The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series 9/9) (Expansion Teams 3/3) (COMPLETED with compilation images)

Djruggs

About 8 years ago, I created uniform sets for all 9 CFL teams as well as a league-wide alternate program. Unfortunately, the uniforms in the league have only gotten worse over time, so I'm back to mockup some new looks. Unlike last time, I didn't mockup new templates to match their uniform provider's templates since the New Era uniforms are awful and look cheap. Given that Nike seems to be the only logical next step, I decided to go with them.

Throughout this series, all uniform elements (helmets, jerseys, pants, socks) are designed to be interchangeable throughout the uniform sets unless otherwise stated or part of a throwback set (should I decide to mock some up). 

I also plan on doing a league-wide alternate program once all main uniforms have been completed.

Up first is the Toronto Argonauts. The Argos suffer from boring jerseys. For some reason, New Era decided to just completely remove any design elements from the jerseys and opted to make them look like the Toronto Raiders. The uniforms I mocked are heavily influenced by their 1975 uniforms, however, I did carry over the blue numbers on the home uniforms.

C&C always appreciated.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

Up next, we have the Montreal Alouettes. Although I might've preferred their previous identity, I actually really like and appreciate their redesign from 2019, although I had some ideas on how to spruce it up a bit. This season, they announced a revamped (and improved) helmet, so I decided to base the design elements on the new stripe. I also threw in a throwback for good measure.

C&C appreciated as always.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 9

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Als added 2/9)

Up next, we have the Edmonton Elks. For the Elks, It's a bit of a mix of some old and new. I didn't want to completely reinvent the wheel with them, but I did want to bring back the option for an alternate horns helmet as well as incorporating the horn football logo into the pants stripe as opposed to being on the sleeve and a repeating logo down the pant legs.

C&C always appreciated.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Elks added 3/9)
  • Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Riders added 4/9)
2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm intrigued to see what you do with the rest of the league. Ottawa unveiled a RoughRiders 'R' style helmet with stripes that looks amazing and should be the full time helmet IMO. 

It's funny you should say that.

Up next we have the Ottawa RedBlacks. Very straight forward rebrand for Ottawa: make them the evolution of the RoughRiders.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (RedBlacks added 5/9)
  • Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Stamps added 6/9)
22 hours ago, Le Québécois said:

Although I think the MontréALS touch is very clever, it changes the official name of the city! I can't imagine writing New Yorks or Vancouvers on a team uniform would fit!

But these uniforms are very beautiful! Very clean!

I thought about that, but believe it or not, it's an official wordmark from the team! I thought it was an interesting play on the city name and team name so I decided to include it

On 9/30/2022 at 11:56 AM, Djruggs said:

It's funny you should say that.

Up next we have the Ottawa RedBlacks. Very straight forward rebrand for Ottawa: make them the evolution of the RoughRiders.

My ONLY nitpick is that the helmet logo should be a bit bigger IMO. Maybe a red facemask instead of the white. I would also want the pant stripes to match the helmet stripes. I'm just a stickler for that detail.

Otherwise, these are top notch. 

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Lions added 7/9)

The second to last team is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Nothing crazy here, just some simplifying of their existing look. I made the sleeve stripes a more traditional Northwestern Stripe, took away the blue yolk on the away jersey, added an option for white pants, and created a color reversed set with gold jerseys.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Bombers added 8/9)

For the final team, we have the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. For the TiCats, it's a healthy mix of old and new. I wanted to expand on what I did for my last CFL endeavor, but still bringing in new options such as white pants and a yellow jersey.

I've decided to also revive the Signature Series uniforms as I thought it was an interesting way for teams to get a little weird with their uniforms, and in a series of fairly traditional uniforms, I think it will be a fun exercise. 

C&C greatly appreciated, and if anyone has any ideas for the signature series, please sound off below.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Tiger-Cats added 9/9) (Signature Series coming soon)

For the first signature series uniform, we have the Toronto Argonauts. Much like the CFL's last go around 2013, the signature series will be using a different jersey template, this time being Nike's Vapor Fusion template introduced to Oregon in 2020.

For this series, the goal is to have non-traditional uniforms within reason. Given that the Argos have had many classic looks, I decided to draw inspiration from their sleeve striping that they wore for the majority of the 2010s and transform it into a pseudo Steelers style yolk.

C&C always appreciated.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series Argos Added 1/9)

Next up in the signature series, we have Montreal. I really liked how the Als incorporated their old logos into their new identity, so I focused their uniforms on these and used design elements from their early 60s uniforms.

C&C always welcome.

spacer.png

• Like 1

• Djruggs changed the title to The CFL by Nike (Main uniforms 9/9) (Signature Series Als Added 2/9)