NHL Uniform Concepts - FINAL WORDS

edjb93

19 hours ago, edjb93 said:

I have only few teams left: Bolts, Caps, Kraken, Golden Knights, and Avs. This series might extend to next year because of the holidays.

While this series takes on a holiday break, I'd love to know what would you like to see on my concepts for these 5 remaining teams, and if there are concepts that need an update. I also would like to know what are your thoughts on what I've unveiled so far.

Until then, merry Christmas and happy holidays, y'all! 🎄🕎🎁

Please give the Kraken some sort of tribute or throwback to the Metropolitans.

• Like 1

Thanks for your suggestions, so far. Greatly appreciated!

You may have observed that I did not include the Jets on the list. That's because I already have a design for the home, road, and alternate, with Reverse Retro being the only one's not yet created (actually I had one, but I went with a different direction).

I have an update for y'all, I'm already done with the Jets, Capitals, and Kraken. Here's a sneak peek for these concepts that I'm going to unveil next year:

• Jets:
    • Home and Road: Inspired by the knockoffs before the official design came to reality
    • Alternate: It stays (yes, THAT throwback alternate)
    • Reverse Retro: Manitoba Moose
  • Capitals:
    • Home and Road: Completely new design with some traces of the Cap's vintage uniforms and the flag of DC
    • Alternate: My take on the Screaming Eagle jersey
    • Reverse Retro: A recolored version of one of the jerseys worn during Ovi's first years in the league
  • Kraken:
    • Home and Road: Tweaks to their current ones
    • Alternate: Inspired by Z89's concept
    • Reverse Retro: Not yet created, but will most likely go with the Seattle Metropolitans

Anyway, I hope you'll look forward to these concepts once 2023 comes! 😉

Meanwhile, what do you think about my take on the Sens? It's on the previous page, you can check it out:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B-mer said:

Had the same idea for the Sharks home and road, though teal numbers on the road. I made it for EA NHL and I feel like it’s pretty much perfect for them. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for bringing these to life... even if they're on a video game! 😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuckDancer said:

For me, the home and road for the sens are good, but I always preferred their roman look over the barberpole/O branding. Still don't know why the sens have yet to make a reverse retro of their 2000-07 black third but in red.

I chose not to go with the Sens' 2000-07 black alternate for my Reverse Retro since there are lots of concepts out there that did this exact thing, so I went way back. But make no mistake, that black jersey is a great base for RR.

Since the barberpole was mentioned, I'm thinking about a different approach for the Metropolitans-inspired RR for the Kraken. With that being said, do you guys want a red and green version or the one that uses the current color palette? I actually prefer the second choice, though, for nostalgia's sake, the first choice might be the more preferred option.

WINNIPEG JETS

Since I just gave a clue on what to expect for Jets, I'll just relay 'em here. The home and road jerseys are based on the knockoff design seen online before the unveiling of the official jerseys in 2011. Don't get me wrong, I like their current jerseys, but the inconsistent striping on the sleeves and the tail is my only nitpick.

I retained their current alternate uniform (used for the 2019 Winter Classic), but I eliminated the jet logo on the pants since it's not present on the original WHA uniforms.

Since I mentioned above that my take on the Reverse Retro for the Jets is inspired by Manitoba Moose, I picked the Moose's final uniform design before becoming the St. John's Ice Caps in 2011 and returning eventually in 2015. The Air Force badge logo adorns the front, and yes, the Moose's iconic number font makes its NHL debut.

CvNJU32.png

lXiITwQ.png

TcELkHz.png

PufdHkk.png

• Like 1

WASHINGTON CAPITALS

The Caps' first uniform design and the flag of Washington, D.C. are the inspirations for my new home and road uniforms. Y'all might observe that I used the Screaming Eagle as the shoulder logo (albeit recolored), and it replaces the Weagle.

The same Screaming Eagle becomes front and center on a jersey once again, but this time, it's on the alternate jersey. This is my take on the Caps' 90's uniforms, with some modern touches like the two red stripes inside white panels (inspired by the flag of D.C.).

As a tribute to Alexander Ovechkin's milestones in the 2022-23 season, which includes ranking second on the all-time list of leading goal-scorers in NHL history, passing Gordie Howe on the same list, I went with a white version of the black jersey that Ovi wore during his first two years in the league.

