Oregon League (FINALE)

TheGiantsFan

2 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

Looks like we already got ourselves a fan culture! It's gonna be a really rowdy area, with neighboring Pendleton being home to a rodeo 😂

---

Staying close to the Columbia River for this next team...

North Division

Mt. Hood SC

Sandy, Oregon

Championships: 0

52716405515_653d37db85_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Hide contents

FqAjGnlaUAAj4K2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FqAjHgXaYAE7x7a?format=jpg&name=4096x409FqAjIY-akAIBwNC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Here's the YouTube video that I reference on the clash kit explainer: https://youtu.be/g8ay9OPHUYI. Peter Dibble has some excellent mini-documentaries about Oregon history, and I'm definitely referencing another one of his videos for a future team

Slam dunk as always 

Updated Fort Astoria is nice; I'll have to check out that column the next time I'm over there! I doubt it'd be an upgrade but I do kinda wonder how the back would look primarily yellow. Haven't watched the movie but that away is fun. 

Chehalem looks good, as they do IRL, and that home jersey is cool, though I'd maybe consider putting the Icarus logo up to one side like Adidas used to do? And I also think tonal blue herons might be nice instead of gold. Away jersey is solid.

My goodness that Klamath Falls logo is really nice, and so is that home jersey! Definitely captures the beauty of Upper Klamath Lake IMO. The away is classy too, and it might be nice to do it in the tan color that the home's sleeves are.

IDK why I find Hermiston kinda sillier in comparison to the other food teams but it's still pretty nice. Maybe it's just giving me bad flashbacks?

Mt Hood's jerseys are gorgeous, especially that home jersey, which totally conveys skiing. Love it. The logo is quite nice too though I'd say the diamonds feel a touch lopsided.

Also that video was really interesting; I supposed Seattle's Monorail isn't the only awkwardly-designed people-mover in Cascadia! (heads up, the link doesn't work properly though)

On 2/27/2023 at 6:11 PM, the_grateful_ted said:

Slam dunk as always 

Thanks so much! :)

On 2/27/2023 at 9:31 PM, vtgco said:

Updated Fort Astoria is nice; I'll have to check out that column the next time I'm over there! I doubt it'd be an upgrade but I do kinda wonder how the back would look primarily yellow. Haven't watched the movie but that away is fun. 

Chehalem looks good, as they do IRL, and that home jersey is cool, though I'd maybe consider putting the Icarus logo up to one side like Adidas used to do? And I also think tonal blue herons might be nice instead of gold. Away jersey is solid.

I definitely tried having a primarily-yellow back for the Astoria clash, and I promise you it didn't look great 😂

While I personally prefer the gold herons and stripes for the Chehalem home, I made a version where those are light blue just for you! Your Adidas link didn't work, so I hope I assumed the placement of the Icarus logo correctly 😬

Spoiler

52726759798_7d0bcd7999_b.jpg

On 2/27/2023 at 9:31 PM, vtgco said:

My goodness that Klamath Falls logo is really nice, and so is that home jersey! Definitely captures the beauty of Upper Klamath Lake IMO. The away is classy too, and it might be nice to do it in the tan color that the home's sleeves are.

IDK why I find Hermiston kinda sillier in comparison to the other food teams but it's still pretty nice. Maybe it's just giving me bad flashbacks?

Mt Hood's jerseys are gorgeous, especially that home jersey, which totally conveys skiing. Love it. The logo is quite nice too though I'd say the diamonds feel a touch lopsided.

I'm glad you liked all these other teams! :)  That's an...interesting Sounders kit 😂

I tried the Klamath clash in tan instead of white, but the tan ended up muddying the look of a kit that I wanted to keep as crisp as the lake. As far as Mt. Hood's crest is concerned, the slightly lopsided diamonds are actually intentional so that the diamonds fit the curved shield better (I couldn't make a good shield with straight-on diamonds).

Thanks for the thorough feedback as always! :)

---

Northwest Division

Multnomah Athletic Club

Portland, Oregon

Championships: 11

52726430598_073b678393_b.jpg

In a world without the Portland Timbers, the real-world Multnomah Athletic Club has taken over neighboring Providence Park to field the most dominant team in the Oregon League

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FqZ9A41acAApVcC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FqZ9D7TakAAfPmT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FqZ9MDsaYAANkTa?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 9

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (22/50: Multnomah Athletic Club)
  • TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (23/50: Brookings SC)
On 3/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, Megildur said:

I really like Brookings! It reminds me of Brighton & Hove Albion, but better.

Thanks so much! Let's just say that Brookings is a sunnier version of Brighton & Hove Albion 🌞

---

North Division

Milwaukie-Lake Oswego United

Milwaukie/Lake Oswego, Oregon

Championships: 1

52742606052_2eea0f28d6_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FrC1TUJaYAAPBDx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FrC1UK1agAIxOFq?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FrC1U4SacAAC7s3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (24/50: Milwaukie-Lake Oswego United)

East Division

Pendleton Cowboys

Pendleton, Oregon

52746291869_b0089ac59f_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

52750112341_7656ebd7ab_b.jpg

52750525285_0ca85a8136_b.jpg

52750605753_f09e4ab3e3_b.jpg

---

Now that we're halfway through the Oregon League, here are how the league's crests look all together:

FrJGyu7aYAExiR3?format=jpg&name=medium

FrJGyu_aMAAqAT-?format=jpg&name=medium

Still got plenty of teams and cool ideas left, and I'm still open for any suggestions that anyone may have for the remaining 25 teams :) 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (25/50: Pendleton Cowboys)
On 3/13/2023 at 6:50 PM, eegl75 said:

love that home kit for the cowboys, but what if the shorts were brown

The orange shorts were definitely a last-minute change from the original brown shorts, and you're totally right that it looks better with brown!

