2022 World Cup Concepts by FreshPrince (32/32: Uruguay)

freshprinceofmtl

Alright back in action today after a brief hiatus, today it's time for the the swiss.

With a symbol/flag as recognizable as theirs, it was an easy choice for me to use the Swiss cross as the base of a pattern for the home kit. The away kit features a silhouette of the imposing Matterhorn with some red and black accents to create a pleasing home and away combo.

parUiwJ.jpg

I'll be posting another European team dressed by puma tomorrow. Hope you all are still enjoying this series, I'm sad that its almost coming to an end...

• freshprinceofmtl changed the title to 2022 World Cup Concepts by FreshPrince (26/32: Switzerland)

Red and white kits made by Puma for a European country in group G starting with the letter S? Feels like groundhog day...

For Serbia I went with a returned to a deeper red I find it suits them well with the gold accents of their newly designed logo. I swear I designed these before Puma's quasi-templated away kits featuring shapes surrounding the numbers on the chest, yet I went with a similar idea on a few of my kits including the serbian eagle wings on this home kit. For the away I drew inspiration from the cross on their crest that the eagle is gripping, creating it out sword like shapes, an homage to the Schiavonesca (Slavic sword) used by knights of Serbia during the 14th-16th centuries.

lm1dD2f.jpg

I hope you guys like it, comments and criticisms of all kinds are appreciated.

• freshprinceofmtl changed the title to 2022 World Cup Concepts by FreshPrince (27/32: Serbia)

Cameroon provided me an interesting challenge, as they are now supplied by a kit manufacturer I knew nothing about and has very little to work off of for past kits. As a newer company with what I'm assuming is a smaller budget it seemed like the type of situation where they would use the same template for the two kits. For the design I used patterns from traditional Cameroonian clothing throughout while taking advantage of their bold colours. For the away kit I used black sleeves as an homage to the (in)famous sleeveless kits Cameroon tried to sneak past FIFA 20 years ago.

GDvDTn0.jpg

That's a wrap for this group, moving on to the final group tomorrow!

• freshprinceofmtl changed the title to 2022 World Cup Concepts by FreshPrince (28/32: Cameroon)

Next up is the final of three African nations with a similar colour scheme.

I wanted to create a unique look for the Black Stars from Ghana, so I utilized that nickname to create an intimidating all black away strip. For the contrasting all white home kit I utilized the striping from their logo to make a ribbon look around their neck to frame the black star on the chest.

cfbv9RR.jpg

What do you guys think of my Ghana kits? Is it too different from their usual look or does it work for the African nation?

• Like 2

• freshprinceofmtl changed the title to 2022 World Cup Concepts by FreshPrince (29/32: Ghana)

The Korean Republic has modernized their crest recently and I'm a big fan of their new look. I used those sharp lines as the basis of a tiger striping pattern across the home kit. The away is based off of their flag, with a gradient like stripe pattern in blue and red to emulate the Taegeuk, along with black accents on an all white base. I also blacked out the logo on the away kit.

VgPZbAf.jpg

Any thoughts on Korea's kits? Portugal and Uruguay will round out the rear this weekend and that will be all she wrote for this massive project. Probably some edits/keeper kits afterwards but open to suggestions for other national team concepts if anyone is interested!

• Like 1

• freshprinceofmtl changed the title to 2022 World Cup Concepts by FreshPrince (30/32: Korea)

This fun project is coming to an end with a double post today from the final group.

For Portugal I went with a deep red home kit featuring a pattern inspired by the art style commonly found on Portuguese wooden roosters. The away is a uniquely Portuguese look showing off the beautiful tile work found on some of Portugal's beautiful streets. Last but not least, Uruguay's sky blue home kit features four wavy lines for the four primary rivers that can be found across their beautiful land. I added plenty of nods to their historic program, including the lace up collar on the home, and the sash on the red away kit that is also a nod to looks of the past. In addition, the flag and blue and white cuff striping is taken from the flag of Artigas, one of the nations alternate flags.

E14Gd4Z.jpg

jnf6GfT.jpg

Now that the 32 teams are done, let me know what you guys think. Any standout favourites? Any other nations you'd like to see me tackle? Thanks for the support in my first posts on the forum I'm looking forward to taking on some clubs teams next!

Your designs are generally good and the 32 teams here are pretty good for a first try.

The biggest problem with your designs are the socks. With a few exceptions, almost all of the non adidas kits have  solid colours with a contrasting turnover, with the manufacturers logo on them, and they make it look like either you ran out of ideas when it came to making the socks or just thought "that will do".  The socks for the adidas kits also are pretty plain, and while it's okay for some kits to have plain socks, it gets old after a while.

• freshprinceofmtl changed the title to 2022 World Cup Concepts by FreshPrince (32/32: Uruguay)