Tennis

TrueYankee26

11 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I have nothing to say about tennis, but I do appreciate the succintness of this thread's title. Well done. 

Sometimes that's all you need.

Well over thirty years ago, I was playing a game of Trivial Pursuit with a group that included my then-girlfriend (later wife, now ex-wife but still friend), and the question that I had to read to her was something along the lines of: "What player set the National Hockey League record by [a detailed description of some particular feat]?"  My girlfriend had a blank expression, and then said "Gretzky?" Which was of course correct.  I later told her that I suspected that what she had heard as I was reading the question was: "buzz buzz buzz hockey buzz buzz buzz"; a suspicion which she confirmed.

• LOL 3

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Turn out the lights, the party's over
They say that all good things must end
Call it a night, the party's over
And tomorrow starts the same old thing again

What a crazy, crazy party, never seen so many people
Laughing, dancing, look at you, you're having fun
But look at me I'm almost crying
But that don't keep her love from dying
Misery, 'cause for me the party's over

Once I had a love undying, I didn't keep it wasn't trying
Life for me was just one party and then another
I broke her heart so many times, had to have my party wife
And then one night she said, "Sweetheart, the party's over"

Goodbye Serena 😭

I love tennis and I really should watch it more often. Tried to go to the WTA event here in Cincinnati a few weeks back and it got rained out. But had a hell of a good time watching Serena's last match on Friday and Tiafoe taking down Nadal yesterday. I've been waiting for Tiafoe to put it all together like that for a long time. We are in desperate need for a rockstar American player in men's tennis again and I think he could be that guy. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

I love tennis and I really should watch it more often. Tried to go to the WTA event here in Cincinnati a few weeks back and it got rained out. But had a hell of a good time watching Serena's last match on Friday and Tiafoe taking down Nadal yesterday. I've been waiting for Tiafoe to put it all together like that for a long time. We are in desperate need for a rockstar American player in men's tennis again and I think he could be that guy. 

We have been waiting for the next generation to step up against the likes of Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic.  In any other era, the likes of Andy Murray and Stan Wawrinka would have won at least five majors instead of three. 

I went to the US open three years ago, and I enjoyed it. I had only the grounds pass, so i could not get into Arthur Ashe, but I could go to all the other courts. For me,  it was more enjoyable being up close at the outer courts especially during doubles matches.

I saw, I came, I left.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...