NCAA Club Football Concepts: Trinity Bantams 25/48

heavybass

On 12/20/2022 at 11:59 AM, heavybass said:

Time for team 8 and this team well is a bit shellish.

MARYLAND TERRAPINS

AL9nZEXzY0UOcy5teRKnDlG93byV9xlSCiZULiGo

The Terps have a dumb helmet tbf... their old school logo is good and they should be using that more but I decided to merge the black and yellow with the red and white and the two styles of uniforms to present this hybrid of styles.

On 12/21/2022 at 10:44 AM, heavybass said:

Team 9 and it's a team that actually HAS a club football program which isn't very good but they do play it.

SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS

AL9nZEUKjAcCedMbbt1oiEEF2mM-az1tLqRzX5Wb

Visually I like giving the Cocks more plum and gusto... because their signature is just an excuse for red and more red.

I'm a little late on this. but just read back through the thread after being tagged in the Univ. of Baltimore concept.  These two caught my eye because you happened to post -- back-to-back -- the colleges that my kids attend.

I like them both very much.  My only nitpicks are (1) I think the black Terps logo looks a little dark on the red helmet and (2) I believe using Maryland instead of Terrapins would work better for the jersey wordmark, particularly since there is already a Terps logo on the helmet.

As for the rest of the thread, great work all the way through.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Whilst I wait for feedback of Maryland v2.... I figured I go ahead and post the next invited team.

From Illinois....

CHICAGO MAROONS

AMWts8DJ3J9aUJg-9hjQ2Jf5-9mEow4aZhvDWwSV

The Maroons that play in Division 3 are a unique team that offers its own contribution to Chicago sports.... from the logo that the Bears ripped off as their own towards being one of the original founders of the Big 10... they have had an impact that not many people know of... unlike that pos team that calls itself 'Chicago' "glares at the Cougars".

What I did here was create a darker maroon that I used as the helmet colour as well as the third base to go with the actual maroon and the white.... it sets itself apart from the other red teams in the Big 10 like Indiana.

• Like 5

• heavybass changed the title to NCAA Club Football Concepts: Chicago Maroons 16/48
16 hours ago, heavybass said:

I figured I drop a Maryland version 2.

AMWts8CQzIUFYE_EKn4IlfbNYwHIHhZgq2bbQvJz

Even better.  I think the white Terps logo on the helmet makes a big difference in legibility.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

People like the Maroons which is good because we got another invited team coming in and they are the very good rivals to the Chicago Maroons...

FROM THE CITY OF ST LOUIS

WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY BEARS

AMWts8CPsUaD-2gnrRu96A-zC0CKg4ozkPjiPArz

One of Division 3's most well funded and well maintained programs gets representation for it representing the midwest... and yes this was a way for Washington to get in without putting in a team from the Northwest.... the university uses reds and greys mostly but it's their green that's interesting and whilst it is an accent color... I nearly made the outfit green in contrast.

Once again I summon the spirits of the St Louis Rams for this generally looking team.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to NCAA Club Football Concepts: Washington University Bears 17/48
On 2/1/2023 at 4:05 AM, heavybass said:

Whilst I wait for feedback of Maryland v2.... I figured I go ahead and post the next invited team.

From Illinois....

CHICAGO MAROONS

AMWts8DtcxRTveBRv_fltm8Wd-I9C2UgX8Gvl-ww

The Maroons that play in Division 3 are a unique team that offers its own contribution to Chicago sports.... from the logo that the Bears ripped off as their own towards being one of the original founders of the Big 10... they have had an impact that not many people know of... unlike that pos team that calls itself 'Chicago' "glares at the Cougars".

What I did here was create a darker maroon that I used as the helmet colour as well as the third base to go with the actual maroon and the white.... it sets itself apart from the other red teams in the Big 10 like Indiana.

I like this set for the Maroons, I hope to see this team in your arena concepts as well, albeit with a tweaked uniform & helmet design. 

Before the usual suspects drop the usual comment about what not.... I'm dropping the next team and I had fun with this one and wanted to challenge myself on what to make improvements on... so without further ado.

The first Florida team to get invited....

TAMPA SPARTANS

AMWts8AaTjWzANjEEtThgdSeUNlCKmRudK7g3DqB

Right there's a lot to process so...

