2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

On 11/8/2022 at 11:20 PM, habsfan1 said:

Why?

As a fan, I’m not a fan. This was my problem with Phillips getting his number retired. It just opens up the floodgates for fringe guys getting their numbers in the rafters. I’ve even heard people around the team saying that Craig Anderson should be up there next. 

There is also a ring of honour at the CTC, which is where guys like Neil & Phillips belong. They were loyal & did a lot for the community, but that doesn’t warrant a number retirement in my eyes. Would I have been upset if a new player tried to wear 11 after Alfie left? Absolutely. Would I have felt the same way if a player tried wearing 4 or 25? Not really. 

Of course all the gatekeepers on Twitter & Reddit would say I’m not a real fan for disagreeing with the decision. 

Of course Bruce Cassidy would be the one to finally end the Bruins 14 game undefeated streak at home. 

Down 3-0, Bruins  still put up a hell of a fight to force OT and then a Shootout. Quite the accomplishment against the #1 team in the West. 

At least they can say that the Bruins are still undefeated at him in regulation