2022 NHL Redesign -- Seattle Kraken (10 of 32) -- Added 3/10/2023

Philly's Phinest

San Jose Sharks (9 of 32)

Next up is San Jose. Maybe it's the 90s in me, but I love the color teal. One thing that I wanted to do with this design was to bring more black into the uniform. While I love teal, there is such a thing as too much (i.e. current Sharks). So I darkened this design with a bit of black on the sleeves and the waist. Teal home, white away, black alt and a funky heritage. Numbers are all simple block. Didn't get too crazy there. Shoulder patch is the modernized shark fin on the home and away. I opted for no patch on the alt or heritage, as it was too much imo. The black alternate brings in a curved striping which is a nod back to the early Shark days, but not 100% similar. Same goes for the heritage. Lots of love for the current Seals / Sharks unis they sport, but I didn't want to go full on copycat with it so I played around with some unconventional striping. I wanted to go for a look that could've passed in the 70s with those colors. Enough said - hope you enjoy my rendition of the San Jose Sharks!

cCDRmUX.png

GE1K5Ur.png

Vppr71A.png

bzMIxjj.png

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Philly's Phinest said:

San Jose Sharks (9 of 32)

Next up is San Jose. Maybe it's the 90s in me, but I love the color teal. One thing that I wanted to do with this design was to bring more black into the uniform. While I love teal, there is such a thing as too much (i.e. current Sharks). So I darkened this design with a bit of black on the sleeves and the waist. Teal home, white away, black alt and a funky heritage. Numbers are all simple block. Didn't get too crazy there. Shoulder patch is the modernized shark fin on the home and away. I opted for no patch on the alt or heritage, as it was too much imo. The black alternate brings in a curved striping which is a nod back to the early Shark days, but not 100% similar. Same goes for the heritage. Lots of love for the current Seals / Sharks unis they sport, but I didn't want to go full on copycat with it so I played around with some unconventional striping. I wanted to go for a look that could've passed in the 70s with those colors. Enough said - hope you enjoy my rendition of the San Jose Sharks!

cCDRmUX.png

GE1K5Ur.png

Vppr71A.png

bzMIxjj.png

Overall great set, but I really love the Seals fauxback

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

For the Sharks, I'd love to see it the H/A sweaters in the same striping as the black set, I always loved that look for the Sharks.

Wild: It seems almost too plain with the red gone, maybe bring it back as a trim/spot color to help things pop?

Caps: Love the look, wonder if an outline on the numbers would improve it.

Canucks: Beautiful and I don't even like that team!

Bruins: I love the throwback gold B and think it'd be a great look on the whites too.

Bolts: I think that using the old school blue on the H/A/3 jerseys would be even better than the Leafs Blue they use.

Panthers: Purr-fect!

Sens: Also perfection, way to go!

Kings: I can't stand this team but man you make them look good. I wish they'd go back to the forum blue and gold, but still solid here!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Seattle Kraken (10 of 32)

Back at it after a little hiatus. I'll start this by saying - Seattle has some of my favorite unis in all of the NHL. I didn't want to stray far from what they currently have, but I played around a bit with the sleeve striping and pattern. I also introduced a dark shoulder yoke on both the away and alternate. I've kept all their primary colors intact and brought in a light blue alt third jersey. For the heritage, I got a little weird. I brought in a gradient to the bottom of the sleeves and numbers. It's different, but wanted to a little outside the box compared to a lot of Kraken concepts I've seen. Brought the anchor / Space Needle logo to the front crest to pay homage to the city and moved the S to the shoulders.  Hope you enjoy my version of the Kraken! 

xc5BDIO.png

7FFa0y3.png

QVemmaP.png

90Iikwg.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Philly's Phinest changed the title to 2022 NHL Redesign -- Seattle Kraken (10 of 32) -- Added 3/10/2023