MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I agree @LEWJ. Very well designed. Very Seattle. Very Mariners.

Definitely! I just watched the video posted too. Great execution on the motion graphics, what a cool idea.

• Like 4

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

"The 5-pointed shield stands for the PNW"

Oh please 🙄

LMAO I just said the same thing, no its cause its a home plate. These explanations are always so goofy and really reaching.

Regardless its a great logo and done really well.

• Like 1

The biggest 2023 uniform change will be the addition of the second ad patch.

I thought I read that it was going to be on the sleeve and be on either the right or left - depending on the batter (so it'd be facing the camera as often as possible) which raises the obvious question of if teams will lose the ability to standardize any logo patches, and if the Phillies will have to lose their sleeve numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Big shoutout to the MLB for keeping unique All-Star AND Championship logos every season. Every other league seems to have fallen in the corporate vat of misery. 

would agree........ but with ads on jerseys coming,  :censored: MLB

15 hours ago, Cujo said:

Oh please 🙄

Who considers Montana and Idaho as the pacific north west. Even Alaska is a bit of a stretch but Atleast it is on the pacific and north west of everything

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cujo said:

Oh please 🙄

Was Montana ever considered part of that region? I always align them with the "Rocky Mountains" or "Big Sky Country."

The green looks a little dark in the logo. I thought I remember hearing about the Mariners brightening their Northwest Green a while back, where it looked near aquamarine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Who considers Montana and Idaho as the pacific north west. 

7 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Was Montana ever considered part of that region?

Well, for starters, a lot of trucking companies consider that whole region the Pacific Northwest...once you consider what mostly comprises the western 11, take the top half and there you go. (I know...not that anyone Cades what trucker types think, but there you go 😄)

7 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I always align them with the "Rocky Mountains" or "Big Sky Country."

That works, too. And having been out there many numerous times, well, to quote Billy Bob Thornton's character in the movie Armageddon: "it's a big-*bleep* sky."

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 hours ago, tBBP said:

Well, for starters, a lot of trucking companies consider that whole region the Pacific Northwest

If truckers and lot lizards say the PNW comprises of 5 states, who am I to argue?

6uXNWAo.png

Idaho in the Pacific Northwest is one of those things I've never gotten. Spokane isn't even really in the Pacific Northwest; how is the entire state of Idaho, which has more in common with Utah than it does with anything west of the Cascades? Dumb. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

Idaho in the Pacific Northwest is one of those things I've never gotten. Spokane isn't even really in the Pacific Northwest; how is the entire state of Idaho, which has more in common with Utah than it does with anything west of the Cascades? Dumb. 

I've got a great idea to sell Idaho, Montana, and the Dakotas to Canada.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, chakfu said:

I've got a great idea to sell Idaho, Montana, and the Dakotas to Canada.

Resource extraction? Never heard of it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