Oregon League (FINALE)

TheGiantsFan

19 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

We'll get there soon enough! I do realize I should start working on more teams east of the Cascades 😅

In the meantime, do you have any suggestions for what I should include for Harney County's team? I haven't quite started my research there yet

Sorry, I'm not too well versed in Oregon history, however from a quick Google search

https://www.oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/burns/

This encyclopedia website may be a great source. I know there is a similar state-wide encyclopedia for Georgia that has lots of interesting and detailed information, including some anecdotal bits of history great for basing a team identity off of. Seems like there is an annual Migratory Bird Festival, maybe that can be a start.

Always a special treat to see some quality Cascadian soccer content here! Hope your move has treated you and your partner well.

The counter-color collar plackets on Tillamook's away and Eugene are kinda odd, but those jerseys are otherwise really nice.

I like the logo for Tillamook. Even as colorful as it is normally, it looks even better when in just 1 color on the away! The idea of using it as a T monogram is a bit of a stretch though : P

Linn County's jerseys are really great; the best of the bunch so far! If I had any jersey suggestions, it'd be to ditch the second sleeve stripes (the peach one at home, the white one away), but otherwise they're perfect.

The logo is solid, especially that font, but I kinda want something inside that roundel... A full filbert?

Florence's and Oregon City's kits aren't far behind though, and I love their logos so much too : ) I love the dunes for Florence; I had a very pleasant visit there a while back. End of the Trail's home jersey is really classy, though I can't help but wonder if a white back would work?

Not feeling the banner on Portland's otherwise solid logo; maybe replace it with an "SC" to the right of the stem of the P. Also I think maybe yellow socks at home would be better than white?

Anyways, excellent work as always!

On 12/24/2022 at 1:01 PM, GriffinM6 said:

As a huge fan of Tillamook's products, this is fantastic. Linn County is spectacular as well. 

Thanks so much!

I've been a huge fan of Tillamook's packaging and branding ever since its rebranding a few years back, so I'm glad I finally get to "work" with it a little bit :)

On 12/24/2022 at 4:17 PM, harney said:

Sorry, I'm not too well versed in Oregon history, however from a quick Google search

https://www.oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/burns/

This encyclopedia website may be a great source. I know there is a similar state-wide encyclopedia for Georgia that has lots of interesting and detailed information, including some anecdotal bits of history great for basing a team identity off of. Seems like there is an annual Migratory Bird Festival, maybe that can be a start.

I ran into the Oregon Encyclopedia a while back, and it's proven to be a useful research tool alongside Wikipedia!

I was just curious because I thought you were a Harney County local with some insider knowledge 😂

On 12/24/2022 at 10:48 PM, vtgco said:

Always a special treat to see some quality Cascadian soccer content here! Hope your move has treated you and your partner well.

The counter-color collar plackets on Tillamook's away and Eugene are kinda odd, but those jerseys are otherwise really nice.

I like the logo for Tillamook. Even as colorful as it is normally, it looks even better when in just 1 color on the away! The idea of using it as a T monogram is a bit of a stretch though : P

Linn County's jerseys are really great; the best of the bunch so far! If I had any jersey suggestions, it'd be to ditch the second sleeve stripes (the peach one at home, the white one away), but otherwise they're perfect.

The logo is solid, especially that font, but I kinda want something inside that roundel... A full filbert?

Florence's and Oregon City's kits aren't far behind though, and I love their logos so much too : ) I love the dunes for Florence; I had a very pleasant visit there a while back. End of the Trail's home jersey is really classy, though I can't help but wonder if a white back would work?

Not feeling the banner on Portland's otherwise solid logo; maybe replace it with an "SC" to the right of the stem of the P. Also I think maybe yellow socks at home would be better than white?

Anyways, excellent work as always!

Oregon's been very pleasant! California will always have a special place in my heart, but I've really enjoyed the slower pace of life in Oregon, and I ended up getting my foot in the door as a Nike contractor :)

I've made the minor edits to the collar plackets that you've brought up. I decided to scrap Portland SC's banner entirely as I feel like a team of that caliber has an iconic enough crest to do without the banner (though putting "SC" on the lower-right of the "P" was part of my original sketches!). As for Portland's home socks, I think I'll just keep the socks white because of how minor yellow is in its branding.

