MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

55 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Also new Miami

spacer.png

Did they adjust the hue of their pink or is that just lighting? If they did ratchet it down a couple tints, that's what it should have been from the jump instead of being barely distinguishable. (Maybe CITY coming onboard with their own pink color sparked some sense into them?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

Well, it appears I'll be limiting my LAFC kit purchase this coming season to an authentic home jersey featuring the addition of the MLS Cup Championship star.

Unless it looks radically different in person, I can't say that I'm a fan of this change kit's design. Further, while there's a place for simplified crests (I love LAFC's when applied to baseball caps), I'm not in favor of them on the kit itself. In my opinion, that's where your official, formal club badge should be.      

• Like 1

Two of the new shirts are available to buy from the French shop footcenter.fr (don’t think you can ship to the US). I looked at the other MLS clubs they have available and believe these are the only 2023 shirts available so far.

Better photos of Atlanta

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And here are some better shots of Miami

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Two of the new shirts are available to buy from the French shop footcenter.fr (don’t think you can ship to the US). I looked at the other MLS clubs they have available and believe these are the only 2023 shirts available so far.

Just checked that site and they actually have the new LAFC secondary shirt as well. Holy :censored: does it look atrocious in these photos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Just checked that site and they actually have the new LAFC secondary shirt as well. Holy :censored: does it look atrocious in these photos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is that OD green??? If so, how in the world did they come up on that choice for a color?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

You can ship from footcenter. I've done it plenty, and if not madeinsport does.

Oh wow, that’s great. Just ordered myself an Atlanta shirt and hopefully will have it a month and a half before release! Lol. If I’m reading the site correctly, international shipping with DHL takes 4 days.

7 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Oh wow, that’s great. Just ordered myself an Atlanta shirt and hopefully will have it a month and a half before release! Lol. If I’m reading the site correctly, international shipping with DHL takes 4 days.

I've gotten in 2-3, but with this being the holiday season and all it'll be a little slower.

Should also worth mentioning that it's owned by Panini France, who also runs the french football federation's webstore as well as the olympique de marseille's official webstore so it's legit.

• Applause 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

So is the 2023 Adidas to trend to have 3 stripes on the shoulders and then a big stripe on the side seam? Is that big stripe also on the shorts anyone know?

The stripe is continued on the back of the shorts. Assuming this will be the case for 2023 MLS kits since the shirts seem to follow the World Cup template.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Both ATL and Miami look really good. If I'm nitpicking, not sure why the crest for Miami is monotone when white is a very Miami colour, but it still looks nice and the horizontal print on the shirt works really well.

United returning to proper stripes is very welcome and the shades of red and gold really work well together and with the shade of black. It also helps hugely in that just like the Miami shirt, the shoulder armpit panels on the back are non contrasting.

The LA shirt, maybe it might grow on me, but first impressions, holy s*** that is a monstrosity.

Atlanta actually looks like Atlanta! Glad to see the return of the proper stripe and red base. Miami looks good too. Wish they were a bit more adventurous, but I think the idea is there.

LAFC is a head scratcher. That green color looks like a gray that’s been tinted through an off-color TV monitor.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

18 hours ago, Digby said:

Man, some of you all are quick to judge. I can barely judge what color that LAFC kit is or how the pattern would look in the course of normal wear.

Alternatively it could *worse* in the normal photos. Yeesh. Would be decent in a more khaki color I think but that is such a bizarrely specific shade of green, and not a pleasant one. Though I do admire the LAFC commitment to getting weird with the aways, maybe not like that. It's a visual illustration of an old ranch house ruined by 30 years of smoking indoors.

I'm already sick of Miami having these basic, boring black away kits. They could take a lot more risks, starting with making that fun trippy pattern all-over instead of just confined to stripes, and I'm already ready for them to try a different color. Might be worth getting one before that crypto firm goes bust and the shirt becomes a collectors item.

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

So is the 2023 Adidas to trend to have 3 stripes on the shoulders and then a big stripe on the side seam? Is that big stripe also on the shorts anyone know?

Yup, that's the new template this year. 

Spain World Cup 2022 adidas Home and Away Kits - FOOTBALL FASHION

Spain World Cup 2022 adidas Home and Away Kits - FOOTBALL FASHION

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

If this was a light gold it could look so much better. Right now there's a huge green tint on these that makes them look pretty dingy. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I honestly don’t mind the green on that LAFC kit at all; I think the problem is in the pattern. It’s a bit too dark and is contributing more to the dingy look of the kit than the color is, in my opinion. It ought to be a bit more tonal and more of a subtle texture.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

21 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Further, while there's a place for simplified crests (I love LAFC's when applied to baseball caps), I'm not in favor of them on the kit itself. In my opinion, that's where your official, formal club badge should be.      

Couldn't disagree more with this. The official, formal badges in MLS are too busy -- you don't need words identifying the team name when the symbol itself should be enough. Every MLS club could simplify the badge on its kits, except for Portland, which already does it. 

Same goes for the bigger leagues. Arsenal would be better off with the cannon logo it uses on change kits than the full 2002 crest. Chelsea's scepter-holding dragon can stand on its own. Tottenham, meanwhile, does it right. 

The best thing about this LAFC change kit is the badge. 

• Like 3