Saintsfan's word on thew new NFL season

Saintsfan

let downs

Washington Redskins I am not buying into the Gibbs as saviour talk. Another long year for the Skins.

Dallas Cowboys Parcells is putting his faith in an ancient backfield, He might learn to regret it!

Pittsburgh Steelers Maybe its time for Cowher to let go of the reins!

Upsets

New york Giants Coughlin will get the Giants back on the road to success. Most talented QB pairing in the league should begin the long process of turning the Giants back to champs.

Houston texans Carr is growing into a star QB, with a year more experience.

Winners

New England Patriots Belichick and Brady lead the Pats to a third Superbowl in 4 years. Brady really is the new Montana.

Atlanta Falcons Vick is the new Elway- talented QB whose team is cruched in superbowls- will have to wait another decade for his moment of glory!! But An NFC crown for rookie Coach Mora.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Yeah, tip over his car or throw beer at his kids. :rolleyes:

i am SO sick and tired of that philly fan image :mad: - we are not nearly as bad as you guys think - if we were id be cussin you off right now

we are rougher on the players than others, true, but that is not a fair assessment <_<

starting later this month, im going to write about the mindset of the philly fan in The Second Opinion

we have had a couple bad incidents, yes - what about cleveland and the beer-bottle thing? you dont bring that up on a regular basis, yet its always the punky philly fans

have you ever even been to a game in philly? we treat each other great. i would be in a section and wed all boo when they did poorly, but wed always treat the otehr fans great - whenever someone left, wed all be like "see ya later" like we knew each other for yeas

we have had a couple bad incidents, yes - what about cleveland and the beer-bottle thing? you dont bring that up on a regular basis, yet its always the punky philly fans

have you ever even been to a game in philly? we treat each other great. i would be in a section and wed all boo when they did poorly, but wed always treat the otehr fans great - whenever someone left, wed all be like "see ya later" like we knew each other for yeas

Yes, I went to a game at the Spectrum (thus the "Ask me" comment above.) when I was a kid. I was treated like :censored:. I was wearing Habs stuff, but any other place I've been to (Tampa, Ottawa, Edmonton, Boston) didn't throw stuff at me and swear at me.

Ruined my jacket. I was only 10 too, that jacket was the best thing on earth.

The reason they don't bring it up is because it happened once with the Browns, the Eagles have done that type of crap numerous times. The only stadium with a jail in the NFL was The Vet. Hmm, I wonder why? Eagles fans are terrible and they should have their team taken away just look at the crap they do. Here is another of example at the cheap crap they do. Eagles fans also beat the snot out of a Redskins fan who was minding his own business but because he had a Redskins jersey they ruined his life. He couldn't open his mouth and had his head busted open, over a football game in which he was MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS. He wasn't taunting or doing any crap like that but he still got beat up for simply liking the opposing team. It was on Outside the Lines for those of you who don't remember it or never saw it.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

I can't really say I condone the throwing of beer bottles onto the field -- but that's because the Browns got completely screwed in that game. But in my opinion, that's not nearly as bad as cheering when a guy breaks his neck. And I've heard Philly fans talk of it as if they're proud.

Let's not forget, the fans were throwing plastic beer bottles. Which is still dangerous and wrong, but I don't consider it being in the same league as cheering a broken neck.

IUe6Hvh.png

Are reputations often exaggerated and not perfectly accurate? Of course.

But you get a reputation for a reason. Philadelphia has rightfully earned its reputation as a violent, angry, unwelcoming city when it comes to sports. And until there is a prolonged period in which Philly fans can keep their tempers in check, you will keep your reputation.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I get a little tired of the santa claus talk. I mean it happened in like the 60s and it seems anytime an announcer has nothing at all to say they pull that out. But some of the fans, as is sometimes the case in areas, take it to the extreme and live the persona of what is said about them.

I kind of like the view as this feared sports town rather than ever be seen as fair weather

When was the last time we did something outrageous? Like the 80's or something? C'mon!

The Santa incident was in the 60's, so it has NOTHING to do with this generation cause none of us were even alive then.

You people won't let go the past - we've been good for YEARS now.

1990's.....

-Cheered when Irvin broke his neck

-Various snowball incidents

-Beat up any fan, tipped cars, numerous occasions

-Threw BATTERIES at JD Drew

2000's

-Asked Joe Jurevicious "Where's your kid?" (Who had recently been born premature and died)

-Spit on pitchers in the Phillie's new stadium bullpen.

There are soooo many incidents of drunkeness that I can't list them all...why the hell do you think they need a jail cell?

Come on...but, hey, you might write a two paragraph column about it... :rolleyes:

micheal irvin was wrong, but we only boo players who underperform (Andy Ashby) and those who blow us off (JD Drew) :cursing:

JD Drew is indeed the definition of a traitor. Trust me, though - the media has blown this SO out of proportion. We are not NEARLY as bad as you think.

Maybe he was a traitor to you, but he was nothing but loyal and a great guy to the fans in St. Louis. He's not the first guy to hold out because of an agent, and he was 18. He's gone on to play great for 2 teams now. And I don't think the St. Louis fans threw anything at him when he came back to St. Louis...

Just keep driving the best away, we'll keep taking them. Thanks for Rolen! One of the Best in the League...How's Polanco doing anyway?

Archived