Reverse Retro 2.0 (32/32 Canadiens V 2 Added) COMPLETE

johne9109

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (1/32 Ducks Added)

The gap between the two numbers on the back looks way too big, bringing them closer together wouldn't go amiss. And perhaps adding an outline or two to the numbers. I would also make sure the hem trim on the front and back matched too, it's higher on the back.

Overall, this is good and probably what the Ducks will do second time around.

• Like 2

Arizona Coyotes

People loved what the Coyotes did last year so I could see them going back to peyote coyote again. This time I made a white (well beige) version. I don't know if they'll actually go with this, but it's what I'd like to see. I can't see them doing an inverse of their original uniforms/current uniforms and the redesign uniforms were universally disliked. If they don't go  with something like this then I really only see them doing a recolor of the initial redesigns and I can't see that being liked

EKm30PG.png

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (2/32 Coyotes Added)

Boston Bruins

The Bruins have been heavily rumored to be bringing back the Pooh Bear uniform and I couldn't be happier. I feel like I'm one of the few Bruins fans who like this jersey. Now most concepts I see of this as a Reverse Retro make it a black jersey, but I feel like it looks a lot better as a white uniform. It was interesting trying to make the unique shoulders fit on an Adidas template, but I feel like I made it work. Whether Boston does something like this or a black uniform I'll be happy to have the Pooh Bear back

H1YG51x.png

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (3/32 Bruins Added)

Buffalo Sabres

The Sabers are a team that have kind of handcuffed themselves for. 1. They went back to their throwback uniforms  so they can't really use those for a Reverse Retro. 2. It has been said they are going to be wearing their red era uniform as a straight forward throwback so again I can't see them wearing that and a Reverse Retro of the same uniform. That leaves them with Buffaslug era which I highly doubt they'll touch and they uniforms they just switched away from. So I decided to take what they did last year and reverse that. It was a good look would be a better choice than anything Buffaslug or yellow. 

HTvezXL.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (4/32 Sabres Added)
3 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Bruins - Looks pretty good, though the numbers on the back could be closer together.

Sabres - I know your hands were tied somewhat with the Sabres, but it's a pretty good effort. I would have made the collar mostly gold though.

Yeah I've been trying with the numbers and that's as close as I can get them with the settings that I know; so if you know other settings I can try please let me know. I did the collar the way I did because of how the original looked; otherwise I probably would've went solid gold too. This is easily their best option with what they have; no one wants a gold Sabres jersey

ZUH86xc.png

Calgary Flames

The Flames have been heavily rumored to be using the pedestal uniform for their next Reverse Retro. They could go A LOT of different ways with this given the amount of colors and patterns on this uniform I want with a black base accentuated with red. I know the red helmet and pants look a bit odd wioth the black jersey but they originally wore a black helmet and pats with a red jersey so I said hey let's flip it.

6TdYZ4Z.png

But let's be honest all black would really be the way to go

H1yw5CR.png

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (5/32 Flames Added)
On 7/30/2022 at 6:27 PM, johne9109 said:

Anaheim Ducks

First off are the Ducks. So they had their fun in the first go round; I think it's time they do something serious and do a reverse of their original uniforms

7qjlzNC.png

Absolutely mighty!!! The majority of fans and concept artists are predicting that the Ducks will go to this route and it will be a hot seller!!!

• Like 1

Carolina Hurricanes 

I know I am in the minority, but I hope the Canes do another Whalers uniform. Most predictions I see are either a black version of their original uniforms or a white version of their original alternate and I'm just not into those options. There a plethora of more options when you go down the Whalers route. You could do a blue version of their original uniforms or you could recolors of their WHA uniforms. I took their redesigns from the 90's and changed them to what the Whalers should have done in the first place and kept green as the main color.  There are people who are also calling for a Hurricane colored Whalers uniform or a Whalers colored Hurricanes uniform and I think those would be disastrous. Stick with just the Whale in my opinion

Tp5GpTg.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (6/32 Hurricanes Added)

Chicago Blackhawks

Here's one of the problems with the NHL continuing to use the same teams for specialty games like the Winter Classic; teams like the Blackhawks have extinguished their resources as far as old uniforms. their original uniforms were used in a recent Winter Classic, their early 30's uniforms were used in another Winter Classic, their red and black barber pole jerseys were used for the NHL's 75th anniversary and would honestly be a mess if reversed and then their late 40's/early 50's were used last years reverse retro.  Now that design could be used again and be made into a red uniform, but people have been clamoring for black jerseys for the Blackhawks so I took their original version of what would become their current uniforms and made that into a black uniform

CbgpGNK.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (7/32 Blackhawks Added)

Colorado Avalanche

With it being rumored that the Devils are going to be doing something Kansas City Scouts I think that was a little way of them sating that the Avs can't use the Rockies imagery. I could be totally wrong, but that's the way I took it. So for the Avalanche I took what they did last year and made a dark uniform. If it were up to me I would have them in a blue uniform (closer to the original Nordiques), but based on how they colored their Reverse Retro last year I went with a maroon uniform instead

sOCyy7v.png

Here's what it'd like in blue (I'd still prefer this)

hR8dToc.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (8/32 Avalanche Added)

Columbus Blue Jackets

The Columbus Blue Jackets are another team that don't really have a lot of options for them. They did their original uniforms for their original Reverse Retro and their current alternate can't be considered a retro uniform (even though a cream version of that NEEDS to happen). I looked at some other teams that have been in Columbus, but there weren't any I saw that the Blue Jackets imagery could translate well to so I decided to take their original alternate and make it into a white uniform. 

rLC3ufC.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (9/32 Blue Jackets Added)

Dallas Stars

I think the best thing for Dallas to do is to fix their mistake from last year. While I didn't mind the full white out look; on it's the jersey was garbage. So I just brought in their current victory green. I know a lot of people want to see the Mooterus, but I just don't think Dallas will dare touch that design again

9azJN2C.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (10/32 Stars Added)

Detroit Red Wings 

I don't know what Detroit was thinking last go around, but they easily have tons that they can go off of. I decided to use their original uniform with the old English D. They did an updated version of this uniform for a Stadium Series, but haven't done a straight throwback like this.

JOfOT42.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Reverse Retro 2.0 (11/32 Red Wings Added)

Colorado Avalanche

So a friend brought to my attention for the Avs is what if they use the unused Nordiques design and I was really inspired by that idea. This one is just for fun and I don't think they'll do it, but man it would be really cool if they did

klk6kRd.png

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

Edmonton Oilers

The Oilers have been all but confirmed to be bringing back the McFarlane uniform; the question however is will it be a white uniform or will it use the current colors? I went with the current colors, but it easily could be a white jersey as well. 

OMkGtvD.png

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

Florida Panthers

I did this concept a while ago (this is why the numbers on the back are so far apart), but it's still what I think is what the Panthers are going to do. I think they're gonna take their 2009 alternate and give it the current colors. I went with a red base due to the fact that they did a blue jersey last go around, but it easily could be another blue jersey or even a white jersey

wJB6KXX.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png