IoGZiPA.png

Vnlr1W8.png

dOZSmZa.png

11Usx0V.png

• Like 4

• edjb93 changed the title to NHL Uniform Concepts - Double W for the New Year
On 1/3/2023 at 7:22 AM, edjb93 said:

Before I post my Kraken concept, what are your thoughts on the Jets and the Caps?

As far as the Kraken Reverse Retro is concerned, I picked the current palette over the red and green of the Metropolitans.

On the Caps main set, the navy being the bottom stripes makes the whole uni feel weighted down with all red up top (including the helmet, and navy by the waist only.

I like the Manitoba Moose stylings for the alternate, but there are some secondary logos that should never be the main crest, and the Jets have one of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jdavidev said:

On the Caps main set, the navy being the bottom stripes makes the whole uni feel weighted down with all red up top (including the helmet, and navy by the waist only.

I like the Manitoba Moose stylings for the alternate, but there are some secondary logos that should never be the main crest, and the Jets have one of them.

First off, thanks for these comments. I truly appreciate your observation.

For the Caps, their original red-white-and-blue jerseys were indeed heavily leaning towards blue on the tail end of the concept jersey, so I copied that kind of style.

As for the Jets, as much as possible, I don't want to use their primary logo on my RR concept, so I went with the alternate logo we're seeing above. What would be the better option for the front crest?

Nevertheless, I'm just appreciative that you made this critique.

SEATTLE KRAKEN

I'm a fan of the Kraken's home and road uniforms, so I decided to retain the current design but give it a minor tweak, specifically on the hem stripes.

The alternate concept I made was inspired by the work of Z89. On my version, there's no red on any part of the uniform, except for the primary logo applications on the helmet and shoulders. I also heard somewhere that fans wanted the anchor logo to be a front crest, so... wish granted, I guess?

I know that everyone of us anticipated a Seattle Metropolitans throwback or Reverse Retro, but we were treated with something different. So I went to take the Metropolitans inspiration by myself and apply the current color palette. I wanted a gradient style for the RR jersey, since a barberpole-style jersey might not work today. Based from the result, it kinda looked like a Metropolitans-Ironmen mashup. Finally, I paired this jersey with ice blue pants.

kICO3UB.png

AA4gH0P.png

VZGNmAT.png

ed3awIb.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• edjb93 changed the title to NHL Uniform Concepts - Release the Kraken

COLORADO AVALANCHE

The 2022 Stanley Cup champions should've never changed their overall look from the beginning, even with the changes in the manufacturer and template. However, the elimination of black resulted to an even cleaner look for the Avs. Therefore, I merged their two mountain range uniform designs in team history, and made some corrections to their look, such as pairing the white jersey with burgundy pants while retaining the burgundy-blue jersey-pants combo. I originally planned to make the NOBs straight, but with the shoulder shape, I guess the arched NOBs would suit well.

On the alternate, I eliminated all traces of navy and used the regular blue instead. It still features the current alternate jersey logo, but the sleeve pattern is now changed and the tail striping is modified too.

My choice for the Reverse Retro is an easy one: the Avs' first alternate jersey but in black.

3yimBEg.png

CHGufY7.png

LxdFaQ9.png

5cs8MFg.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

• edjb93 changed the title to NHL Uniform Concepts - Welcoming Back the TRUE Mountain Range

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS

Since the Golden Knights are relatively new to NHL like the Kraken, I only made tweaks to their current uniforms. Most notably, the striping on the sleeves and the hem are now matching with each other. Also, I made their steel gray jerseys the home once again, because I have something different for the gold jerseys...

...where I made a Las Vegas Thunder-inspired alternate. The V-shaped striping is still there, but with some decorations to mimic the screws of a knight's armor or the circular LED bulbs found almost anywhere in Vegas, specifically the Welcome sign. Fittingly, this jersey is paired with a gold helmet. I made the NOB and the numbers black, because it reads better than steel gray from afar.

Since the Golden Knights had paid tribute to the Thunder before, I thought it's time to put up an homage to the Las Vegas Wranglers of ECHL. And so, my take on the Reverse Retro is the Wranglers' dice-laden alternate uniform. Almost every red element on the uniform has been replaced with gold, and I opted to pair this with the same aforementioned gold helmet instead of a black helmet. I could not find the actual number font from that jersey, so I went with the Miami Hurricanes' number font.

h6nVX3H.png

utRhhQQ.png

J0hutTB.png

Fp0F6mX.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• edjb93 changed the title to NHL Uniform Concepts - Vegas GOLD