MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

They've already said the name and colors are off limits

Then no matter what the new crest ends up looking like, the rave green will still end up dragging their identity down considerably. I get why they don’t wanna change it, and I’m sure some Sounders fans would riot if they did, but it’s a really ugly shade to keep as their signature color and has never paired well with their shade of blue either.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

They've already said the name and colors are off limits

When was this announced? In the team statement, it was announced that -

As we take stock of those conversations, we believe this kind of dialogue will better inform all aspects of Sounders FC. This includes everything from how we represent our community to the team’s physical visual identity, including our marks and club crest.

That implied that the colours could be changed. Though that was back in February.

23 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Then no matter what the new crest ends up looking like, the rave green will still end up dragging their identity down considerably. I get why they don’t wanna change it, and I’m sure some Sounders fans would riot if they did, but it’s a really ugly shade to keep as their signature color and has never paired well with their shade of blue either.

Facts. We should have been allowed to rob Bright Verde from Austin lol. 

In reality they just need to tweak it or maybe go a little more sea foam-y with it. Get that weird tinge out of it and find a color that plays better with our beautiful secondary colors. 

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

When was this announced? In the team statement, it was announced that -

That implied that the colours could be changed. Though that was back in February.

https://ws.onehub.com/files/kdcqmlfp

Slide 15.

Our name is Seattle Sounders FC and our colors are - and should remain- eternal blue, forever green.

1 minute ago, TaylorMade said:

https://ws.onehub.com/files/kdcqmlfp

Slide 15.

Our name is Seattle Sounders FC and our colors are - and should remain- eternal blue, forever green.

That just says the colours will remain blue and green. Says nothing about the shades of the two colours, or the numbers of shades. Just that the Sounders will still have blue and green as their main colours.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

That just says the colours will remain blue and green. Says nothing about the shades of the two colours, or the numbers of shades. Just that the Sounders will still have blue and green as their main colours.

Correct. "EBFG" is how the colors are referred to primarily in supporters' chants and such. The official names of the shades are Sounder Blue and Rave Green. Have to assume that the exact shades are on the table.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Atlanta United will unveil its new home kit on February 15 at an exhibition cup against Toluca. Here’s to hoping it brings back regular stripes.

https://www.atlutd.com/news/deportivo-toluca-atlanta-primary-kit-launch-2023-american-family-insurance-cup

spacer.png

2 more months?! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

True true. I just remember fondly back on the Christmas of 2016 when so many people in the city were getting ATLUTD gear for the holidays. 

I get that we're still in a logistics/supply chain nightmare, but once it gets back to normal it would be nice if MLS would launch the kits mid December for the holidays. Correct me if I'm wrong but a few European teams launch the new kits at the end of the prior years season right? So it seems possible. Would just take the league office having the will to have it done with Adidas. 

Just think of all the horrible "MERRY MLS-MAS" marketing they could do! 😂

• Like 3
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

2 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

image.png

Shame they have to replace the great looking sets, I hope it is still light blue.

Even a light blue version of their home kit would still be good.

I'd like them to keep the lightning bolts as a third kit, in case of kit clashes. Granted, I want all teams to have three kits so teams don't have to change out of their default "home" kit because  of kit clashes. 

12 hours ago, Digby said:

MLS holding jersey releases until just before the new season has been a thing since even well before the current supply chain angst. I think it’s only expansion teams who get stuff before the previous Christmas. I don’t really get it either!

On 12/13/2022 at 6:03 PM, BlazerBlaze said:

True true. I just remember fondly back on the Christmas of 2016 when so many people in the city were getting ATLUTD gear for the holidays. 

I get that we're still in a logistics/supply chain nightmare, but once it gets back to normal it would be nice if MLS would launch the kits mid December for the holidays. Correct me if I'm wrong but a few European teams launch the new kits at the end of the prior years season right? So it seems possible. Would just take the league office having the will to have it done with Adidas. 

Just think of all the horrible "MERRY MLS-MAS" marketing they could do! 😂

I don't buy the supply chain excuse anymore. Especially when I can get the Army football jersey from this year the day before the game. I also think that unless there is some new template that adidas doesn't want released yet there's no reason not to put the new training gear and game jerseys out two week before Christmas. It made sense to hold these back when MLS had that big hullabaloo about Jersey Week, but they haven't done that in years. I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see multiple kit makers back in this league after 2026. I think if you did that, adidas might actually get off their butts and try to make more bespoke kits. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

Shame they have to replace the great looking sets, I hope it is still light blue.

Even a light blue version of their home kit would still be good.

Even before they entered the league I had fingers crossed for a light blue and yellow vertical-stripes jersey. Would be unique in the league and maybe even globally. The lightning bolts are fine, whatever, but the real shame would be dumping that color scheme.

As an aside, do we know why Sons of Ben et al adopted the light blue? The Philly flag reads more as a medium/royal blue to me.

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Possible leak of the new Galaxy secondary shirt:

Certainly looks legit, as it’s on the correct template and has the new Adidas logo. Quality looks legit for a replica, too. If it is indeed legit, it’s a pretty solid effort. Really clever incorporating the LA flag into the collar like that, and I like them keeping the teal around instead of reverting back to navy for the secondary kit. I do think this could’ve used some black accents somewhere like the ‘96 kit.

• Like 6

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

39 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Certainly looks legit, as it’s on the correct template and has the new Adidas logo. Quality looks legit for a replica, too. If it is indeed legit, it’s a pretty solid effort. Really clever incorporating the LA flag into the collar like that, and I like them keeping the teal around instead of reverting back to navy for the secondary kit. I do think this could’ve used some black accents somewhere like the ‘96 kit.

I think it’d be cool if more OG MLS teams dipped into their roots for kits. LAG doing teal/black stripes on the last kit and this really is a nice touch to their roots.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I think it works well enough with the red and the gold, I understand why black could have been on there, but it still looks nice with the three colours.

Of the OG MLS teams, only Galaxy used teal as a main colour, with San Jose using it as one of about 4-5 accent colours, which considering it was the 1990s is pretty surprising it was only two. If Charlotte and the Sounders had been in the MLS back then, then it would have been a good bet they would have used teal as well.

Nobody else is using teal, it doesn't look like there is going to be anyone else using it in MLS, so I'm all for Galaxy running with the colour for their change kits.

spacer.png

FH says Seattle is going to have a red away kit, which seems odd. Can’t really imagine that looking very Sounders, unless they’re going to yank the Kraken’s color scheme and beat them to a red base jersey. Also please enjoy this gem of a sentence from FH.

The Seattle Sounders 2023 away kit replaces the fans' favorite 2021-2022 away kit, designed in cooperation with Jimi Hendrix.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Huh? 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers