MLB Redesigns and Tweaks (White Sox and Yankees Added 24/24)

Djruggs

13 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

THIS is what the Marlins should be wearing (although I don't mind the current colors)

I don't really mind their current colors either, but in a perfect world, the first rebrand never happened lol 

The Marlins look great! The only suggestion I would make would be to flip the outline colors on the white & teal jerseys, as teal & silver tend to muddle if there isn't another color to buffer between them. The outline configurations would be more consistent across the board that way, as well. 

I think a teal cap would look great for the home jersey as well, and a teal hat with a black brim would look great for the away, both being cap options they had in their original identity.

For the Mariners, I'm not entirely sold on being done with them, but my main goal was to add a bit more color into their piping. I don't particularly care for them having spoon piping as the only source of color on the jerseys with such a great color scheme.

I also went ahead and tweaked their Sunday alternates even though they don't really need anything done to them, but I had an idea in mind for a home and away set.

C&C greatly appreciated.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

• Djruggs changed the title to MLB Redesigns and Tweaks (Mariners Added 13/24)
  • Djruggs changed the title to MLB Redesigns and Tweaks (Twins Added 14/24)

The only suggestion I could think of for the Mariners would be to make the teal-brim cap the primary. I've never seen a need for them to have a completely navy cap at all, honestly. The shade of light blue on the Sunday away alternate is a little strong, too, and leans a little too green I think, but otherwise I like the idea of it.

The Twins look great! If they adopted that look tomorrow, I'd be very happy. I have a few minor quibbles though, since they are my team:

• The red-heavy wordmark & numbers looks good at home, but I do like the wordmark & numbers being navy on the road.
  • I don't think the Twins need two navy jerseys, since they look so similar, nor do I think they need a red one, although that's more personal preference. Of the two navy jerseys though, I'd probably go with the one with the Minnesota script, just because I like that one better.
  • I would also drop the red-brim cap, the Twins don't wear it anymore & it never really felt right for them.
  • I would make the top stripe on the socks white, to match the sleeves on the navy jersey.
  • I'd also go with a navy Nike swoosh on the main home & away jerseys, if it were up to me. Minnesota feels like it should be a more navy-heavy team, especially compared to Cleveland & Boston, in my opinion.

Sorry to be so nitpicky with the Twins, like I said they are my favorite team so I just have stronger opinions about them. The designs have still all been great so far, looking forward to more!

• Like 1

Also chiming in as a Twins fan, I LOVE the home whites and road grays. The gray ones are reminiscent of the 1972 season, when the Twins wore a gray, henley-style road uniform before switching to the full-pullover powder blues.

spacer.png

Like @MJD7, I've got a few minor quibbles:

• I don't think the look works as well for the navy and red jerseys as it does for the white, gray or powder.  If there's a need for an alt, I'd  consider something beyond a straight-up recolor. One idea: a road throwback to the late '90s MINNESOTA pinstripes. 
  • I love the powder blues, but they look odd to me having the road wordmark. I'm guessing you did this because powder blues were originally the team's road uniforms, but they wear them as much, if not more, as home retros these days. I'd keep the primary mark. 

Just my two cents. Nice work!

• Like 1

Made some updates to the Twins including navy swooshes (aside from the blue jerseys), home and away alts based on the late 90s red (sorry, I like them) and blue jerseys, elimination of the home blue jersey, an alternate away cap on the blue jersey, and throwback Twins wordmark back on the powder jersey.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Looks good! I probably prefer the previous red & navy alternates, and have never liked the "M" cap for the Twins, but those are both down to personal preference.

If you want the wordmark for the powder blue alternate to be more accurate to the jersey the Twins actually wear, maybe try this one out (the main sportslogos.net site is inaccurate):

hhi5r4fphe803bfco2mspfw5b.png

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, KG_grfx said:

I think rebranding the team to have a logo that draws or is inspired by the iconic Colorado "C" logo on the flag, would link them more the the state, and be worn proudly by the locals, the way the dodgers LA hat is so integrated into Los Angeles culture and style. 

