MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

Hey, if Elvis ain't dead, then Jimi ain't, either...rock on. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, Digby said:

spacer.png

FH says Seattle is going to have a red away kit, which seems odd. Can’t really imagine that looking very Sounders, unless they’re going to yank the Kraken’s color scheme and beat them to a red base jersey. Also please enjoy this gem of a sentence from FH.

I associate red much more with the Timbers, what with most of their road kits in the early days of their MLS existance having been red, and Portland is the Rose City. Red as the main colour for a Seattle team, even for their road jersey, just seems really out of place.

• Like 4

Seattle of late seems to really enjoy having ugly uniforms.

I can't really remember the last one I loved. The pink one had promise, but it was an ugly shade of pink. Maybe the 2016 title set?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

54 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I associate red much more with the Timbers, what with most of their road kits in the early days of their MLS existance having been red, and Portland is the Rose City. Red as the main colour for a Seattle team, even for their road jersey, just seems really out of place.

As a Timbers fan, I can’t help but agree. That said, I’ll be happy to see the Sounders pump out another ugly kit. Basically a tradition at this point.

IMO Seattle’s most successful away/third kits have featured a variation of green and/or blue. Their inaugural blue away kits, the 2013 cascade shale kits with the green/blue vertical stripe, the 2015 “pitch black” kits with neon shorts & socks, the 2016 navy/cyan third kit, and their 2017 “Heritage” white kits were all pretty good. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Considering how play-it-safe most MLS kit decisions are, I appreciate the Sounders' off-and-on willingness to take more risks, even when the results are ugly. As distasteful as I found it to pretend Jimi Hendrix has anything to do with your soccer team, that last away kit really grew on me and I liked the easter egg of how it was basically a color inversion of their usual green/blue.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

9 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I think the idea is to avoid a clash with Portland and Austin, everyone else is less of an issue. Since they both now have contrasting jerseys they don't have to wear their alternates at home. 

2022 MLS Kits | MLSSoccer.com

Portland Timbers 2022/23 adidas Away Kit - FOOTBALL FASHION

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the idea is to avoid a clash with Portland and Austin, everyone else is less of an issue. Since they both now have contrasting jerseys they don't have to wear their alternates at home. 

Going to have to be a bright shade of red to avoid colorblindness concerns in that case. Despite my praising them for not doing the usual boring MLS away kits, white is probably their best bet. Or if away to Columbus and Nashville are concerns, maybe a saturated blue on the lighter side.

• Like 3

With MLS eventually going to 30, maybe 32 teams there's almost not way to avoid an actual clash at some point. 

While I have previously said I dislike the idea of going white heavy It would make sense to me if MLS  just said all teams wear their primary and all clash should be white. I'd really like MLS to lean on a primary look and a clash as opposed to home/away/3rd. 

I might just be old school. Excuse me while I yell at some kids to get off my lawn. 

• Like 4

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

15 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I can't really remember the last one I loved. The pink one had promise, but it was an ugly shade of pink. Maybe the 2016 title set?

I was a pretty big fan of these ones:

seattle-sounders-goal-vs-portland-2017-u

Plain, sure, but I really liked the turquoise details.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

10 hours ago, Jer15 said:

With MLS eventually going to 30, maybe 32 teams there's almost not way to avoid an actual clash at some point. 

While I have previously said I dislike the idea of going white heavy It would make sense to me if MLS  just said all teams wear their primary and all clash should be white. I'd really like MLS to lean on a primary look and a clash as opposed to home/away/3rd. 

I might just be old school. Excuse me while I yell at some kids to get off my lawn. 

"Light" and "Dark", sure, but having all the clash kits be white would get boring real fast. It got boring when Adidas gave almost every team a white jersey a while back, and a league with 32 teams all having white kits.....(shudders).

• Like 4

10 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

"Light" and "Dark", sure, but having all the clash kits be white would get boring real fast. It got boring when Adidas gave almost every team a white jersey a while back, and a league with 32 teams all having white kits.....(shudders).

I'm being a total hypocrite, because I've said exactly what you are saying in the past. I get that sentiment 100%.

It just bugs me that teams don't use their primary look as much as possible. More so last season than ever because I hate the current TFC secondary (which is primarily white, I know, I know, I'm contradicting myself). 

For example, this game happened in July last year. There is no reason, in my old-school brain, that TFC should not be wearing red in that game.  

Quioto's header gives CF Montreal win over struggling Toronto FC | CBC  Sports

I just figure teams will be kind of forced to wear their primary as much as possible by having a very similar/boring clash options.  

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 12/19/2022 at 9:48 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They’ve had a run of bad home jerseys, but the current ones are very good (although I wish they went full checkerboard or B/G stripes), and the last blue kit was good. I have loved the weird color choices in the past and this looks like another one. The electric yellow and cyan kits in the early 10s were 🔥 and I hope they go back. I think the problem has been avoiding a clash with Adidas goalie kits. 

Also, to the fellow who suggested every team have a white clash kit: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

28 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

For example, this game happened in July last year. There is no reason, in my old-school brain, that TFC should not be wearing red in that game.  

I agree, and I think that's more an issue with whomever makes these kit matchup decisions at the league level. Or is it up to clubs? I'm curious. But yeah, the point is that teams in MLS seem too quick to switch to their away kit, which honestly wouldn't bother me too much if the away kits weren't almost always mono-white or mono-black with very little to distinguish teams.

That Atlanta shirt is pretty nice, although I would’ve been curious to see it with black sleeves (basically a total inverse of their inaugural shirt). I do like how the 3 red/2 black stripes actually match the crest, something that always bugged me about their inaugural “Five Stripes” shirt.

The Miami and LAFC shirts are both pretty forgettable. I do like the simple crest on the LAFC shirt, but the rest isn’t exactly revolutionary. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1