Spoiler

52491503513_107c66c9f5_b.jpg

I'm glad you enjoyed Florence and Oregon City's teams! You're totally right about End of the Trail's home kit having a white back, it does look better! I went ahead and switched the colors of the shorts and socks to better complement the predominantly-white top

Spoiler

52542987976_e8d2f65f68_b.jpg

I'll work on Linn County's crest edits for the next post so I can give my poor laptop (I'm currently home in California for the holidays) a break 😂

I'm excited to have you along for this one, and thanks for the detailed feedback as always! :)

---

North Division

Gorge Athletic

Hood River, Oregon

Championships: 0

52588316279_3f17c59606_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

Fk7gTBeakAACci8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

52602916987_7f343bba67_b.jpg

Fk7gZjdacAAuU07?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 7

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (9/50: Gorge Athletic)
On 12/24/2022 at 10:48 PM, vtgco said:

As promised, here's a revised Linn County with a full filbert in the roundel! I decided to keep the sleeve stripes as-is to remain consistent with the crest, though

Spoiler

52574185837_6873e3b5b1_b.jpg

---

Central Division

Salem SC

Salem, Oregon

52592483683_480af765b0_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FlFm-WQaUAAUsUF?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FlFnBY2aYAE0FHE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FlFnExQaUAAO59Z?format=jpg&name=4096x409

A big shoutout to Salem native @upperV03 for suggesting the cherry blossom theme for this one!

---

The disclaimer on this Nike concept is a good time to announce that since the end of November, I've been working as a graphic design contractor at Nike's Beaverton headquarters! I'm currently making training materials for Footwear engineers, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get into Global Football making kits for real! 🤞

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Applause 5

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (10/50: Salem SC)

Nice work for Salem!

And thanks for the Linn County and Portland updates; look much better to me.

Hood River's away is really gorgeous! Not a huge fan of olive green, but you make it work well. Did the home originally have more green below the numbers? Maybe you could either continue it below, or you could have the green on top flair outward rather than inward (so it continues the front's striping.)

On 12/26/2022 at 10:00 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

Oregon's been very pleasant! California will always have a special place in my heart, but I've really enjoyed the slower pace of life in Oregon, and I ended up getting my foot in the door as a Nike contractor :)

Glad you're enjoying it, and kudos for the new job! Excited to see your work on the field; you've got the talent for it : D

• Love 1

On 12/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, CDCLT said:

Stunning work on Salem, I love the cherry blossom theme. And congrats on the Nike job! I can't wait to see your work on the pitch in due time.

Thanks so much!!! :)

On 12/30/2022 at 12:47 PM, vtgco said:

Nice work for Salem!

And thanks for the Linn County and Portland updates; look much better to me.

Hood River's away is really gorgeous! Not a huge fan of olive green, but you make it work well. Did the home originally have more green below the numbers? Maybe you could either continue it below, or you could have the green on top flair outward rather than inward (so it continues the front's striping.)

Glad you're enjoying it, and kudos for the new job! Excited to see your work on the field; you've got the talent for it : D

Thank you, I really appreciate it! :)

The Gorge's home kit did originally have the green stripe continue below the numbers (like Salem's clash), but I decided against it. I went ahead and tweaked the back of the home kit so that it flairs outward now:

Spoiler

52588316279_3f17c59606_b.jpg

---

Completed Salem's geographic rival as my last design in 2022, but didn't have time to post it here until now!

Central Division

Club Atlético Marion

Woodburn, Oregon

Championships: 1

52597991202_4d2d51fd16_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FlVSo1lacAAjv78?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FlVSs9PaUAE3fi4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FlVSwuUaAAEs7Na?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (11/50: Club Atlético Marion)

Atlético Marion’s crest is absolutely beautiful. The tulip shape is genius, and it absolutely looks like a Latin/South American club crest. If I didn’t know any better, I’d totally believe it was a crest from those regions. 

That one’s probably my favorite entry yet. Well done on them, and the whole series so far too! I always dig hyper-regional league series, and yours has been very fun to follow.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 1/3/2023 at 5:42 PM, Green27 said:

As an Oregonian, I love this project so much. I never even thought you could combine city history and iconography with uniforms for such hyper-specific locales. 

Thank you so much! :)

I actually got the inspiration for these hyper-specific state leagues from @-kj's 2015 League du Nord series! After seeing the cool work he did for Minnesota teams, I went ahead to make teams in California and now Oregon

Seeing you're from Eugene, is there anything you would like to see for Lane County's three remaining teams? I have a Simpsons theme in mind for Springfield, but I'm wondering if you have any [non track-related] ideas for Eugene and for Cottage Grove. Any ideas would be very appreciated! :)

On 1/4/2023 at 6:08 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

Atlético Marion’s crest is absolutely beautiful. The tulip shape is genius, and it absolutely looks like a Latin/South American club crest. If I didn’t know any better, I’d totally believe it was a crest from those regions. 

That one’s probably my favorite entry yet. Well done on them, and the whole series so far too! I always dig hyper-regional league series, and yours has been very fun to follow.

