NFL Tinted Series (Colts & Broncos added)

Discrim

So in the 2022 NFL changes thread, @CDCLT has been vocal about thinking it should have been the Browns who tried an off-white road jersey, not the Rams.  Dude's got a point.  I think there are at least a couple teams bone would work for...neither of them are the Rams.  This isn't the first time I've made cream football concepts, but it's admittedly been a minute...so I give you the Browns in not only cream road jerseys but with cream stripes and numbers on the brown jerseys.  I figure one thing, if this turns into a series, I'm probably not doing the whole league...there are some teams where something like this frankly wouldn't work.  For the most part, I'm likely mostly gonna post off-white jerseys here, as during the thought experiment phase, there emerged more than a few teams I thought could pull off at least two off-white shades.  There are also a few shades I'm thinking of that would actually not be based on team colors, but might end up working in a strange way anyway.  

brownstintedconcept.png

• Like 11
  • Love 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

In my mind's eye, I'm seeing several ways I can do this with some teams, and at that more than a few unexpected directions, some teams I might skip, some throwback versions I might sneak in, and I finally realized why I hate the Mariners' fauxbacks: the shade I'll call MLB cream is too yellowish to work with royal/yellow gold effectively (and would look horrible with their regular colors if they were ever dumb enough to go down that road).  Something more blueish would have been a much better choice.  As an example, I'll likely use the cream shade from the Browns set for the Bears, but it would look awful on the Cowboys.

This all said, thanks so far, Saints and Bears likely coming up later tonight.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Saints throwback/color rush...on top is a gold tint, on the bottom is one of the "not a team color" shades I mentioned, a mint green tint...why green?  Mardi Gras, and a purple tint might look too much like what I intend to do with the Ravens.

saintstintedconcept.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

• Discrim changed the title to NFL Tinted Series (Saints and Bears added)

I figured I'd use an orange-tint for the top, and try a blue tint on the bottom.  To change things up a bit, figured I'd show the blue tint version with matching pants.

bearstintedconcept.png

• Like 6

2016cubscreamsig.png

I debated with myself on whether I should skip this next team or not, and curiosity won out, so here go the Steelers.  The tints used here are both intended to hint at steel in a couple disparate states...on top, a warm, molten tint...granted, actually trying to capture the distinct hues of molten steel would probably require a gradient, thus the talking up of a standard, yellow-orangish cream (though not as completely orange as the Bears version); on the bottom, a blue-gray tint, steel in its cooled, ready to build state, if you will.  Oddly enough, I like the warm cream here a lot more than I thought I would, mostly because gold doesn't get as lost here as it has a maddening tendency to when paired with warm cream shades.

steelerstinted.png

• Like 5

2016cubscreamsig.png

On 8/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, Discrim said:

I debated with myself on whether I should skip this next team or not, and curiosity won out, so here go the Steelers.  The tints used here are both intended to hint at steel in a couple disparate states...on top, a warm, molten tint...granted, actually trying to capture the distinct hues of molten steel would probably require a gradient, thus the talking up of a standard, yellow-orangish cream (though not as completely orange as the Bears version); on the bottom, a blue-gray tint, steel in its cooled, ready to build state, if you will.  Oddly enough, I like the warm cream here a lot more than I thought I would, mostly because gold doesn't get as lost here as it has a maddening tendency to when paired with warm cream shades.

steelerstinted.png

I prefer the gray one here, just really gives that steel vibe

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

• Discrim changed the title to NFL Tinted Series (Steelers, Bucs & Saints II added)
On 8/9/2022 at 7:28 PM, Coiler said:

The Saints one weirdly would look better in my eyes if the whole helmet was changed to the same mint green color as the uniform.

You know what?  I was intrigued by the idea and gave it a shot.  Throwing in a purple tint just to show it off.

saintstintedconcept2.png

Staying in the NFC Souf, I give you the first of my threatened uses of bone...naturally, it's the guys with a skull in their logo.  Also tried out a pale creamsicle tint...which is nearly identical to the warmer cream used for the Steelers, but whatever.

bucstinted.png

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

13 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

I like the Bucs Uniforms. Have you tried doing the Creamsicle with cream and Bucco Bruce? It seems only natural.

Yeah, that's probably coming.

Tonight, though, the Vikings, in both the modern look and the first concept-like thing I'm electing to do, not counting the mint Saints helmet-a tweaked version of the Moss era roads, in that the current viking head and number font are used.  If I'd used a yellow cream, I probably would've changed the sleeve stripes on the modern set to match the pants stripes, in case you're wondering.  

vikingstinted.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

17 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Yeah, that's probably coming.

Tonight, though, the Vikings, in both the modern look and the first concept-like thing I'm electing to do, not counting the mint Saints helmet-a tweaked version of the Moss era roads, in that the current viking head and number font are used.  If I'd used a yellow cream, I probably would've changed the sleeve stripes on the modern set to match the pants stripes, in case you're wondering.  

vikingstinted.png

Think a light yellow or maybe a steel gray would look good here

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

• 3 months later...

Been meaning to get back to this, but life happens.  Anyway, I give you three for the price of two :D 

I've known what I wanted to do with the Cowboys since I conceived this idea...in this case, I went with giving their normal whites and throwbacks a tint alluding to the old metallic blue, and honestly, I easily could have done this but with the navy jersey or the double star jersey.  

cowboystintedconcept.png

Two for one with the Packers...went with a cream version and a mint green version...took the cream from the Rebirth of a Legend patch, and I gotta say this manages to work well with gold.  Then there's mint green, which is its own flavor, so to speak.

packerstintedconcept.png

Packers #2...the same deal, but with matching helmets in case anyone's interested in that sort of thing.  I debated mentally on whether I should make the G tinted, but give it a gold outline or what I ended up doing, making the G gold.  I'm honestly not sure I made the right call there, but we'll see.  The funny thing is this isn't even the first time I've done a cream Packers helmet.

packerstintedconcept2.png

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

• Discrim changed the title to NFL Tinted Series (Packers & Cowboys added)
2 hours ago, Discrim said:

Been meaning to get back to this, but life happens.  Anyway, I give you three for the price of two :D 

I've known what I wanted to do with the Cowboys since I conceived this idea...in this case, I went with giving their normal whites and throwbacks a tint alluding to the old metallic blue, and honestly, I easily could have done this but with the navy jersey or the double star jersey.  

cowboystintedconcept.png

Two for one with the Packers...went with a cream version and a mint green version...took the cream from the Rebirth of a Legend patch, and I gotta say this manages to work well with gold.  Then there's mint green, which is its own flavor, so to speak.

packerstintedconcept.png

Packers #2...the same deal, but with matching helmets in case anyone's interested in that sort of thing.  I debated mentally on whether I should make the G tinted, but give it a gold outline or what I ended up doing, making the G gold.  I'm honestly not sure I made the right call there, but we'll see.

packerstintedconcept2.png

That first cream look is best for Green Bay in my opinion

ZUH86xc.png

Tonight's offerings need saddles :D first, the Colts...figured some Indy 500 inspiration was in order, so a less intense mint green than I'd used for the Saints and Packers in honor of the starting flag, and then a milky cream in honor of the bottle of milk the race winner traditionally drinks post-race.

coltstintedconcept.png

Broncos...on top, pale sky blue, one of the few things higher than Denver :D on the bottom, the cherry blossom pink tint inspired by Denver's Japanese American community.

broncostintedconcept.png

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

• Discrim changed the title to NFL Tinted Series (Colts & Broncos added)