Only one thing prevents that...the fact that the cap would unavoidably be frequently mistaken for the Cubs outside of Colorado.  True, they could instead go for something that took inspiration, but you're probably stuck with purple.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, KG_grfx said:

One thing I don't think anyone has successfully done yet or one that I have seen, that I would love to see someone attempt is a full rebrand of the Rockies. I'm from Colorado, and I have never been a fan of the purple. What I've always thought they should do is rebrand their colors and logo to accent the Colorado Flag, like what the nuggets did with their rebrand a few years back. If you live in Colorado or have ever been to the state, you'll know just how much the state flag is a part of the culture there. It's literally branded on everything you can think of that is local to the state. 

I dunno, I think I was pretty successful in that regard, but what do I know? :hockeysmiley:

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

17 hours ago, Djruggs said:

Made some updates to the Twins including navy swooshes (aside from the blue jerseys), home and away alts based on the late 90s red (sorry, I like them) and blue jerseys, elimination of the home blue jersey, an alternate away cap on the blue jersey, and throwback Twins wordmark back on the powder jersey.

Fantastic job with these. As someone whose formative years were the late '80s, I'll always want to see the "M" cap as part of their set. Well done. 

17 hours ago, Discrim said:

Only one thing prevents that...the fact that the cap would unavoidably be frequently mistaken for the Cubs outside of Colorado.  True, they could instead go for something that took inspiration, but you're probably stuck with purple.

I dunno, I think I was pretty successful in that regard, but what do I know? :hockeysmiley:

I actually really like what you did with yours. I wish the font the rockies used was more inspired by the denver Bears, or at least took something from that teams history. And I do agree with you on the issue of the Colorado "C" looking too similar to the Cubs logo. Some color variation would have to be there or maybe they could include a mountain in the logo to make it unique? I don't know. I've wanted to create my own Rockies rebrand for a while now, but have been hung up on little issues like that, and the right font to use for the uniform. 

• Djruggs changed the title to MLB Redesigns and Tweaks (Royals Added 15/24)

And we've arrived at the final full team rebrand: The Montreal Expos (my ideal expansion team).

Their look is largely based on their final rebrand before relocation. I also took the liberty of adding a Canada Day alternate. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The next posts will either be alternates or tweaks, but no full sets are remaining.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Djruggs changed the title to MLB Redesigns and Tweaks (Expos Added 16/24)

The first two sets of teaks without a full redesign are the Detroit Tigers and the St. Louis Cardinals.

The Tigers' home uniforms are iconic and untouchable, but their away uniform doesn't need to be a direct copy of their home uniform with slightly more color. I also wanted to give them an alternate uniform that they can wear at home that embraces the orange. 

Both of these are based on their early 90s away uniforms that utilized racing stripes, although I moved them to the cuffs.

spacer.png

spacer.png

For the Cardinals, it's a really straight forward change: city name on the away jersey and team name on the alternate home jersey.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

• Djruggs changed the title to MLB Redesigns and Tweaks (Tigers and Cardinals Added 18/24)

The next set of tweaks consists of the Blue Jays and the Dodgers.

I, like many, was happy that the Jays brought back powder blue uniforms, but I'm not crazy about the navy replacing royal blue on them. I made their powders look more akin to their old set and added a black alternate. Admittedly, there's no need for the black jersey, but my high school team had a similar uniform back in the day and I like the look, so I decided to mock it up.

spacer.pngspacer.png

For the Dodgers, there's no need to touch their home uniform, but I wanted to bring back the away and blue uniforms from the 80s and 90s with the Los Angeles script replacing the dodgers on the away jersey.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Djruggs changed the title to MLB Redesigns and Tweaks (Blue Jays and Dodgers Added 20/24)

Up next are the Cubs and the Mets.

The Cubs home is basically perfect, but their away and blue alternate jerseys are pretty bland to me. 

I based the blue jerseys off their mid 90s blue jersey and added some sleeve piping onto the aways.

spacer.pngspacer.png

For the Mets, I'm only touching their away uniform. I edited their old New York scripts to match their home script and added sleeve cuffs reminiscent of their racing stripe uniforms.

spacer.png

• Djruggs changed the title to MLB Redesigns and Tweaks (Cubs and Mets Added 22/24)

And with today's post, we've reached the end of this series.

For the White Sox, their main three uniforms are pretty iconic, but I just wanted to add a white version of their black uniforms.

spacer.png

For the Yankees, it was as simple as giving them a blue alternate.

spacer.png

• Djruggs changed the title to MLB Redesigns and Tweaks (White Sox and Yankees Added 24/24)