On 1/4/2023 at 2:10 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

CAM so far is my favorite and like @FinsUp1214 said it is very Latin American

Thanks so much y'all! I'm glad that I was able to accurately capture the style of Latin American soccer design with Woodburn's team :)

---

Happy New Year everyone! My first design of 2023 is a trip all the way to the Idaho border for The Oregon League's easternmost team:

East Division

Ontario SC

Ontario, Oregon

52610132384_d2b7f8063a_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FlwzHWQagAEwBdU?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FlwzIx-acAIVMbT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FlwzKGNaYAAJFj6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

A big shoutout to @-kj's onion-themed Eagan FC team for helping shape Ontario's look :)

• Like 9

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (12/50: Ontario SC)

You have an Onion Themed Team with a Green Jersey and you DON’T MAKE A SHREK REFERENCE?!

• LOL 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Ontario vs Gilroy "BATTLE OF THE ALLIUMS" / "ATTACK OF THE AROMATICS" CCL matchup when???

All jokes aside, way to totally class up the silly MiLB food theme brands! Ontario looks great, and I love that Marion away jersey so much : )

Would maybe be nice to see matching cuffs & collars for Marion at home, but not necessary. Curious if the purple outline going beneath the white outline at the bottom of the logo is on purpose? It looks good!

Thanks for the tasty designs!

On 1/5/2023 at 8:42 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

Seeing you're from Eugene, is there anything you would like to see for Lane County's three remaining teams? I have a Simpsons theme in mind for Springfield, but I'm wondering if you have any [non track-related] ideas for Eugene and for Cottage Grove. Any ideas would be very appreciated! :)

I think the Simpsons theme makes sense for Springfield! As a Deadhead, I have to mention one of the greatest (IMO) shows they ever played was in nearby Veneta as a benefit for the Springfield Creamery, that still exists today. The largest hospital group in Lane County (really anywhere other than PDX and Salem) is PeaceHealth and they have their primary campus in Springfield. I think they are still one of the largest employers in the county. Hop Valley is a large nationally-owned and distributed brewery that started in Springfield. 

I loved the Track Town theme! That's definitely what Eugene is most well-known for. I'd throw out a nod to the original settlers of the Willamette Valley, the Kalapuya, either on a Eugene kit or one of the other nearby town kits. The two rivers played a big part in both the ancient and current Eugene. The city has also garnered a reputation for the 60's hippie movement that never really went out of fashion here, with Ken Kesey growing up in town. Eugene is also very into the craft beer scene, and has many large nationally distributed breweries (Ninkasi and Oakshire are the two biggest, Oakshire sponsors the minor league soccer club Lane United FC).

For Cottage Grove, I think there's a lot to work with. They are very proud of their history of covered bridges and movie filming locations (Buster Keaton's The General, Animal House parade scene, Stand By Me railroad tracks). It's a small town but has a cute historic downtown stretch to walk. There are no notable companies that come to mind for the sake of kit sponsor. 

• Love 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

On 1/6/2023 at 1:32 PM, Blindsay said:

You have an Onion Themed Team with a Green Jersey and you DON’T MAKE A SHREK REFERENCE?!

Aw man! 😂

On 1/6/2023 at 6:48 PM, vtgco said:

Ontario vs Gilroy "BATTLE OF THE ALLIUMS" / "ATTACK OF THE AROMATICS" CCL matchup when???

All jokes aside, way to totally class up the silly MiLB food theme brands! Ontario looks great, and I love that Marion away jersey so much : )

Would maybe be nice to see matching cuffs & collars for Marion at home, but not necessary. Curious if the purple outline going beneath the white outline at the bottom of the logo is on purpose? It looks good!

Thanks for the tasty designs!

That'll be quite the smelly (or flavorful) matchup! 😮

I didn't add red to the collars for the Marion home kit because it would've overlapped with the sash border; the bit about the purple outline was definitely intentional, and I'm happy you caught that!

The tasty designs are definitely fun to make, and there will still be some more down the road! :)

On 1/9/2023 at 10:55 PM, Green27 said:

I think the Simpsons theme makes sense for Springfield! As a Deadhead, I have to mention one of the greatest (IMO) shows they ever played was in nearby Veneta as a benefit for the Springfield Creamery, that still exists today. The largest hospital group in Lane County (really anywhere other than PDX and Salem) is PeaceHealth and they have their primary campus in Springfield. I think they are still one of the largest employers in the county. Hop Valley is a large nationally-owned and distributed brewery that started in Springfield. 