52746291869_b0089ac59f_b.jpg

EDIT 3/15/23: At the suggestion of @mcrosby on Twitter, the crest has been redrawn so that the soccer ball is underneath only the horse's front feet. The kits have been updated accordingly!

• Like 4

On 3/14/2023 at 5:33 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

Pendleton is an absolute A+. I love the Tottenham style crest, and you’ve executed perfectly on your inspiration for each kit. This is one of my favorites in the series so far. Excellent job!

Thank you very much! :)

---

Starting off the second half of the Oregon League with Roseburg!

South Division

United Roseburg SC

Roseburg, Oregon

52750043666_4fd6260ecf_b.jpg

This crest was repurposed from a concept I pitched for a real-life redesign of Deportivo Rose City in Portland that unfortunately got scrapped :/ 

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FrTDgYcaEAAlueh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FrTDhYSaUAAOixr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FrTDiODaQAAhcH7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (26/50: United Roseburg SC)
On 3/13/2023 at 11:58 PM, TheGiantsFan said:

The orange shorts were definitely a last-minute change from the original brown shorts, and you're totally right that it looks better with brown!

52746291869_b43fba03d3_b.jpg

EDIT 3/15/23: At the suggestion of @mcrosby on Twitter, the crest has been redrawn so that the soccer ball is underneath only the horse's front feet. The kits have been updated accordingly!

I never thought that I needed a Pendleton x TheGiantsFan crossover, but this is absolutely awesome. I love the home kit -- the design, the colors, all of it. If I have one nitpick, though, it's that the white name and number is somewhat hard to distinguish from the orange top. Would an all brown name & number look more clear? Or white with a brown outline?

I really like what you did with Roseburg too. The tree rings and diagonals are well-thought out.

Also, I realized after commenting on Brookings that you mentioned in its details that it was influenced by Brighton & Hove Albion. I had to laugh at myself a little for stating the obvious with my comment.

• Love 1

On 3/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, Megildur said:

I never thought that I needed a Pendleton x TheGiantsFan crossover, but this is absolutely awesome. I love the home kit -- the design, the colors, all of it. If I have one nitpick, though, it's that the white name and number is somewhat hard to distinguish from the orange top. Would an all brown name & number look more clear? Or white with a brown outline?

I really like what you did with Roseburg too. The tree rings and diagonals are well-thought out.

Also, I realized after commenting on Brookings that you mentioned in its details that it was influenced by Brighton & Hove Albion. I had to laugh at myself a little for stating the obvious with my comment.

Glad you liked Pendleton and Roseburg! :)

To improve the NOB legibility on the home kit, I went ahead and added a brown outline as well as removed part of the blanket pattern on the back:

Spoiler

52750525285_0ca85a8136_b.jpg

Thanks for the helpful feedback!

---

North Division

Sunnyside Sunbreaks

Happy Valley, Oregon

52758267807_cc98a62163_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FrokTfbaEAEl1B_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FrokUXsaEAEUiDL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FrokVOUaYAA74SC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (27/50: Sunnyside Sunbreaks)
On 3/20/2023 at 4:46 AM, PascalHugo said:

I really like this logo! Keep going my friend!

Thanks so much, my friend! :) 

On 3/20/2023 at 9:13 AM, TrueYankee26 said:

From a person who used to dislike egg yolk... damn this is amazing

I appreciate it! :) 

---

The inevitable Simpsons reference!

Central Division

Springfield Isotopes SC

Springfield, Oregon

52763922403_a2f1d7ed5f_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FrzHCFuacAIQCje?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FrzHDLwacAAEd1A?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FrzHELRaYAsUKEY?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Also, a shoutout to @Green27 for the tidbit about the Springfield Creamery and the Grateful Dead!

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (28/50: Springfield Isotopes SC)
On 3/22/2023 at 4:56 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

The home also looks kinda radioactive, and as we all know Homer works in a nuclear plant

I was struggling with the color scheme until I had that very same thought: Gotta give this team a dangerous and radioactive color scheme. That's when Springfield's volt yellow was born! :) 

On 3/22/2023 at 5:27 PM, eegl75 said:

missed opportunity to make the NOB on the kits say "simpson"

I reserve the NOB for a notable person from each location but at your request, here's a version with a notable person from fictional Springfield! :)

Spoiler

52780771449_27beb132d9_b.jpg

---

After a busy stretch at work and some artist's block, I finally have the next team for y'all!

Northwest Division

St. Johns SC

Portland, Oregon

Championships: 1

Quite possibly the last real-life team I include in the Oregon League, here's a heavily-rebranded incarnation of the NPSL's St. Johns FC (who used to have literal marijuana leaves on their crest)

52779774917_b1e547b6d2_b.jpg

DETAILS:

Spoiler

FsbXCNqaIAEjnvv?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FsbXDF_aUAEbz1G?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FsbXEJRacAAntqP?format=jpg&name=4096x409

A shoutout goes to @vtgco whose St. Johns-inspired Portland Timbers home kit concept served as a springboard for this team's identity :) 

• Like 7

• TheGiantsFan changed the title to The Oregon League (29/50: St. Johns SC)