2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

So Patrick Kane got dealt for two conditional picks, where Tanner Jeannot got moved for FIVE draft picks??

So who got fleeced more, the Blackhawks or the Lightning? What a ridiculous trade market…

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The Rangers invoked the NHL's "you have to do whatever it takes to help the Rangers" clause and got a team's Mount Rushmore player for a second-round pick. That's cool. 

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

44 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Rangers invoked the NHL's "you have to do whatever it takes to help the Rangers" clause and got a team's Mount Rushmore player for a second-round pick. That's cool. 

And they and the coyotes are paying all but 2 million of his salary. Just why? I know Kane didn’t want to play there anymore but there wasn’t anyone with a better offer? I know the leafs were chomping at the bit for him.

Kane had a no-move clause, which nuked the Hawks' leverage, so honestly, the Hawks should have just not moved him. It's a bigger indignity to send him away and admire him from afar like he's Ray Bourque. He won the Cup three times. 

Wait, the Coyotes are in this deal to take on dead money? Never change.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I never grew all that fond of Gavrikov's game and he was going to leave after the season anyways so whatever. Korpisalo is the one that is hard to watch leave. He was one of the last ties to the good teams and he's a better goalie than Elvis Merzlikins . It sucked that whenever he got hot he would then get injured, but he can be a solid goaltender if he's healthy. Middle to late first rounder? Sure. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, speedy said:

Pastrnak signs for 8x11.25 and Bertuzzi to Boston for a 1st/4th. Sweeney cooking this morning. 

This pleases me.

• Like 1
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 2/28/2023 at 10:16 PM, the admiral said:

I mean he had a full no-trade clause & made it pretty clear that the Rangers were the only team he'd be willing to waive it for, so Drury had the Hawks bent over a barrel. I suppose they could have kept him out of spite & lost him for nothing in the summer, but that just hurts everyone involved.