I loved the Track Town theme! That's definitely what Eugene is most well-known for. I'd throw out a nod to the original settlers of the Willamette Valley, the Kalapuya, either on a Eugene kit or one of the other nearby town kits. The two rivers played a big part in both the ancient and current Eugene. The city has also garnered a reputation for the 60's hippie movement that never really went out of fashion here, with Ken Kesey growing up in town. Eugene is also very into the craft beer scene, and has many large nationally distributed breweries (Ninkasi and Oakshire are the two biggest, Oakshire sponsors the minor league soccer club Lane United FC).

For Cottage Grove, I think there's a lot to work with. They are very proud of their history of covered bridges and movie filming locations (Buster Keaton's The General, Animal House parade scene, Stand By Me railroad tracks). It's a small town but has a cute historic downtown stretch to walk. There are no notable companies that come to mind for the sake of kit sponsor. 

These are extremely helpful suggestions, and I'll be sure to look into all of these for the remaining Lane County teams. Thank you very much! :)

(On a side note, Ninkasi was definitely one of the places I applied to during my recent job search 😅)

---

Staying east of the Cascades for just a little bit longer for this next team!

East Division

Prineville 1870

Prineville, Oregon

52620322591_a865338447_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FmKsIwQaUAAdIHN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

52643997570_c992e2182d_b.jpg

FmKsLoBakAAXZ_j?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by TheGiantsFan
Made some tweaks to the home stripes and changed the numbers to red, as requested by vtgco
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (13/50: Prineville 1870)
  • TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (14/50: Hillsboro Semiconductor SC)
On 1/10/2023 at 9:27 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

FmKsIwQaUAAdIHN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Up the Bridges!

Prineville has a good look, though the home jersey might be improved with some red diagonal pinstripes within the yellow hoops (and vice versa), and maybe red numbers at home too.

Otherwise the set is really nice.

No complaints for Hillsboro; the circuit-board pinstriping at home is inspired and gorgeously executed! I'd say Timbers 2 should take on the brand for their upcoming rebrand but maybe Hops colors are too Sounders-y for that 🤪

God, every single concept in both this project and your California league is absolutely stunning. You've constantly put out some gorgeous crests and kits and the level of local detail in each one is astounding. It's enviable how you manage to work in the most obscure local symbols and industries into these concepts. Hillsboro, Salem, and Marion are downright awe-inspiring. Incredible series so far, cannot wait for more in the future. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 1/17/2023 at 2:58 PM, vtgco said:

Up the Bridges!

Prineville has a good look, though the home jersey might be improved with some red diagonal pinstripes within the yellow hoops (and vice versa), and maybe red numbers at home too.

Otherwise the set is really nice.

No complaints for Hillsboro; the circuit-board pinstriping at home is inspired and gorgeously executed! I'd say Timbers 2 should take on the brand for their upcoming rebrand but maybe Hops colors are too Sounders-y for that 🤪

You got it with the Prineville home kit edits:

Spoiler

52620322591_a865338447_b.jpg

I didn't know T2 was going through a rebrand, I'm excited to see what they do. I'm glad you liked the Hillsboro team, I had a really good time putting that one together! :)

On 1/17/2023 at 5:50 PM, PERRIN said:

God, every single concept in both this project and your California league is absolutely stunning. You've constantly put out some gorgeous crests and kits and the level of local detail in each one is astounding. It's enviable how you manage to work in the most obscure local symbols and industries into these concepts. Hillsboro, Salem, and Marion are downright awe-inspiring. Incredible series so far, cannot wait for more in the future. 

Thanks so much for these kind words, I'm really glad you're enjoying the leagues!!! :)

Researching the local details for these teams really helps me learn about my new surroundings, and inspiration is definitely everywhere!

---

I know the Central Division is disproportionally represented (the fifth team!) in the first 15 teams of this league, but several trips to Newport in the past week have given me plenty of inspiration and motivation for this next team...

Central Division

Yaquina Bay SC

Newport, Oregon

52643428266_23e0aa4255_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FnIA2SvaAAAYqFy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FnIA35OaAAIgKHe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

52662117861_45337ddc97_b.jpg

Edited by TheGiantsFan
Tweaked the agate design
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Applause 2

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (15/50: Yaquina Bay SC)
On 1/22/2023 at 8:49 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

You got it with the Prineville home kit edits:

Big improvement! Thanks for humoring.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:49 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

I didn't know T2 was going through a rebrand, I'm excited to see what they do.

Actually looking back into it again, it was supposed to happen for the MLS Next Pro launch. Fingers crossed it's still gonna happen, but there's been no word for a while.

As for Yaquina Bay, it's a gorgeous crest and a gorgeous home kit! One of your nicest.

Not wild about the away. It's a good idea but I think it'd work better if the contours were more pinstripe-y than color block-y? IDK.