at PBS (to piss off Steelers fans)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Random thought, but I have this gut feeling that Tyreek Hill's comments comparing Tua and the Dolphins and Mahomes and the Chiefs are going to come back to haunt them, especially since Miami doesn't seem primed for a deep playoff run like KC is. Tua has not proven himself to be anything more than a C+ QB, and he might find himself in the same situation Baker has just in if he underpreforms. Hill saysing what he said increased pressure for a team that shoud've flown under the radar and been the surprise of the league. Now there are expectations set that I don't think Miami can live up to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Random thought, but I have this gut feeling that Tyreek Hill's comments comparing Tua and the Dolphins and Mahomes and the Chiefs are going to come back to haunt them, especially since Miami doesn't seem primed for a deep playoff run like KC is. Tua has not proven himself to be anything more than a C+ QB, and he might find himself in the same situation Baker has just in if he underpreforms. Hill saysing what he said increased pressure for a team that shoud've flown under the radar and been the surprise of the league. Now there are expectations set that I don't think Miami can live up to.

I’m not sure Hill saying what he did changed anybodys expectations.  I think it just made people look at Hill like he’s goofy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Not really shocked Patriots are going without a named OC or DC. 

I expect Belichick  will still be the "unofficial" DC, and I had always assumed with no named OC, they were going to give Mac a lot more freedom to call plays this season. 

• Like 1

OC / DC mean different things on different teams anyway.  Just like GM does.  I don't see how it matters who has what title, as long as it's clear what everyone's responsibilities are and who's in charge of what.

EDIT: titles matter because of the rule that allows teams to block their coaches for leaving for promotions on other teams.  It's hard to clearly say that something is a promotion when it may be the same responsibilities just under a different title.  But regardless, teams shouldn't be bound by any standardized job titling system as if it's just one giant corporation (which, of course, it is, but I like to pretend it's not.)

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."