The Spartan in the logo is tanned... but since Spartan term came from Greece well 2 + 2.

Ditched the White and used Silver as the light.

It's Florida so there's a lot going on plus this team appeals to all sorts.

• Love 1

• heavybass changed the title to NCAA Club Football Concepts: Tampa Spartans 18/48

Next team to be invited...

comes from North Carolina.

WINSTON SALEM STATE RAMS

AMWts8B5_wunGGKAZPzImZdp47-z9bssT8rU0VLR

The dullness that is most HBCU teams continues here... their current uniforms are fine but creatively gave me the idea of black yokes and that is how this team looks better.... it was either that or a team from the National Christian College Football Association was going to get the invite.

• Like 3

• heavybass changed the title to NCAA Club Football Concepts: Winston Salem State Rams 19/48
On 2/2/2023 at 4:31 PM, heavybass said:

Before the usual suspects drop the usual comment about what not.... I'm dropping the next team and I had fun with this one and wanted to challenge myself on what to make improvements on... so without further ado.

The first Florida team to get invited....

TAMPA SPARTANS

AMWts8Czo1HX_azD5jWhC9dNISpuq5alScHDY-kD

Right there's a lot to process so...

The Spartan in the logo is tanned... but since Spartan term came from Greece well 2 + 2.

Ditched the White and used Silver as the light.

It's Florida so there's a lot going on plus this team appeals to all sorts.

Oooohhhhhhh I REALLY love this! This design would be perfect for the arena side 

Next invited school and good news guys we're heading back to...

CALIFORNIA

Specifically this team.

CAL POLY POMONA BRONCOS

AMWts8CQoxDbXgYuG2odoOYbwOfWFap7UPg4oa7q

Infamously this was Jim Zorn's old alta meter and they had a football team until 1982 but a school like this couldn't ignore an invitation to play football again so they said yes.

This give me an excuse to go all 80's here...

• heavybass changed the title to NCAA Club Football Concepts: Cal Poly Podoma Broncos 20/48
  • heavybass changed the title to NCAA Club Football Concepts: Boston College Eagles 21/48

Next up is a team for the West... a team that would of been in the Arena Football league with two others had they stayed in the Group 5 but with Power 5 ascention... BYU was the exception as they were added despite being Power 5 alongside other Independent Schools but they were lured in by Club Football, the first was the Bearcats of Cincy and now joining them are...

HOUSTON COUGARS

AMWts8Ao-lnd9V73GCa3T8Y0emOU81S2-lFIYN_0

With the Houston Cougars joining the Big 12... well Big 14 because they get a chance to spank those longhorn bastards in Austin... here it's more common place and the reds are a standard far... the West stretches from Southern California to Texas after all.

• heavybass changed the title to NCAA Club Football Concepts: Houston Cougars 22/48
  • 2 weeks later...

Next team up... and speaking of bull:censored: and enticed by imaginery Disney money...

TEXAS LONGHORNS

AMWts8BTvAQvsx6WKRl4tz_ptZ5sEHcUzvmdoEre

Into the West conference alongside Houston, Podoma and San Diego comes a team that like most funded for themselves teams aren't one of the best in the league... but the prescene of Austin is needed for sponsorship or :censored: like that.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to NCAA Club Football Concepts: Texas Longhorns 23/48

You know what? We need a change of pace.... we need a team that breaks the rules, a team with a rebellious streak.... a bunch of literal devils.

Luckily I know the bunch.

ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS

AMWts8DPc2roWpb2u5mHh16fxpvXb5Vm8V0PZUw9

There are rule breakers and then you have the Sun Devils whose trend is to buck trends.... I figure this set up fits well in the West division and allows them to keep in touch with their former conference rivals UCLA and USC whilst fend off the advancements of Oklahoma and Texas.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to NCAA Club Football Concepts: Arizona State Sun Devils 24/48

The last couple of teams have been very solid. One point of criticism though, the wordmarks you use are always either way too big or too complex to work well on a jersey, and your numbers always end up squeezed way too small and too low on the jersey. UC San Diego and Boston College being especially egregious examples. Keeping wordmark to a single line is always ideal, and while they're usually pretty big in college, making them so large often brings too much attention away from the rest of jersey.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns